ACTV

Apps ACTV 2.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I finally took some time to investigate the FPS issues, looks like some fonts are getting rendered slower than others
Segoe UI: 0 fps
OpenSans: 0 fps
SignikaNegative:-7 fps
Strait: -8 fps
Noto: -9 fps
Yantramanav:-13 fps
Overlock: -16 fps
The F1 font that I have (from their site): -18 fps
The test was done at Spa with 24 drivers shown in the tower (qualif and race), the more driver you have in the tower, the worst it gets.
Nothing I can correct with programming... Non monospaced fonts seems to introduce some lag

Nice investigation pruun! Do you happen to know if this could be a general problem that might also be present in other apps? If so, it might be worth to go through all my apps and check what fonts they are using.

Nice investigation pruun! Do you happen to know if this could be a general problem that might also be present in other apps? If so, it might be worth to go through all my apps and check what fonts they are using.
The problem is only present if you have a lot of labels with a bad font. I've got 24 drivers * 3(position,name,time) = 72 label just for the tower. Even if everything is static (not even asking the api to redraw it), the fps drops anyway.

Hello. I'm a member of OGN(Game broadcasting channel in SOUTH KOREA)
We're planning a racing league using the Assettocorsa.
Can I use that mode to proceed with the league?
(Is it free license?)

I finally took some time to investigate the FPS issues, looks like some fonts are getting rendered slower than others
Segoe UI: 0 fps
OpenSans: 0 fps
SignikaNegative:-7 fps
Strait: -8 fps
Noto: -9 fps
Yantramanav:-13 fps
Overlock: -16 fps
The F1 font that I have (from their site): -18 fps
The test was done at Spa with 24 drivers shown in the tower (qualif and race), the more driver you have in the tower, the worst it gets.
Nothing I can correct with programming... Non monospaced fonts seems to introduce some lag

That F1 font is optimized at all. I spend some time converting and trying my best to optimize it but could only recover about 60%~ of the lost FPS.

Hello with me the Delta time does not work in the livestream with the individual drivers! What can I do that shows the delta time for each driver in the livestream. Thanks for the help, have the latest update of the tool and the latest version of assetto corsa.

I have first time installed the ACTV app. The installation was successful and the app is working very well. But I have a question to that. In every screenshots is only the ACTV lap tower is visible. But in my driver view there is everytime additional the standard AC lap tower. How can I switch off these to have only the ACTV lap tower? Attached an example what I mean (in Photoshop from different pictures merged !!!).

thx
Nick

Attachments

• Lap Tower 2.jpg
    Lap Tower 2.jpg
    815 KB · Views: 230
  • Lap Tower.jpg
    Lap Tower.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 218
I have first time installed the ACTV app. The installation was successful and the app is working very well. But I have a question to that. In every screenshots is only the ACTV lap tower is visible. But in my driver view there is everytime additional the standard AC lap tower. How can I switch off these to have only the ACTV lap tower? Attached an example what I mean (in Photoshop from different pictures merged !!!).

thx
Nick
Press F9 ingame until it goes away.

Great, that's what I searched for. Do you know also which shortcut I need to switch off the standard driver name and lap counter?

Thanks again
Nick

Attachments

• Case 1.jpg
    Case 1.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Case 2.jpg
    Case 2.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 228
For the first one, go to Content Manager, Settings, Assetto Corsa, System and turn the Session information things off.

For the second one you need Shader patch, then to go Content Manager, Settings, Custom Shader Patch, General patch settings and turn the "Hide that camera message on top" on.

I assume you are trying to set up replay/recording/streaming from races? I have some experience with that. If you need help, send me a private message in here.

Hello together & Happy New Year,

I have a new question to ACTV. How will assigned the little color bar on the ACTV tower? I want create a group of drivers and these assign a dedicated color. Or is the assigning based on the car class? If yes, how can I change this car class?

