Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
With the first method the result using the automatic resize is, as you stated, awful, but without the automatic resize is quite decent.
Thanks for the guide!

You must copy \assettocorsa\sdk\dev\ksPreviewBuilder\dev\showroom_start.ini to your Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg, and replace the existing file (this contains the camera position). Anyway, you can already do them as you used to on AcTools CM if you follow the instructions on the previous page.

Btw, meanwhile it was announced in the official forum that the Kunos tool will be fixed to generate higher quality files in the next hotfix. All thing's good.

Thanks for the quick update! I found it strange that default settings were still pointing to AT-Previews Special instead of the new supplied S1-Showroom.ini, but except for 2 extra blank lines, checksums will match on both files.

Edit: Meanwhile, ksPreviewBuilder.exe has been updated to enhance jpg quality.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick update! I found it strange that default settings were still pointing to AT-Previews Special instead of the new supplied S1-Showroom.ini, but except for 2 extra blank lines, checksums will match on both files.
Oh, right, I used old name, but changed content of that file. Who knows for sure what changes to S1-Showroom.ini Kunos will make later (I mean, they can rename or remove it at all, for example). :)

Btw, I've noticed that previews generated in the current kunos tool have some differences from the AcTool CM ones other than horizontal resolution.
AcTool generated previews look much sharper. At first I thought it was due to jpg quality, as filesizes end a bit bigger, but by comparing two images the difference seems in chroma aberration. I'll leave two images where this becomes noticeable:

If you look at the front spoiler, the second preview_ks.jpg has a blue haze to the right, and orange to the left, looking more blurred overall. Could AcTools be missing some pp settings, or it's just the kunos tool forcing stuff it shouldn't? Thanks!

Hello there! Since i updated Assetto Corsa to 1.5, i've noticed that AcTools Cars Manager wasn't working correctly. When I open the program, the icon appears in the bottom bar as if it was working as usual, but nothing else appears in the desktop. Could it be some kind of incompability with this new update? Thanks

Btw, I've noticed that previews generated in the current kunos tool have some differences from the AcTool CM ones other than horizontal resolution.
AcTool generated previews look much sharper. At first I thought it was due to jpg quality, as filesizes end a bit bigger, but by comparing two images the difference seems in chroma aberration. I'll leave two images where this becomes noticeable:

If you look at the front spoiler, the second preview_ks.jpg has a blue haze to the right, and orange to the left, looking more blurred overall. Could AcTools be missing some pp settings, or it's just the kunos tool forcing stuff it shouldn't? Thanks!
Hmm, what if you try to switch PP-filter to S1-Previews? Maybe Kunos changes something.

lhyuFFy.jpg

rppyiAG.jpg

Hello there! Since i updated Assetto Corsa to 1.5, i've noticed that AcTools Cars Manager wasn't working correctly. When I open the program, the icon appears in the bottom bar as if it was working as usual, but nothing else appears in the desktop. Could it be some kind of incompability with this new update? Thanks
Try this version, please.

If I generate a preview under AcTools either with S1-Previews or AT-Previews Special, the generated jpgs will be equal down to checksum, as the filter file is exactly the same.

That particular M4 preview was made under their previous software (you can tell it for being a 1024x575 file, not 1022x575 and much sharper), so it's normal that it doesn't match 100%, as there's no guarantee that the supplied sdk files are the same as they used before (you can spot different reflections on the door around "Performance"). Please compare instead with a white LaFerrari (14_bianco_avus_r), were the current preview seems exactly as generated on their sdk tool, and chromatic aberration can easily be seen in the front spoiler along with a certain "soft focus" that blurs the image.

I just find it weird that both programs use the same showroom room and PP files, but the end result is different. Could it be also related to showroom_start.ini parameters? Your previews look better, though :)

Edit: Oh and btw, they must have made these recent previews with a 3D WIP model. Shading looks different in seats, and a Ferrari logo on the headrest has been added.

Edit2: I think I've finally found the problem, and it's on the Kunos tool side. It simply fails to apply the filter, so it reverts to default.ini.

Last edited:
Thanks, but with this version a blank window appears for 1 second and then disappears, and then the same happens, nothing on the desktop and the icon on the bottom bar. I tried them all but only the 0.1 seems to work now. I've been using your tool for some time and never had nothing like this. Either way, fantastic work and thanks for the reply!

