ACTV Competizione

Apps ACTV Competizione 1.2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
OK so that's because I'm in a Chinese computer environment where gbk coding is being used and your APP use the unicode format, any idea to fix? Since the gamers are all around the world

I think you can change this code:
with open(file_path) as data_file

to this :
with open(file_path,encoding='utf-8') as data_file:

However, I can't fix the car number since the py_log give no error

Last edited:
Hi,

Very very good apps.

Under the name of the driver, can you add the brand & model of the car and name & contry of the track. For replay, that would be very good.

example.jpg

Great work! Can you tell me how to specify the classes like LMP1?
it's not out yet.. but, by default it was the main tag

I think you can change this code:
with open(file_path) as data_file

to this :
with open(file_path,encoding='utf-8') as data_file:

However, I can't fix the car number since the py_log give no error

Everything is OK online, but something wrong with offline
thanks I'll try to add it
all AC files should be AINSI, but some mod push utf8 files, even content manager writes utf8 files sometimes that crippled the widgets. I fixed for this mod, but I'm still merging new functionalities to the regular ACTV

the reason it doesn't work offline is the code is there twice, so both open needs that utf8

Edit: could someone send me a skin file that is not opening?

Last edited:
it's not out yet.. but, by default it was the main tag

thanks I'll try to add it
all AC files should be AINSI, but some mod push utf8 files, even content manager writes utf8 files sometimes that crippled the widgets. I fixed for this mod, but I'm still merging new functionalities to the regular ACTV

the reason it doesn't work offline is the code is there twice, so both open needs that utf8

Edit: could someone send me a skin file that is not opening?
I tried to edit the code to make it write a log each time after it read the ui_skin.json. Unfortunately, nothing show up in the log
code like this

driver.car_number = str(data_skin["number"])
Log.w("load car number"+driver.car_number)

Very nice Update / Work on for the ACTV.

I have one request / Question. Would it be possible to make the "no go area" for the Delta smaller so it could fit to the bottom of the screen?

@prunn

but an other Point. This app is at the moment a CPU Killer.

On our Streaming PC we have a 9900K CPU and it can't handle this app.

Test:
33 AI Kunos GT3 Cars on Mosport

1. Without ACTV CP activaded
MainT around 50% FPS locked at 60 all the time

2. With ACTV just activaded in APPs Menu, but no app open in game
MaintT around 85% with problems to hold the FPS at 60 for all the time, some drops.

3. Tower App shown
some more MainT usage and more FPS drops, in some situations below 50FPS

With normal ACTV and the same test case, i get around 70-75% MainT (also not good)

BCast for example has no significant Performance impact.

Maybe this comes from the refresh rate of the ACTV apps. If you use "AC Default" or "like server" you get the 18Hz and this are way to many request for so much data.
If you would reduce this value to 1Hz or 5Hz you are still up to date with the data but safe tons of requests.

We had the same Problem with other apps we used / created and itis also a reason why the AC "F9" Tower also has an significant impact on the performance.

Last edited:
Hi prunn! I have a singular question. I managed from the classes.py file to change the colors and the class names based on my tags on content manager. Everything works wonderfully but there is only one car, that whatever tag I put on it, it shows me always in white, which is the BMW Z4 GT3. Do you have any idea why only that car of the houndreds I have, is not recognised by the tower? I doublechecked everything in the UI and is exactly the same as all the other GT3s. It's driving me mad because everything is correct and I'm reading and reading lines of code to understand where is the problem but I can't find it. Anyway, again, I'm deeply loving the app, thanks a lot!

Hi prunn! I have a singular question. I managed from the classes.py file to change the colors and the class names based on my tags on content manager. Everything works wonderfully but there is only one car, that whatever tag I put on it, it shows me always in white, which is the BMW Z4 GT3. Do you have any idea why only that car of the houndreds I have, is not recognised by the tower? I doublechecked everything in the UI and is exactly the same as all the other GT3s. It's driving me mad because everything is correct and I'm reading and reading lines of code to understand where is the problem but I can't find it. Anyway, again, I'm deeply loving the app, thanks a lot!
most problem occurs when people, without knowing, are saving the .json files with BOM(Byte Order Mark aka utf8-signature). While python loads the files ok, the json decoder crashes when encountering the BOM character, so the file is just skipped. there won't be any need to edit the classes in the next version, everything is going to be in an .ini file (car and driver classes)

prunn updated ACTV Competizione with a new update entry:

Various updates, fixes

Added configurable car/driver classes - rename car_classes.template.ini to car_classes.ini to get started, exemples inside the file
Added weather/track conditions widget
Delta - fixed current lap time / calculated delta for other cars
Delta - import delta from other car (full lap needed, otherwise no button)
Delta - Resize window from row height
Delta - fix incorrect last lap after browsing others
Delta - Timing out background and buttons, annoyance
Delta - fixed finish flag only when driver...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, may i have some more explanation on the new driver & car classes feature? I didn't quite catch what it says in the template
first rename car_classes.template.ini to car_classes.ini, so the template file would get overwritten in future updates but not the active one
[default] is used whenever it's not a multiclass event or no class is found for the car [just a unique identifier for the class] title=title of the class shown in the info widget cars=car folders separated with ',', any of these cars will be in this class drivers=drivers steam id 64 separated with ',', you can find these in /ENTRY of any webserver attached to the AC server bg=background color, any RGB,Aplha colors (0-255 values) txt=text color, any RGB,Aplha colors (0-255 values)
you can create as many entries as you want

Last edited:
Fantastic app, I wonder if it would be possible to show the time of each sector, currently it shows what gets better or worse, but I would like it to show the exact time of each sector.

thanks!

Fantastic app, I wonder if it would be possible to show the time of each sector, currently it shows what gets better or worse, but I would like it to show the exact time of each sector.

thanks!
you already have them, the lap timer freeze for 5-6 seconds on every sector start with the previous sector time

@prunn

but an other Point. This app is at the moment a CPU Killer.

On our Streaming PC we have a 9900K CPU and it can't handle this app.

Test:
33 AI Kunos GT3 Cars on Mosport

1. Without ACTV CP activaded
MainT around 50% FPS locked at 60 all the time

2. With ACTV just activaded in APPs Menu, but no app open in game
MaintT around 85% with problems to hold the FPS at 60 for all the time, some drops.

3. Tower App shown
some more MainT usage and more FPS drops, in some situations below 50FPS

With normal ACTV and the same test case, i get around 70-75% MainT (also not good)

BCast for example has no significant Performance impact.

Maybe this comes from the refresh rate of the ACTV apps. If you use "AC Default" or "like server" you get the 18Hz and this are way to many request for so much data.
If you would reduce this value to 1Hz or 5Hz you are still up to date with the data but safe tons of requests.

We had the same Problem with other apps we used / created and itis also a reason why the AC "F9" Tower also has an significant impact on the performance.

I started checking performance issues, I separated the animations from the data accumulation and it seems the animation rate can slow down the game despite making 0 extra API calls (it's just checking if it needs to make a call) and data rate with all the extra API calls makes little difference (5-6fps, 1ms from 10 to 100 times/sec)

Prunn_ACTV_Competizione_v1101beta.zip

if you guys can test this for sanity check, I added refresh per second to the config widget (sorry they don't hide for testing purposes)
for me optimal values were like
animation: 40 to 60 (slower than that, the animations aren't smooth)
data: 20 to 50 (20 gave me bad final standings when finishing side by side)

thanks

Attachments

• rates1.jpg
    rates1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 103

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back