Adam's Sol Enhanced | Realism Filter for Sol 2.0

Misc Adam's Sol Enhanced | Realism Filter for Sol 2.0 4.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
thx for this pp-filter! Though I have a question...I am using the file called Adam's_SolEnhanced_2.1 with SOL 1.5/1.6 and CSP 0.160...how can I archieve such nice blue skies as seen on your screenshots? I've already played with the sky sliders in the SOL-config but without any success but the sky looks always some kind of foggy . Or maybe I am using the wrong version of your pp-filter?

Last edited:
thx for this pp-filter! Though I have a question...I am using the file called Adam's_SolEnhanced_2.1 with SOL 1.5/1.6 and CSP 0.160...how can I archieve such nice blue skies as seen on your screenshots? I've already played with the sky sliders in the SOL-config but without any success but the sky looks always some kind of foggy . Or maybe I am using the wrong version of your pp-filter?
So first of all, you are using the correct versions of ASE and SOL so that is good. My latest version is for SOL 2.0, I have not tested it on anything previous.

As for 2.1 and making your own edits, changing the sol config in game wont change my file. You will have to go to my file and open it and change the values themselves.

First of all make sure you have a clear weather with no clouds so you can see the true colour of the sky. Then open my .lua file in assettocorsa\MODS\Adam's Sol Enhanced\system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs\Adam's_SolEnhanced_2.1.lua

Then in that file you can change the settings that relate to sky fog, sky colour, saturation, brightness etc.

For example, if you want a stronger colour blue in the sky, then you will find:

-- ▌ SKY ▐
-- #
-- ### Sky Blue Preset ### CHOOSE WHICH SKY YOU WANT
-- 0 - flat
-- 1 - moderate
-- 2 - nice blue
-- 3 - dark blue
-- 4 - ACC
-- 5 - Truck Sim
-- 6 - ...
-- 7 - ...
-- 8 - custom / custom_config
-- 9 - Linear tonemapping
--10 - pre Sol 1.5 compatible
sky__blue_preset = 2 << CHANGE THIS NUMBER TO THE SKY YOU CHOOSE --min=0,max=10,default=0
sky__blue_strength = 1.125 << OR JUST INCREASE THIS SLOWLY --min=0,max=2,default=1.00
-- #
-- Smog simulation multiplier.
-- There are individual settings for the tracks.
sky__smog = 0.325 --min=0,max=2,default=1.00

Every time you make a change, CTRL+S to save the file, then go in to the game and press the "reset weather" button on the sol weather app and the settings will update.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help

Last edited:
Every time you make a change, CTRL+S to save the file, then go in to the game and press the "reset weather" button on the sol weather app and the settings will update.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help
this is the part i was missing I guess...now it's getting better. Thx for your help :)!

for me, this filter is way too dark in all but the most sunny of weather. anyone else feel this way?
Thats very strange because when I compare my Filter to SOL, SOL Extra and Natural Mod mine is brighter. Even just simply looking at the .ini and .lua files show my filter is brighter so it must be something on your game that is different and causing your game to be darker

Thats very strange because when I compare my Filter to SOL, SOL Extra and Natural Mod mine is brighter. Even just simply looking at the .ini and .lua files show my filter is brighter so it must be something on your game that is different and causing your game to be darker

Sol, sol_extra both are noticeably brighter. I will reset everything at the next sol update and check again but I tend to not mess with sol and csp settings once initially set.

Sol, sol_extra both are noticeably brighter. I will reset everything at the next sol update and check again but I tend to not mess with sol and csp settings once initially set.
Alright mate.
It is obviously an issue on your end, depending on what version of my mod you are using and what version of Sol you are using because I do know that if I use my old ASE 2.1 or 1.2 they are both dark like you describe.

My recommendation is to update to Sol 2.0 (only takes 60 seconds), and use the latest ASE 3.0 because the rest is old now. Performance is also better with new Sol so no reason to not update and then you wont have issues

Alright mate.
It is obviously an issue on your end, depending on what version of my mod you are using and what version of Sol you are using because I do know that if I use my old ASE 2.1 or 1.2 they are both dark like you describe.

My recommendation is to update to Sol 2.0 (only takes 60 seconds), and use the latest ASE 3.0 because the rest is old now. Performance is also better with new Sol so no reason to not update and then you wont have issues
I as m using csp 1.72, sol alpha 20 and it should be your latest release as I just downloaded it. I will download again just to make sure I have your latest.

Last edited:
I as m using csp 1.72, sol alpha 20 and it should be your latest release as I just downloaded it. I will download again just to make sure I have your latest.
Ah sorry I thought you were the one that said you were using my old ASE 2.1 and Sol 1.6.2. My bad, that was Felan.

Make sure you press the "reset weather" button on the Sol Weather App just in case it is not loading my files completely.

If all else fails, just open up my .ini file and increase the brightness, CTRL + S to save and then reset weather in game to update the game to newly saved settings. Other than that I am not sure what would cause this issue. But it does sound like your settings that are causing it because for me and others I have spoken to, when switching between my filter and Sol or Natural Mod, mine is brighter, but you say yours is darker. Sorry I cant help you any more than that.

If you want to know how to specifically change certain things to your liking, just message me on discord and I could make you a custom file to suit you if you cant figure out what is causing the darker look

Last edited:
iG_ADVM updated Adam's Sol Enhanced | PP Filter with a new update entry:

Free Personal Filter Requests

Hello passionate immersion hunting simulation racers :)

I originally decided to just post this to my discord server because I could be left with a lot of requests to complete. How ever I have decided to embrace the challenge and the potential ****-fest I might get myself into by posting this on here and see what happens.

So, what is it I am talking about?

Everyone has a different set up, preference and vision but not everyone has the capabilities or time to be able to make their own mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Overall visual balance and star visibility update | ASE 3.1 (Sol 2.0)

After much feedback and more time to test on other tracks, times of day and weather combinations, this update provides more balance visually across the game.

I am now going to keep previous versions in the download package for anyone who prefers 3.0 and in future you will have a good amount of variation and option as to which version you choose so nobody misses out.

Changes

- Slight contrast decrease to make mid day, sunny, clear sky scenarios more pleasing
- Slight saturation...

The slight tweak on 3.1 made a good difference, the dark parts don't loose much detail compared to 3.0, which is too dark for me as i described on the review.
Here's a collection of screens using 3.1, on 3 different day times, thank you for your work!
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-121-16-24-29.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-121-16-23-8.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-121-16-21-43.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-121-16-18-57.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-121-16-9-48.jpg

The slight tweak on 3.1 made a good difference, the dark parts don't loose much detail compared to 3.0, which is too dark for me as i described on the review.
Here's a collection of screens using 3.1, on 3 different day times, thank you for your work!View attachment 455135View attachment 455136View attachment 455137View attachment 455138View attachment 455139
great shots mate. Looks beautiful. It was your contrast criticism that got me to take a second pass of it because I originally made it perfect for me, and my settings, and my monitor, but obviously other peoples setups can be very different so I am glad it is better for you now :)

Sun, sky and atmosphere update + Video/CSP presets Included | ASE 3.2 (Sol 2.0)

Small fixes

- minimal contrast increase
- star visibility reduced from 1st person perspective
- minimal brightness increase to balance contrast increase (preventing shadow information loss

Major Changes and focus for 3.2

- sun and other lights bloom increase and softening
- sunset and sunrise pass achieving a bright and beautiful day/night and night/day transition
- clouds pass aiming for a soft, white day and night time cloud
- god rays increase and brightened
- warmer...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%