Ad packs for AMS - simple mods for greater immersion

Did you know you can create ad packs for Automobilista? Check out these three mods below:

I didn't know this was possible. These mods seem to have been lost to the sands of time in the AMS downloads folder, and it's too bad. Seemingly minor mods like this go a loooong way to enhance immersion on stock content tracks. Would love to see more mods of this type for AMS!

(I may even give a shot at creating one myself, despite my non-existent graphic design skills :p)

In case anyone is interesting in doing an ad pack, here is the general procedure to follow. It's quite straightforward.
  • Unpack one of the AdPack*****.mas files in Automobilista\GameData\Locations\ReizaCommon
  • This yields a folder containing the ads in .dds format
  • Edit these images (ensuring the files keep the same name) so that they contain new ads
  • Repack the folder into a AdPack*****.mas file with the same name as the original .mas file
  • Rename the original .mas file to keep a backup, then copy in the new file, and the new ads should appear in-game
To do this, you need two tools: (1) a MAS unpacker and; (2) an image editor capable of handling .dds images.
  1. I personally have used Virtua_LM's MAS-Explorer v2.12 to unpack .mas files for rFactor and AMS. Do a web search and you should be able to find a working link. I also hear the tools for rFactor and rFactor 2 to unpack .mas files also work for Automobilista .mas files.
  2. An image editor that can edit .dds files. I have never done this myself, but I've read that both Photoshop and GIMP have .dds plugins. Apparently Paint.NET can edit .dds files as well.

Last edited:
An image editor that can edit .dds files. I have never done this myself, but I've read that both Photoshop and GIMP have .dds plugins. Apparently Paint.NET can edit .dds files as well.
Small update. GIMP now comes "out of the box" with DDS support. And apparently the new version of Photoshop do not support the DDS plugin that worked previously.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back