Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello
This is an awesome tool i really love it however i have couple of questions. When i auto-generate new previews it says showroom was terminated too soon. Also, what does it mean when a parent is missing? Thanks

Hello
This is an awesome tool i really love it however i have couple of questions. When i auto-generate new previews it says showroom was terminated too soon. Also, what does it mean when a parent is missing? Thanks

When the program says "showroom was terminated too soon" usually is because the car's data.acd file is damaged or incomplete. Try right clicking left of the window program and click "test data".

Also one car can have several variants, like Turbo, Evo, Drift, etc, stored on different directories below the original car. When a parent is missing it means the files of that variant directory are missing or damaged and can not be linked to the original car.

Is that possible, the the programm save the config in the same folder like the carsmgr.exe?
I have got on two systems assetto installed and one more at the system of my father.
So i have to manage 3 Assetto's at one system with my Bropbox.

Is there a way to update only one preview image, not all of them for a car.... like I download a skin for the GTR GT3, all other skins are fine, only that one preview is bad... can I update only that single preview? :)

I have a new idea. :)

I would love to be able to search cars in the top-left search box not only by their name but also by their specs.

For example if I type on the search box "+300bhp", all cars with equal or more horse power would appear listed on the left tree.

Or for example if I type "-1000kg", all cars with equal or less weight would appear listed.

Can this be done? For top speed, ratio, weight, horse power, torque, country, class, year, author, etc? And the search results be shown from more to less and less to more.

Also I have noticed some cars use "bhp" and others use "cv". A batch command that could fix this would be helpful too.

Thank you! :)

x4fab updated AcTools Cars Manager with a new update entry:

Some fixes

• Fixed year autoinsert (seriously, one of the most important features was missing because of some stupid typo for so long! by the way, if you don't like it, there is an option to disable it)
    • Fixed cars toggle
    • Custom Showroom: fixed, improved, optimized
Important notice:
I'm going to remake this app using WPF instead of nw.js, with tracks support and everything. Result will be something like this (maybe not so fancy, but much faster,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have got one problem,
if i generate a preview, the rotation, what i set, don't be used.
I'll try to improve the way to rotate camera, but I don't know how to use IDA & stuff and sadly I still can't figure it out. Everything will be much easier if Kunos just fix their acShowroom.exe (looks like it ignores cam pos and rotation from showroom.ini). Maybe somebody has to write bugreport of something, I'm not sure.

I have a new idea. :)

I would love to be able to search cars in the top-left search box not only by their name but also by their specs.

For example if I type on the search box "+300bhp", all cars with equal or more horse power would appear listed on the left tree.

Or for example if I type "-1000kg", all cars with equal or less weight would appear listed.

Can this be done? For top speed, ratio, weight, horse power, torque, country, class, year, author, etc? And the search results be shown from more to less and less to more.

Also I have noticed some cars use "bhp" and others use "cv". A batch command that could fix this would be helpful too.

Thank you! :)
Awesome idea, thank you too! I'll add those filters (for now I'm trying to remake app with WPF, so it will take some time, sorry).

About country, class, year and stuff you can use this filters (btw, if you use right click on fields, there are some options):
  • “country:Italy” – will show only cars from Italy
  • “country:Italy|Germany” or “country:Italy country:Germany” — will show cars from both (also you can use “?" and "*”)
  • “year:2013” – cars from 2013
  • “year:198?” – cars from decade
  • “tag:#A2” – special tag
  • “brand:Alfa?Romeo” – when I wrote this part, I totally forgot about spaces, sorry – so, for now you have to use “?” instead
  • “author:Kunos” — and, of course, filter by author

I only can make automatic previews in this perspective.
teslaperspektive.PNG

I tried to change, but every time like this.
teslaperspektive2.PNG

Hi

I had to go back to 0.3.47 because 0.3.48's jpgs-with-png-inside cars previews were crashing my Assetto Corsa 1.2.4 when browsing the cars.

