RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is video of some laps and fights between Lasse, Anders and me. I must also apologize to Bedrich for start mess I caused, but I was a bit suprised how fast pre-start procedure was done :unsure:.

Anyway, again I have to say, even I repeat myself as a broken record but please, if somebody behind you is on his fast lap and you just came out of the pits, please, give that guy room to pass you ASAP, there is no need to race with him, you will have enough time to prove yourself in the race ;).

Here is video of some laps and fights between Lasse, Anders and me. I must also apologize to Bedrich for start mess I caused, but I was a bit suprised how fast pre-start procedure was done :unsure:.

Anyway, again I have to say, even I repeat myself as a broken record but please, if somebody behind you is on his fast lap and you just came out of the pits, please, give that guy room to pass you ASAP, there is no need to race with him, you will have enough time to prove yourself in the race ;).
Awesome racing there from the three of you! I hope to be as fast as you guys when I grow up...

Wow! Nice clear battles! You guys were rulling whole "weekend". :)

Have to train that "Elbow" section better. Renamed to myself to "wall-kiss section". :-(
1024px-Forestelbow.jpg

I'm sorry for the last minute changes, but I'm changing the format of this race;
Practice: 19:00 GMT - 60 mins
Qualifying 1:
20:00 GMT - 10 mins
Race 1:
20:10 GMT - 25 mins
Practice 2:
20:35 GMT - 10 mins (consider this break/warmup period)
Race 2: 20:45 GMT - 25 mins

This after last nights experience, 2 races allows people a second chance should they mess up in the first.
We will run with fuel consumption off due to me not know if you can make a full 25 mins on a single tank in these cars.
Tire wear will still be on though, but no mandatory pit stop.

Also, note that the second race will have completely random grid slots, since the game does not officially support a 2 race format as of yet. Just a test to see how it flies. :)

I will be changing the format of this and future events, I'll update the thread a little later but here's the gist of it;
  • 30 min practice to reduce the length of the event
  • 2 races @ 20 or 25 min each
  • 10 min qual before race 1, perhaps both
  • Fuel consumption off
  • No mandatory pit stops
  • Race 1 will have normal tire wear
  • Race 2 will have increased tire wear, hopefully to a point where pitting will be needed
  • Race 2 might have random grid, not sure yet
Hope you guys bare with me as I test a few things like this to try find the format for future races.

Oh and from today and onwards, no signups once practice starts.

I will be changing the format of this and future events, I'll update the thread a little later but here's the gist of it;
  • 30 min practice to reduce the length of the event
  • 2 races @ 20 or 25 min each
  • 10 min qual before race 1, perhaps both
  • Fuel consumption off
  • No mandatory pit stops
  • Race 1 will have normal tire wear
  • Race 2 will have increased tire wear, hopefully to a point where pitting will be needed
  • Race 2 might have random grid, not sure yet
Hope you guys bare with me as I test a few things like this to try find the format for future races.

Yeah shortening practice is a good idea, as is no fuel consumption (heard that last race was erm...interesting in that respect ;) ) is a reverse grid possible for race 2? I think it would be better than random. 10 minute qualy will be fun though, especially since its a longer lap, nailing a lap in that time will be a challenge! :D

Looking forward to it :)

Sadly the game does not support two race format with reverse grid as an option.
What more, we tried running the second race yesterday with a 10 min practice and no qual to have random grid, but once practice was over the server rolled over into a 5 minute qual that I had not set up. So we might have to run qual for both races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%