• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US ADAC Masters @ Bathurst - Tue 23 Jul 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 11, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 23-07-19
  1. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    How have you gotten that thing to turn? I ran some laps in it and smashed into the outside wall at every turn, it simply would not turn in. Do you have some magic hidden away?

2. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11

For me, no magic. I just brake for the turns a little earlier and because the rear steps out, I am very careful when rolling onto the throttle. I tend to take the turns a bit slower than the Z4 I was testing, and use as much of the track as I can.

Also on turns where some cars can go flat out in 4th or 5th gear, I have to lift briefly. I am not familiar with the names of the turns, so I think turns 6, 9 and 10 are the ones I am referring to. (Just looked at the map)

3. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    Awesome. There will be two of us

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I see that you are using the 2013 #41. I did most of my testing in the 2015 #25, so that will be my ride for the festivities. :D

5. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    OMG I take back what I said about this car! Did some setup tweaks, and holy smokes it can stretch it's legs. I'm not going to say what the times were (you can check out the leaderboard), but it's not far off pace of my faster cars. Here's what I changed in setup for you Camaro guys:

FT Toe -.40
    RR Toe +.15
    FT ARB 617 lbs
    RR ARB 731lbs
    Wing 0deg
    Brake 100%
    Diff Preload 3 clicks

Pretty much all my cars I run little to no wing. Those long straights command it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SR Chok

SR Chok
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    In please

• Love Love x 1
  7. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
  8. SR Chok

SR Chok
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Please delete me, I didn't show time, it's in USA and I'm in Europe, so it's too late for me.

Thanks

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    David,

I am in. When you announced it last week on TS I committed, I just forgot to go to the thread. I will be in a Porsche.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    I might try this out tonight if I get home early enough. I've been trying a really loose set up, mostly for fun and modifying the default. I managed to get down to just below 2:08 consistently last night with both set ups although the approach to driving both is completely different.

Tonight is going to be fun guys

11. Minerro

Minerro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm working today so unfortunately, I'm sitting this one out. Maybe I'll see you guys next week. :/

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    You're in
    Thanks for the heads up. Cya next week, it may be the best yet.

Everyone-I will be resetting the server about 20:00 ET for tonight's event. I will be on TS to give fair warning.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  13. emarchena

emarchena
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi, sign me in please

• Love Love x 1
  14. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    If you are having a bit of trouble figuring out the track or when to shift, brake, etc. This video of a onboard lap in a Audi GT3 is an excellent example of how it is done:

It is a 1:59 lap in an unrestricted car but don't worry about the lap time just watch where he shifts, lets off the gas, coast, and his brake and gas inputs. If you can duplicate this then you should be pretty fast or at least know you are doing it right. These kind of hot lap times are nice but in the race you just need to be consistent and fast to do well and enjoy the race! Just so you know, I'm not anywhere near this time or some of the other times posted on this thread but then I'm old and slow and mostly look for consistency and a good race with whoever happens to be at my pace:cool:

• Love Love x 2
  15. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    BTW, the best setup change I have found for the cars I am testing (will race in the Audi) is to lower the front spring rates a click or two. Helps on turn in and control. Helps with the way I drive, your results may vary:D

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    You're in

Server has been reset for tonight's event so we are good to go.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I must be all messed up. Where is everyone? I had to reinstall my wheel driver. Now I cannot find the server on Team Speak.

18. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    Practice starts in an hour and a half.

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    Yeah... I kind of forgot that the times have been moved back an hour and I misread the Military time.

I was on track for a second with 2 hours of practice time to go. I think I am gonna eat dinner and then get some more seat time with the car.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    I saw 2 slots left. If there's still an opening, I'm in. I'll be heading in straight from work but will be in time for Qual.

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.