Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm getting this error when I try to update the car shadows, plus, the program deletes all shadows .png files.

Cannot update shadows.

Direct3D11Exception: Unknown: n/a (-2005270483)
em SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
em SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
em SlimDX.Direct3D11.Device.Initialize(Adapter adapter, DriverType driverType, DeviceCreationFlags flags, D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL* featureLevels, Int32 count)
em SlimDX.Direct3D11.Device..ctor(DriverType driverType, DeviceCreationFlags flags, FeatureLevel[] featureLevels)
em AcTools.Kn5Render.Render.DxInitDevice()
em AcTools.Kn5Render.Render..ctor(String filename, Int32 skinNumber, VisualMode mode)
em AcTools.Utils.Kn5RenderWrapper.UpdateAmbientShadows(String carDir)
at Error (native)
at Function.ctor.(anonymous function) (C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\nw4732_13631\node_modules\clr\lib\clr.js:192:32)
at MenuItem.menu.append.gui.MenuItem.click (file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw4732_13631/main.js:8326:39)
at MenuItem.handleEvent (menuitem.js:200:12)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:786:26)

I'm getting this error when I try to update the car shadows, plus, the program deletes all shadows .png files.

Cannot update shadows.

Direct3D11Exception: Unknown: n/a (-2005270483)
em SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
em SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
em SlimDX.Direct3D11.Device.Initialize(Adapter adapter, DriverType driverType, DeviceCreationFlags flags, D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL* featureLevels, Int32 count)
em SlimDX.Direct3D11.Device..ctor(DriverType driverType, DeviceCreationFlags flags, FeatureLevel[] featureLevels)
em AcTools.Kn5Render.Render.DxInitDevice()
em AcTools.Kn5Render.Render..ctor(String filename, Int32 skinNumber, VisualMode mode)
em AcTools.Utils.Kn5RenderWrapper.UpdateAmbientShadows(String carDir)
at Error (native)
at Function.ctor.(anonymous function) (C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\nw4732_13631\node_modules\clr\lib\clr.js:192:32)
at MenuItem.menu.append.gui.MenuItem.click (file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw4732_13631/main.js:8326:39)
at MenuItem.handleEvent (menuitem.js:200:12)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:786:26)
Sorry about this. App deletes files to recycle bin, I hope you didn't disable it. Does your PC support DX11 & stuff? In that case maybe something's wrong with selected anti-aliasing mode, I'll make it more flexible.

Sorry about it. App should warn you if the selected showroom is missing, so the problem has to be somewhere else. It's not the auto-update feature, just showroom, right? Which version do you have? What happens if you try to launch acShowroom.exe from AC root folder?

I'm running AC 1.1.6 and when i try to launch acShowroom.exe from AC root folder I'm having the same problem (black screen and unable to go back to desktop. Even CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work... ?

Good to know, thanks. Yes I believe it supports DX11 just fine, It's a GTX570 and Win 8.1. I have no idea what's going on >.<
Please, switch to beta branch, install update and tell me if the problem is solved. If auto-update suddenly won't work, use this.

I'm running AC 1.1.6 and when i try to launch acShowroom.exe from AC root folder I'm having the same problem (black screen and unable to go back to desktop. Even CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work... ?
Hmm… I have no idea what is wrong. What if you open Showroom from the game and then try to launch acShowroom.exe?

Please, switch to beta branch, install update and tell me if the problem is solved. If auto-update suddenly won't work, use this.

Worked :) thx, but it generates the tyre shadow a bit smaller than it should... needs just some more tweaking :) Anyway, it's a another nice feature to this amazing tool. Thanks for your work :D

Worked :) thx, but it generates the tyre shadow a bit smaller than it should... needs just some more tweaking :) Anyway, it's a another nice feature to this amazing tool. Thanks for your work :D
Yes, I couldn't find where game takes right size so I've set it approximate. But it works fine almost with every car I tested, including Kunos ones. On the other hand, generated shadows are smoother, but, imho, this way is better. Original shadows look too much as blurred rectangle.

But I can make it optional or something, if you need.

And, by the way, body shadows sometimes could be really messy. I use some weird algorithms to blur them properly, and with some models it just doesn't work. You'll have to use some image editor or something like this is such cases. If there are could be no errors, Kunos could just generate those shadows at loading (it's really fast process, all you need is just load model and draw only one frame) and don't use all those png-files at all.

I'm glad to help, thank you for the feedback. :)

hi I have a problem I do not update the preview of the car and I check this window:

Cattura.PNG

Hi, dou you know how I can make the car look a little bit more glossy, like in the right picture and not so matt and dark, like the left one?
There was a time where mine looked like the right one, but know they all look like the left one.
I tried different filters but that didn't help.

Edit:
Found the problem ^^
But they still look too dark, did you change the light?

and if I'm already asking, is it normal that there's no + and - button for the light?

Last edited:
Hi, dou you know how I can make the car look a little bit more glossy, like in the right picture and not so matt and dark, like the left one?
There was a time where mine looked like the right one, but know they all look like the left one.
I tried different filters but that didn't help.

Edit:
Found the problem ^^
But they still look too dark, did you change the light?

and if I'm already asking, is it normal that there's no + and - button for the light?
Most likely best solution here is to create a new filter and increase “BRIGHTNESS” (and also make colors more warm). Maybe I'll try to do something like that.

> and if I'm already asking, is it normal that there's no + and - button for the light?
Of course, it's because there is the “LOCK_SUN=1” property in settings.ini of Studio Black Showroom.

Now I have the problem, that I started a practice session and it worked all perfect, but when I try to start AC over steam or the .exe it still loads always the car / track combination which I choose for the practice and I can't enter the normal AC Menu, it always starts with the car / track combination in practice mod.

Any idea how I can start AC in the normal mod, so that I see the menu and all that stuff?

Now I have the problem, that I started a practice session and it worked all perfect, but when I try to start AC over steam or the .exe it still loads always the car / track combination which I choose for the practice and I can't enter the normal AC Menu, it always starts with the car / track combination in practice mod.

Any idea how I can start AC in the normal mod, so that I see the menu and all that stuff?
Problem quite possibly could be solved if you just try to start another practice session from the app. But if it won't help, please, open the root AC directory and check if there are files like AssettoCorsa.exe~at_bak or AssettoCorsa.exe~at_bak_[numbers] and rename the biggest one to AssettoCorsa.exe. If there is no such file, I'll send it to you, or you can just start game files check from Steam.

The fact is that acs.exe (game itself) works only if it was started from process named AssettoCorsa.exe (as far as I understand), so I temporary replacing original launcher with very small app, which launch the game. Looks like not so temporary. Sorry, I hope I'll find another solution.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back