The game said "Assetto Corsa has crashed" whenever I was browsing cars with the new 0.3.48 jpg-png cars previews. It didn't crash immediately upon opening the game, only after some minutes of browsing cars, so I guess the jpg-png cars previews caused some kind of memory leak or whatever making the game crash.

Once I updated the cars previews with 0.3.47 again, Assetto Corsa stopped crashing when browsing cars.

Just wanted to let you know. :)

Paul

Hi

I had to go back to 0.3.47 because 0.3.48's jpgs-with-png-inside cars previews were crashing my Assetto Corsa 1.2.4 when browsing the cars.

The game said "Assetto Corsa has crashed" whenever I was browsing cars with the new 0.3.48 jpg-png cars previews. It didn't crash immediately upon opening the game, only after some minutes of browsing cars, so I guess the jpg-png cars previews caused some kind of memory leak or whatever making the game crash.

Once I updated the cars previews with 0.3.47 again, Assetto Corsa stopped crashing when browsing cars.

Just wanted to let you know. :)

Paul
Thank you, this is really weird. I thought default launcher is basically just a web-browser (like Cars Manager currently), isn't it?

Thank you, this is really weird. I thought default launcher is basically just a web-browser (like Cars Manager currently), isn't it?

Yes, it is.

It worked OK for some minutes before crashing so, could it be the PNG compression options used? Maybe Assetto Corsa's launcher/browser is very picky with image files. I should have monitorized RAM usage while browsing JPG-PNG cars previews to see if usage was too high or abnormal.

Anyway, I'm taking a look at Ardfry PNGOUTWin program and it seems the final PNG is customizable.

jk3650I.png

Also there is a command line free version called PNGOUT http://advsys.net/ken/util/pngout.htm which could be useful in the future for your new program. After all PNG is way better than JPEG.

:)

Yes, it is.

It worked OK for some minutes before crashing so, could it be the PNG compression options used? Maybe Assetto Corsa's launcher/browser is very picky with image files. I should have monitorized RAM usage while browsing JPG-PNG cars previews to see if usage was too high or abnormal.

Anyway, I'm taking a look at Ardfry PNGOUTWin program and it seems the final PNG is customizable.

jk3650I.png

Also there is a command line free version called PNGOUT http://advsys.net/ken/util/pngout.htm which could be useful in the future for your new program. After all PNG is way better than JPEG.

:)
Actually, for this task JPEG with 95% quality would be more than enough, but Windows has some weird bug and just can't save JPEG with some quality. Modern UI, social networks, Cortana — but no, nobody wants just to fix bugs!

I've tried to use ImageMagick, but this monstrosity weighs 15 megabytes. So for now I'm looking for a better solution (maybe even encode JPEGs manually, but only as a last resort), PNG is temporary.

Also, I'd recommend Cygwin, it has its own ImageMagick and allows to do, for example, this:
Code:
# just converts every preview.jpg from whatever format they are right now to proper JPEG with defined quality
for n in skins/*/preview.jpg; do convert -quality 95 $n $n; done

Actually, for this task JPEG with 95% quality would be more than enough, but Windows has some weird bug and just can't save JPEG with some quality. Modern UI, social networks, Cortana — but no, nobody wants just to fix bugs!

I've tried to use ImageMagick, but this monstrosity weighs 15 megabytes. So for now I'm looking for a better solution (maybe even encode JPEGs manually, but only as a last resort), PNG is temporary.

Also, I'd recommend Cygwin, it has its own ImageMagick and allows to do, for example, this:
Code:
# just converts every preview.jpg from whatever format they are right now to proper JPEG with defined quality
for n in skins/*/preview.jpg; do convert -quality 95 $n $n; done

Cool.

Have you talked to https://twitter.com/KunosStefano ? He may help you to "hack" the AC showroom. :)

Let him know about your program, if you haven't already.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back