Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
got it to work, but now livery and preview even after it does something and shows the previews, nothing happens...??
also update liveries, no matter which option, nothing happens.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 294
yeah I know, thx for info I do follow his WP site/ blog (or check there) but thought thought maybe some support, no matter what I do, the pictures look horrible quality, but I did get it to work myself, started digging into "ini" files and sdk & dev stuff.
would be nice to support his user base, since I think he makes better stuff than others by lightyears.
good luck to him with CM and hopefully there might be an update of CARMGR.

got it to work, but now livery and preview even after it does something and shows the previews, nothing happens...??
also update liveries, no matter which option, nothing happens.
Just for in case, are you sure app has an access to write to Assetto Corsa directory?

I am trying to figure out where to put my KEY in the app. Any help would be appreciated.
Press here. Sorry for poor UI.

is there still any support for this or is the AC Manager written off?
I'd like to support it, but a whole concept of this app isn't very good to work with Windows, so it could be very, very buggy and at the same time difficult to debug for me.

good luck to him with CM and hopefully there might be an update of CARMGR.
I hope soon I'll finish moving all important Cars Manager stuff to Content Manager, make Content/Cars section available from a start (without app key) and then will be able to finish with Cars Manager for good. :)

Also, sorry, I'd like to clarify just for in case — you totally don't have to pay anything for Content Manager. You could pay only for getting alpha-access to some unfinished and pretty untested parts which are still deeply WIP. But there are a lot of other functions: for example, Quick Drive section or Custom Showroom have a lot to offer (and they're totally free).

Of course, it's weird that app is called Content Manager and at the same time doesn't include content managing out of the box — again, I'm deeply sorry. But I can't dealing with renaming it again and again. It may sound stupid, but there are A LOT of stuff under the hood for making content managing parts works (lazy async loading, skins management, layouts support, files watching and auto-reloading, etc), so although those parts are pretty much ready, things about UI, tools, errors solving still require quite a lot of work.

Hi, I noticed one thing using showrooms, I think the app made an AC logo in the bottom right of the picture appear. I'm using 'Previews Showroom' in the auto-previews settings, basically leaving it at default. It occurs on all showrooms, both through the game itself and the app.
Does it happen to you as well? Is there any way to remove it?
Also, light buttons (the one with + and - in the bar at the bottom) disappeared on certain showrooms (Beach, Hangar, Industrial) ...

Last edited:
Hi, I noticed one thing using showrooms, I think the app made an AC logo in the bottom right of the picture appear. I'm using 'Previews Showroom' in the auto-previews settings, basically leaving it at default. It occurs on all showrooms, both through the game itself and the app.
Also, light buttons (the one with + and - in the bar at the bottom) disappeared on certain showrooms (Beach, Hangar, Industrial) ...

The AC logo has always been there. It should however not appear while updating previews. As for the light buttons, that's perfectly normal as well.
This app is merely an interface / launcher. It won't interfere with anything in game.

The AC logo has always been there. It should however not appear while updating previews. As for the light buttons, that's perfectly normal as well.
This app is merely an interface / launcher. It won't interfere with anything in game.

I see, I wonder has it always been there since early access? I bought the game on v1.0, so I can't remember rigtht now if it has or not, tbh...

Just replace content\gui\logo_ac_app.png with a transparent image (this one, for example) and watermark will be removed.

(Also, Content Manager has a special option for disabling watermark automatically.)

About + and − buttons, it’s because of LIGHT/LOCK_SUN=1 in settings.ini. If I recall correctly, if you disable LOCK_SUN (by changing “1" to "0”), custom SUN_DIRECTION won’t work anymore. But Kunos might have fixed it.

I've got some suggestions for x4fab: could you please find a way to implementing modifying of UI skin files directly from the app and a way to manage one skin at once even when generating the whole bunch through the auto-update previews option (I mean, e.g. I've got 24 skin previews and I want to leave say 3 unmodified, can you sort a way to leave those 3 and still create previews to the other 21?) ?

Just wanted to remind you about that :) I think it'd be a huge time saver.
Also, if the app used its own video.ini settings instead of having to change the ones in-game everytime to make good-looking previews would be awesome.

Please, share log.txt from “…/Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs”. :)

I think the interesting part is this

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\carmodel.cpp (578): CarModel::getKeyobardCommands
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\carmodel.cpp (303): CarModel::update
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (261): Game::update
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\acshowroom.cpp (205): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 749D38F4)
749D38F4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 77A75DE3)
77A75DE3 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 77A75DAE)
77A75DAE (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUnicodeStringToInteger

Just wanted to remind you about that :) I think it'd be a huge time saver.
Also, if the app used its own video.ini settings instead of having to change the ones in-game everytime to make good-looking previews would be awesome.
Please, switch to Content Manager, it has built-in skin manager and video presets (also, for previews only there are several special options like temporary highest settings or 4K-resolution for best antialiasing). Never mind all that lite/full stuff, almost all of its features are available in lite version (I move features from full to lite as soon as I finish them).

I think the interesting part is this

CRASH in:
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\carmodel.cpp (578): CarModel::getKeyobardCommands
Whoa, that's something new. I guess it’s a non-standart car? What is it?

Tried it again with the Alfa Romeo Mito QV

CRASH in:

Please, switch to Content Manager, it has built-in skin manager and video presets (also, for previews only there are several special options like temporary highest settings or 4K-resolution for best antialiasing). Never mind all that lite/full stuff, almost all of its features are available in lite version (I move features from full to lite as soon as I finish them).

Cool, it has tons of options, thanks! Is it normal that when the preview is being generated is shown hugely zoomed in? I don't really mind about it, since it's only a demonstrative thing and previews come out really fine, but I wondered if that was a bug or something similar. Quality is quite good for being zoomed in though. ;)
Well I hope you'll sort something in order to implement that feature I was speaking in my previous post, as I said it will save a big amount of time when dealing, for ex. with vanilla cars with only a few custom skins.

Cool, it has tons of options, thanks! Is it normal that when the preview is being generated is shown hugely zoomed in? I don't really mind about it, since it's only a demonstrative thing and previews come out really fine, but I wondered if that was a bug or something similar. Quality is quite good for being zoomed in though. ;)
Well I hope you'll sort something in order to implement that feature I was speaking in my previous post, as I said it will save a big amount of time when dealing, for ex. with vanilla cars with only a few custom skins.
CM by default makes previews from 4K-shots — this way antialiasing is almost perfect:

Awful no-4K-made preview, pixels and crap: :)
Vl765vU.png

Smoothest 4K-made preview, perfect lines and details:
YrHr6ej.png

To make 4K-shot, CM temporary disables fullscreen mode and enables 3840×2160 resolution, that’s why it looks zoomed in. :)

About another feature, do you mean updating only several previews at the time? I’ll add some proper solution, but for now you can try to remove old previews — CM will report about the issue and offer to fix everything at once.

dxdf50K.png

Exactly that, thanks. So, better zoomed in all the way! :)

Well yes, something like it, when for example you have only 3-4 previews to update in a Kunos car that has almost two dozens of skins, it's kind of annoying moving all previews from vanilla skins to the trash bin to make CM display only the ones to update (the ultimate goal in this is to make sure that vanilla ones aren't updated), you know what I mean? :unsure:
Luckily cars like Ford Sierra Cosworth (especially the gr. A version which has nearly 100 skins) are modded cars, if it were vanilla and having to update only a couple of skins, my reaction would be for sure like this:

9694b3de5392b34342cc46554f63f06b9bc69357217554b47187334a2108c87e.jpg

Anyway I somehow see the previews generated by CM brighter than the ones done through ATCM and I like it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%