• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US ADAC Masters @ Bathurst - Tue 23 Jul 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 11, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 23-07-19
  1. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    At one point you were catching me down the back straight and I was moving side to side until you yelled out "pick a line". Didn't mean to scare you there, I was just messing around breaking the draft, I was definitely going to stick to one side once you got close enough.

2. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +772
    I had no idea you could run a custom HUD, where'd you find that?[/QUOTE]
    It's provided by Raceroom but you have to download and install it, then modify it to meet your needs. Here's a link to a youtube video that walks you thru it.
    I've found it really helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    @sc4dr, I'm sorry mate, but I totally disagree with this. If you want to let faster drivers by then that's your personal choice, but nobody else is obligated to do so and you have no right to ask or expect them to.

Being "faster" does not grant anyone more right to the track than anybody else. Everybody is well within their rights to defend their position and try to prevent a faster driver from passing, as long as they stay within normal racing rules. It doesn't matter if they're holding you up or causing the pack to catch you. That's part of racing, and if you're unable to make the pass on someone fairly then that's just tough, I'm afraid.

The one and only exception to this is when the car ahead is a back marker. Even then it's still the responsibility of the passing driver to do so safely, without expecting them to dive off the track the instant they come up behind them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    I think he was going for the idea that strategically it can be better to let someone go by rather than fighting and losing ground to the others. I totally agree with him there.

5. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    I play and have taught. Guitar playing, like racing, is 'Muscle Memory'. You reproduce what you practice. Practice playing guitar fast while making mistakes over and over and you will do just that. Practice 1-3 hot laps then go off road or wreck and guess what?

6. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59

7. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Eh, I think you have me wrong. I’m talking about blocking. It’s frowned upon in all motor sports. If I have a line, and can pass safe without the other driver slowing down, that’s a safe legit pass. If you are the guy who blocks everyone you will get yourself kicked from most servers, and iracing where I do most of my multiplayer, you will have people reporting you constantly( not like that won’t happen anyway cause it does with cry baby’s).

But yea, I’m not asking for the driver to say”oh here comes Bock, I better move over”. Just don’t be a jerk and intentionally jam me up. It’s not sportsmanlike. Right???

8. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    I stand by my initial post regarding pace, lets not hold up anyone by means that may be considered unsportsmanlike. Now let's move on please.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    Ooh I hope you do just that. I really enjoy going out of my comfort zone and trying cars I'm unfamiliar with. Personally I get more enjoyment when I have to spend a significant amount of time with a car and track combo to feel comfortable with it. It is especially satisfying when you learn to tame a beast that wants to kill you at every corner :)

10. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I was partly trying to blame the car for my issues, but the truth is, the main problem was me. Even if I ran an LMP in that race I probably wouldn't have placed in the top 3. I got to work on my skills.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    I think that just comes with time.

The Camaro is a tricky car to use, especially on Bathurst. I feel I did better with it than I expected too, but I still spun out twice and traded paint with a few walls.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I got time (I hope), so the next time ADAC at Bathurst comes up, I'll do my best to not get lapped. :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.