RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in. I will have to try the cars out and update with what I'm driving.

Hopefully this time I won't encounter any. I think a brief outage with my ISP disconnected me during warmup.

These cars are great on Bathurst a bundle of fun, even at my pace.
Thursday's have been dire over the past few weeks, maybe switch to some special events for the summer holidays!!

I`m in. Audi R8
In
i've got rehearsal tuesday, i'll have to miss this one. bummed !
Out
I'm in. I will have to try the cars out and update with what I'm driving.
Hopefully this time I won't encounter any. I think a brief outage with my ISP disconnected me during warmup.
In
@David DeGreef If I don't own the 2018 ADAC cars will that cause a problem if I want to race?
Seems if I don't own them then how would i be able to see them on track? Or is it that I just can not race them?
Only need to own the car you drive, all others will be visible

Please inform me, gentle-racers. Am I the only one that changes all 4 tires at the pit stop?
For the first time ever I changed fronts only on the 911 in our first club event and the car became unstable from that point forward. Won't make that mistake again, always 4.

Please inform me, gentle-racers. Am I the only one that changes all 4 tires at the pit stop?
I am fairly new to Raceroom but the few longer runs I have done so far have not shown that this behavior is much different than in other current racing sims.

The answer depends on:
- driving style (are you using a lot of tires or are you easy on your tires, also are you able to adapt to different car balances as a driver or does change of balance during a race cause you trouble)
- setup (how much can your setup compensate for balance changes due to different tire wear)
- actual tire wear (completely car dependent and how events are setup)

If you eat your tires due to an aggressive driving style and perhaps a couple of spins now and then you may end up with one pair of very worn tires and a fresh pair (if you pit late).

If you are easy on your tires and avoid spinning and sliding you will reduce tire wear and combined this with an early pitstop there really isn't a drastic change in balance at all.

You have all the freedom to time your pit stop with these super short 40 min races were essentially no refueling is needed (the refueling time really is longer than the added time per lap due to higher fuel loads).

Another aspect is the car you are driving - I found with the Audi in this weeks race is massively understeering pretty much at all times (turn in, mid corner, on, off throttle, it is an understeering machine), so the only grip I am really worried about with that car is the front end grip to have as much lateral traction through those fast corner sections as possible (those make the lap time).

I pitted early (to prevent a drastic change in balance between the tires that were about 10 laps old and the two fresh tires).
I changed only the fronts (as grip up front on the Audi is much more important than at the rear).

I saved something like roughly ~10sec.

Here is the tasty bit: the three podium finishers in this weeks race were each ~10 seconds apart.
Changing 2 or 4 tires makes a place in the grid here.
Every second counts.

From a strategy standpoint there is only one correct answer for how these last two races were setup up:
- run full fuel for 40min
- pit early
- change only 2 tires
- drive consistently without making mistakes

@David DeGreef If I don't own the 2018 ADAC cars will that cause a problem if I want to race?
Seems if I don't own them then how would i be able to see them on track? Or is it that I just can not race them?
With Raceroom you only have to buy a single livery of the car you want to start in (not even needed the buy the "whole" car with all liveries attached to it.

All other cars on the grid will be displayed just fine (they are all on your hard drive already).

I can race a Porsche? I am in - I'll take the KÜS Porsche #17 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%