And as second question. What is the most possible amount of drivers in the ACTV tower.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards
Mario

Last edited:
Because nobody could help me and prunn is for a long time offline, I have analyzed the ACTV python scripts self. Everybody who wants change the colors at the ACTV tower for a specific class can do this as follows:

1. Definition Car Class
Assign the car to a class in the file ui_car.json (car ui folder). The responsible keyword in the json file is "tags". The value must start with a "#" followed by the desired class. Here an example line for the class GT5 (only thinked up):

"tags": ["#GT5", "rwd", ........],

2. Definition Class Color
Search for the lines in the classes.py script (ACTV folder)

@staticmethod
def lmp1(a):
return rgb([205, 0, 0], a=a)

and add the following lines

@staticmethod
def gt5(a):
return rgb([0, 150, 54], a=a)

The color code (0,150,54) is standard rgb and can find out with Photoshop or other.

3. Mapping Class to Color
Search for the lines in the classes.py script

if cl == 'lmp1':
return Colors.lmp1(alpha)

if cl == 'gt5':
return Colors.gt5(alpha)

4. Finish

The python script converts the car class (from the ui_car.json file) to lowercase and removed the "#". Therefore we use "gt5" in the script and not "GT5". Also is Python very sensitive with the syntax. Don't use the tabulator button for the python code hierarchy. The correct syntax is 4x space button

I hope it helps other users.

And start with a copy of the to editing files as backup !

Last edited:
Hi,Prunn,first of all ,thank you for doing this amazing app for live-broadcasting of AC.
I am from Chinese,so I wonder if is there any possible that ACTV can support the Chinese-name ?
Yes,as same as the other country's Steam users ,we Chinese people all use English nick name in AC.but for the better view in live-broadcasting ,I like to show the real-Chinese-name of players on the player-info UI,located just behind their English-nick-name.
About how to identity people's Chinese-name, I think it maybe can be done with some kind of look-up-table to convert the player's nick-name to Chinese-name ,for example:

Sheepy1977,杨俊
Tom30044,张天炀
***,***

Just put the LUT file somewhere and your app will look at it and show players' Chinese names behind their English-nick-names.
If your app can made these update for us ,it will be so so great news for whole community of Chinese AC players!

Well, at last, with some little help from a coder,I managed to do this by my own,here is the example with some Chinese-name in it:
1581732671674.png

Because nobody could help me and prunn is for a long time offline, I have analyzed the ACTV python scripts self. Everybody who wants change the colors at the ACTV tower for a specific class can do this as follows:

1. Definition Car Class
Assign the car to a class in the file ui_car.json (car ui folder). The responsible keyword in the json file is "tags". The value must start with a "#" followed by the desired class. Here an example line for the class GT5 (only thinked up):

"tags": ["#GT5", "rwd", ........],

2. Definition Class Color
Search for the lines in the classes.py script (ACTV folder)

@staticmethod
def lmp1(a):
return rgb([205, 0, 0], a=a)

@staticmethod
def gt5(a):
return rgb([0, 150, 54], a=a)

The color code (0,150,54) is standard rgb and can find out with Photoshop or other.

3. Mapping Class to Color
Search for the lines in the classes.py script

if cl == 'lmp1':
return Colors.lmp1(alpha)

if cl == 'gt5':
return Colors.gt5(alpha)

4. Finish

The python script converts the car class (from the ui_car.json file) to lowercase and removed the "#". Therefore we use "gt5" in the script and not "GT5". Also is Python very sensitive with the syntax. Don't use the tabulator button for the python code hierarchy. The correct syntax is 4x space button

I hope it helps other users.

And start with a copy of the to editing files as backup !

Hi SuperMario333,

You found exactly how to do something that I was looking for. I tried as you clearly explained to add other classes and personalize the color but after saving the changes in the classes.py file the app completely disappeared from Assetto Corsa. I returned back to defult thanks to the backup but I have no idea what went wrong. Did it happened to you while you were trying?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back