Ad sky to track

Hi guys,
i'm trying to build a tracy with BTB, which world quite well, except that the track doesn't have a sky.
Any idea how i can ad a sky?
Running Racer v 0.8.37
cheers

I took sky.dof and sky.tga from carlswood and copied it to my track. Added some code to track.shd but nothing changed.
Code:
vf_sky
{
  vertex_shader
  {
    ;file=sky_daynight_v.cg
    file=sky_v.cg
  }
  fragment_shader
  {
    ;file=sky_daynight_f.cg
    file=sky_f.cg
  }
}

shader_sky~vf_sky
{
  sky=1
  cull=none
  layer0
  {
    map=sky_clouds.tga
    depthwrite=0
    depthfunc=always
  }
  layer1
  {
    map=sky_night.tga
    depthwrite=0
    depthfunc=always
  }

It also needs to go in geometry.ini of course. Carlswood just has
Code:
sky01
{
  file=sky.dof
  flags=0
}

There's a flag for having the skybox move around with the player, but for small tracks this is adequate.

Awesome, thanks a lot. finally its usable.
However, the sky is really bright. Can you tell me if I can change this? or is it just changing the sky.tga?
thanks a lot for the help.

when you're ingame, enter 'edit tod' which means Time Of Day, a relative new feature. From there, you can tweak each TOD point & get the brightness value as you intend.

There's also sunny = 0 - 10 or clouds = 0 - 3, just choose a value from the range I've indicated.
Last thing, the range of sky values was re-normalized to 0-1 range along with other variables, so keep an eye on it & compare older special.inis to newer ones, to get the big picture !

Make sure you read racer.nl, it's full of info...

Thanks for the help so far.
After I add the sky on a computer with nvidia graphics (nvidia geforce 8600 gts) the track and all objects turn dark. The sky can be seen and when I turn on headlights i can see some objects.
Don't have the problem on a friends computer with ati graphics (ATI Radeon 4800).
Any suggestions on how to "turn on tthe light"?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%