ACU Barcelona City Texture update

Tracks ACU Barcelona City Texture update 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

ACU Barcelona City Texture update - Complete texture update

Hi Guys

Here's a complete texture update for ACU's Barcelona City.

Update details:

- Reworked every single building texture (better colors and texture)
- Reworked and upscaled all monument buildings and statue's
- Reworked and upscaled Barcelona Stadium and Plaza Hotel
- Reworked and upscaled Sagrada Família Church and arco_triunfo
- Replaced Assetto Corsa banners with Liqui Moly one's
- Reworked yellow and black amco rails
- Darker grandstand seats
- Added some contrast to...

Read more about this resource...

i put skins folder in barcelona city folder but in CM skin won t apear
The skins are loaded as default textures in your Assetto Corsa tracks folder. (acu_barcelona-city\skins\default)

You can create a CM folder in the skins folder if you want it to appear.

Thanks for the texture update (although I can't really appreciate any resolution changes at 1080p in the Rift) but if you are going to do more of them (like you say) then you'd probably be better doing them as a selectable skin (track folder/skins/cm_skins/new texture folder) rather than the current method. It makes selecting between the new and default textures easier for comparison purposes, and makes it easier to revert to defaults if people encounter performance issues due to larger texture sizes etc.
It's easy to create a new skin in Content Manager, there's a button to do it ('Skins') at the bottom of the [content/tracks/whatever track] page in CM.
It'll also automatically create a [ui_track_skin.json] file as well.
Apologies if you already know all this but I'm guessing not from the file structure of this skin, so hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the texture update (although I can't really appreciate any resolution changes at 1080p in the Rift) but if you are going to do more of them (like you say) then you'd probably be better doing them as a selectable skin (track folder/skins/cm_skins/new texture folder) rather than the current method. It makes selecting between the new and default textures easier for comparison purposes, and makes it easier to revert to defaults if people encounter performance issues due to larger texture sizes etc.
It's easy to create a new skin in Content Manager, there's a button to do it ('Skins') at the bottom of the [content/tracks/whatever track] page in CM.
Apologies if you already know all this but I'm guessing not from the file structure of this skin, so hope this helps.
Many thanks

To be honest I had no clue ( still have no clue :) ), I've always been a Assetto fan, just never had the proper system to fully appreciate it with all the new mods.

Now that I can enjoy Assetto properly, I actually have very little knowledge about Assetto.

Many thanks

To be honest I had no clue ( still have no clue :) ), I've always been a Assetto fan, just never had the proper system to fully appreciate it with all the new mods.

Now that I can enjoy Assetto properly, I actually have very little knowledge about Assetto.
Do you use Content Manager instead of the vanilla launcher? If not, that should be your first step.
:)

Do you use Content Manager instead of the vanilla launcher? If not, that should be your first step.
:)
Have just recently upgrade my system, so Sol and shader patch with content manager is all new to me.

Just updated Macau with all the CM settings, hopefully I got it right :)

Kind of figured most of it out, trial and error also helps I guess.

Any tips are always welcome. I started modding track textures with AMS and now would like to continue with Assetto, so any help would be very much appreciated!

I got to the skins part with CM, but that's as far as I can go. What would I have to click or do next?

As for launching tracks with CM, in most cases it's been ok. Macau, settings in general were fine, little color loss and exposure.

With Barcelona the new files and settings applied be CM has made the track worse in my opinion. Tree textures look terrible and there's a lot of detail lost which I noticed a bit with Macau.

I can't enjoy Barcelona with CM updates, yes the night time looks very good but day time racing the track looks awful.

I don't know if it's just me but with CM track launch and it's new settings applied are not always 100%.

Some tracks I have removed all CM added content, then others like Macau I've kept.

I got to the skins part with CM, but that's as far as I can go. What would I have to click or do next?

As for launching tracks with CM, in most cases it's been ok. Macau, settings in general were fine, little color loss and exposure.

With Barcelona the new files and settings applied be CM has made the track worse in my opinion. Tree textures look terrible and there's a lot of detail lost which I noticed a bit with Macau.

I can't enjoy Barcelona with CM updates, yes the night time looks very good but day time racing the track looks awful.

I don't know if it's just me but with CM track launch and it's new settings applied are not always 100%.

Some tracks I have removed all CM added content, then others like Macau I've kept.
For the track skin click 'override textures' and you can then select the ones you want to rework. The originals will all be preserved as the defaults, so don't worry about causing permanent damage to the track.
CM is just an alternative launcher to the vanilla Kunos one, albeit with a lot more features and functions. Are you thinking of CSP or Sol settings that affect how the game looks?

For the track skin click 'override textures' and you can then select the ones you want to rework. The originals will all be preserved as the defaults, so don't worry about causing permanent damage to the track.
CM is just an alternative launcher to the vanilla Kunos one, albeit with a lot more features and functions. Are you thinking of CSP or Sol settings that affect how the game looks?
Sol I have figured out with the ppfilters that I like.

Before I launch a track with CM, always launch through Assetto first to see the difference, before and after.

Just now I tried a random track, Miami Bay with Assetto launch and trees look good. After CM launch now the trees are bright and lack texture due to there over exposure.

Same problem with Barcelona, trees changed after CM launch and look worse than before.

This is not the case with all tracks, if can understand what changes are made to the trees then maybe I can set trees the way I want for those few tracks that CM has made worse.

With Miami Bay I could see that all CM downloaded was a ambient patch, where this file goes I don't know.

There's no CM Miami Bay configuration settings file in extension\config\tracks any where.

Last edited:
Could be any one of a number of things, but probably something simple. Maybe ask on the CSP discord?
Found it, just don't know how to open to edit.

The file or vao-patch file that goes into extension\vao-patches is where CM stores the ambient patch which affects the trees.

acu_miami-bayside.vao-patch, just don't know how to open it.

Deleted it and trees look normal again, same went for Barcelona, trees look fine.

Still would like to know how to edit those files. If one could keep the ambient patch and make adjustments to trees would be great.

@Mascot

Just a exercise, ran both Barcelona and Macau with CM, let it add all the settings. Tracks load and look fine.

Barcelona trees are bad with ambient vao-patch, Macau there's a lot of color lost in the trees and would assume that this impacts building textures too.

When I delete both tracks vao-patch files, all other settings are fine, night lighting and everything else is there. Only now buildings and trees look more vibrant.

There's obviously something in the ambient vao-patch file that affects these textures, why some tracks more than others, don't know.

The difference on the trees is actually quite big when you start comparing colors and overall appearance.

Last edited:
ClimaxF1 updated ACU Barcelona City Texture update with a new update entry:

ACU Barcelona City Texture update v1.1

Hi Guys

Been a while since I've uploaded anything, got back into Assetto trying some new cars and tried this track again.

Wasn't happy with my original update so decided to rework it again.

Update details v1.1:

- Reworked every single building texture (better colors and texture)
- Reworked and upscaled several building textures
- Reworked grandstand seats
- Changed grandstand stands to black
- Changed tv tower stand to black
- Added red gazebo
- Added some contrast to all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ClimaxF1 updated ACU Barcelona City Texture update with a new update entry:

Tree adjustment

Hi there

My apologies for the quick re-upload

Small adjustment to all trees

Update details v1.1:
- Adjusted brightness of trees
- Adjusted hue slightly of feature tree ( tree of surrounded by ivy)

Installation:

- Copy track folder into your Assetto tracks folder
*NB* delete previous skin folder

- Select CF1_Barcelona-City skins in content manager

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%