• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US ADAC Masters @ Bathurst - Tue 23 Jul 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 11, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 23-07-19
  1. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +690
    You're in

• Like Like x 1
  2. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +459
    Looks like I am clear to stream this event tonight. As usual, I will start at the end of Qualifying.

• Love Love x 2
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Having PC problems... trying to fix it.

4. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    That was the most fun I've ever had in raceroom, thanks for the great race guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. David DeGreef

David DeGreef

Ratings:
    +690
    Looking forward to watching the stream, thanks for streaming @davew045

I will have post for our next event up tomorrow as I screwed up and put it in the rFactor2 club :redface:

This weeks random draw for 200 VRP are:
    @TrumpetReich
    @johndough247
    @brc19

Edit: @brc19 has graciously offered his winnings for re-gifting, as he owns all content and would like someone else the opportunity to have the 200 VRP. The lucky guy is @TR_S
    Congrats to Joey and Thanks to Mitchell

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    I sorta had fun. Apparently you can turn the start lights on and off? I don't see that option. Two weeks in a row I have no start lights.

Had a race long battle sort of with Powell. My bad Man, I watched the replay and I got a little anxious at the top of the mountain and nudged you from behind. In car it felt totally different.

So I'm eating my words about being consistent. Just goes to show that even with the fastest pace, it doesn't guarantee results. I guess I didn't do too bad for tumbling multiple times.... and spinning.... and boofing the start!

See you next week boys!

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Poor car choice and even poorer driver skills on my part. I am glad that this one is over. :poop:

Hopefully next race, I have the sense to pick a car I get along with.

8. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +71
    You blew my doors off going by me on the back straight early on. It had plenty of straight line speed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    No problem man, it was all in good fun...I was just amazed that I was fighting you off for a possible podium, at Bathurst and in a 911 no less. Still trying to figure out where you find those extra 2 seconds per lap, every time CrewChief would tell me "new fastest lap for Bock..." I'm like "Oh **:confused:** me, here we go again..." :roflmao:

Really happy that I managed to stay pretty consistent save for 1 or 2 laps. I've been really working on my defensive driving lately so good to know it's starting to kinda work ("60% of the time, it works every time" :whistling: ). See you guys next week!

• Like Like x 2
  10. LegendMask

LegendMask
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    After checking the replay, I wanna apologize publicly for causing the chaos that happened within literally 10 seconds, I slammed into @2112 which resulted that ugly incident or should I say accident that affected almost everybody.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
  11. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +776
    Wow! What can I say but "wow". What a surprise. This has to be my best race in the 3+ years I've been sim racing. And with cars that I usually stay away from because I can't handle them, on a track that I usually avoid b/c I've never been any good at it. Of course it helped by getting out in front right at the start so that I didn't get involved in any of the chaos that seems to go hand and hand with this track.

Feel sorry for Dan (@sc4dr) with such a good quali and to then have a starting light malfunction for the 2nd week in a row. Really disheartening I'm sure since he was by far the fastest drive out there but hopefully he'll get that sorted out soon. Of course once he does I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of his rear bumper if I'm even close enough to see it so I guess the money I paid to have a starting light bug planted in his computer has finally paid off:p.

Congrats to Aryton (@TrumpetReich) and David (@David DeGreef) for their podium finishes and thanks to David for his efforts in hosting this race. Also, want to thank my cousin @davew045 for his streaming efforts.

Here's my video:

• Beer Beer x 4
  12. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    Haha thanks Mike I needed that! Made me laugh out loud at work. Congrats again on the win. You earned that one Buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. brc19

brc19
    Premium

Ratings:
    +39
    I feel the same way. :unsure:

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    That's too bad you feel that way. I was pleasantly surprised with how I did in the Camaro despite the maybe 5 scary moments. I've grown quite fond of it after this race actually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. David DeGreef

David DeGreef

Ratings:
    +690
    Funny how that works isn't it? When I started doing club events it forced me to try combinations I never would have done on my own, thanks to @Ross Garland. Not prompting for anything, just observing how it has benefited me and hope it does for others. In a couple of weeks I plan on doing just that pushing that thing that goes REALLY??!!?? :ninja::cautious:, hope you will give it a go.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    Not gonna blame you for my finish but...

Two weeks in a row I am behind you on the grid, get a good start and then end up either hitting you or the guy behind you!

All in all it was a fun race, again. I not only got caught up in Dan's issues (Dan, I will call out the start for you next week!), but got collected in a Turn one incident. Can't get mad about it as I know the driver was not trying to be an idiot, he just got caught out and there was enough of my own mistakes that negated time lost in turn one.

After starting 3rd I came out of T1 in last (I believe). I fought like hell to get to a respectable position all the while I ended up causing as much mayhem as what occurred in T1. Just ask Law, I know I screwed him and one other driver in the twisties up top (I entered at my usual speed without taking into account they would probably enter slower; I carry a lot of speed through there....). I was intimate with more than one wall and I think there is one wall up top that thinks we are now married.

Finished sixth after trying to rampage back. Not bad, not good, but still fun.

• Beer Beer x 2
  17. David DeGreef

David DeGreef

Ratings:
    +690
    I am not taking anything more from these posts and comments on TS than perhaps disappointment in some of our own efforts. I do want to point out a few observations I had, as well as the comments from others to prevent drivers from being discouraged and quitting or not participating.

Let's remember that defending your position and blocking are two different things. If a faster car approaches you from no where and your are running by yourself, you should be prepared to get passed. I don't mean that you need to do much other than take your normal line and speed, but do not make a last ditch effort to close the door, or run down the middle of the track that wouldn't be considered a normal or proper line. In other words making your car 'wide'. It is the responsibility of the faster driver to get by, but also the less faster driver not to make it impossible.

In particular during practice, as I voiced my concerns last night out of a bit of surprise as to tactics taken to prevent drivers from passing.

First lap incidents, for the most part, can be avoided if we remember that during the course of the event mistakes will happen and positions lost with no contact, and opportunities will present themselves.

As Kung Fu was told 'Patience Grasshopper those that make less mistakes will finish ahead of those that do' or something like that.

Great fun, great race thank you for participating and hope to see you all this week at Road America

I made a mistake and posted the event to the wrong thread, it will be moved. In the meantime here is the link (as well as on the calendar)
    https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-america-tue-30-jul-2019.170578/#post-3002895

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,069
    Yep, I'm certainly an advocate of people putting themselves outside their comfort zones and trying new things. In racing terms, it's what helps us develop and learn. It's what makes us become more rounded drivers that are able to adapt to a wide range of conditions. Sticking solely with what you're comfortable with limits not only your progress as a driver, but also your racing options.

As my guitar tutor says, "Don't practice what you're good at, practice what you're rubbish at. Otherwise you're not really learning very much."

:)

• Like Like x 2
  19. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    [QUOTE="Here's my video:
    [/QUOTE]
    I had no idea you could run a custom HUD, where'd you find that?

20. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    Sorry for hurting your race chances Greg. I thought you would be as equally frustrated as I was! I will do some public lobby racing this week to sort out why I’m not getting a start countdown.

On another note, like David said. I would appreciate anyone slower than myself not to go out of your way to keep me from passing. If someone comes up on me who’s faster I typically let them by when it’s safe, and then fall in. I’ve found it actually is faster that way. Otherwise the pack ends up catching us due to slower lines due to blocking. Just something to think about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.