Adaptive A.I.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I am not finding the adaptive A.I. very adaptive, how is your experience with it?
Are you using it to setting the A.I. strength or are you doing it by numbers like in other title?
Why and why not?

Thank you, interesting read. Not sure I want to get into using that tool, a little bit complicated.
Got a little bit better understanding, maybe, on how it is supposed to work.
Still would like to know what other are experiencing.
What about you, @Kenny Paton , are you using the adaptive A.I., do you like it?

What about you, @Kenny Paton , are you using the adaptive A.I., do you like it?
I do use it, I normally run a couple of 5 minute races before my main one which allows the AI to adapt to my snails pace.
Of course like all racing games some combos work better than others and allowances need to be made, but overall I think the racing is pretty good although I feel there has been a slight backwards step in the last few updates. I'd better point out that I've not done a lot in the past few months so I'm maybe being unfair.

The challenge with race is that if you start in the middle, your pace is really dictated by the AI since you are stuck with them.
They adjust to your average lap time, so for the two five minutes races I let them go and start from the back that way I'm running clean laps.
The thing is that once they start to get data they adjust for other combos and it gets better quicker.

Just an update, following the advices here made the A.I. adapt to my pace, it works well.
Thank you all for your help.
A.I. in RRRE is quite good and allows me some very nice racing. Not perfect but as good as it gets in my book, with the adaptive feature like icing on the cake.:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 330 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%