Hi! I have a problem with reflections, my when i click to update preview, those have no reflections at all... any ideas?
fghf.png

I am using regular showroom mode, studio black showroom, and AT-previews special filter

Before generating previews, you should set highest graphic settings in-game or swap another video.ini file (see bellow). For that matter, you must enable post processing, and max reflection settings. Also, if you want to match the current v1.5/1.6, the correct showroom is the recommended option the the latest AcTools, or "previews", because the older "studio black showroom" will generate different reflections (lightsource). AT-Previews Special or S1-Showroom should be selected as PP.

In documents\assetto corsa\cfg, please backup your current video.ini, and copy/rename the attached video_previews_4k.ini over. Then after doing your business, copy back your original video.ini file. The attached file will cause the showroom to render a high quality screenshot 4K file with max in-game settings and forced 8X AA before resizing, no matter the native resolution of your monitor (it'll look zoomed when the cap is taken, don't worry about that).

Edit: For ksPreviewBuilder the same applies, just place the attached preview_video.ini in documents\assetto corsa\cfg and ensure you have the S1-Showroom filter correctly installed.

Attachments

• video_previews_4K.ini
    713 bytes · Views: 412
  • preview_video.ini
    717 bytes · Views: 438
Last edited:
If I generate a preview under AcTools either with S1-Previews or AT-Previews Special, the generated jpgs will be equal down to checksum, as the filter file is exactly the same.

That particular M4 preview was made under their previous software (you can tell it for being a 1024x575 file, not 1022x575 and much sharper), so it's normal that it doesn't match 100%, as there's no guarantee that the supplied sdk files are the same as they used before (you can spot different reflections on the door around "Performance"). Please compare instead with a white LaFerrari (14_bianco_avus_r), were the current preview seems exactly as generated on their sdk tool, and chromatic aberration can easily be seen in the front spoiler along with a certain "soft focus" that blurs the image.

I just find it weird that both programs use the same showroom room and PP files, but the end result is different. Could it be also related to showroom_start.ini parameters? Your previews look better, though :)

Edit: Oh and btw, they must have made these recent previews with a 3D WIP model. Shading looks different in seats, and a Ferrari logo on the headrest has been added.

Edit2: I think I've finally found the problem, and it's on the Kunos tool side. It simply fails to apply the filter, so it reverts to default.ini.
Oh, right, how didn't I see it right away, PP filter wasn't applied (preview has a bit colder color, I had the same problem while working on Content Manager Auto-Update Previews part). Glad the problem is solved now. :)

Thanks, but with this version a blank window appears for 1 second and then disappears, and then the same happens, nothing on the desktop and the icon on the bottom bar. I tried them all but only the 0.1 seems to work now. I've been using your tool for some time and never had nothing like this. Either way, fantastic work and thanks for the reply!
Hmm, I very sorry to say this, but I have no idea how to fix it. That NW.js approach I used is very unstable sometimes, that's why I moved to using only native C#+WPF.

Before generating previews, you should set highest graphic settings in-game or swap another video.ini file (see bellow). For that matter, you must enable post processing, and max reflection settings. Also, if you want to match the current v1.5, the correct showroom is the recommended option the the latest AcTools, or "previews", because the older studio black showroom will generate different reflections (lightsource).

In documents\assetto corsa\cfg, please backup your current video.ini, and copy/rename the attached video_previews_4k.ini over. Then after doing your business, copy back your original video.ini file. The attached file will cause the showroom to render a high quality screenshot 4K file with max in-game settings and forced 8X AA before resizing, no matter the native resolution of your monitor (it'll look zoomed when the cap is taken, don't worry about that).
Thanks! it worked

i have a problem with making skin previews. when i go to auto-generate new previews it says "Please, install special showroom ("previews") first." what do i do? i do not understand

Just copy \assettocorsa\sdk\dev\ksPreviewBuilder\dev\previews folder to assettocorsa\content\showroom\previews.

Btw, in 1.5.7 all previews were redone using the default filter (instead of S1-Showroom) and in 1022x575 (1:1 reduction) as their tool exports.

02/05/16 Edit: Given later feedback by a dev in the official ksPreviewBuilder thread, Kunos previews should revert back to S1-Showroom in a future update, the use of default filter seems to have been a small mistake (S1-Showroom placed in documents ppfilters instead of main game folder, so their app wasn't calling it).

Last edited:
Just copy \assettocorsa\sdk\dev\ksPreviewBuilder\dev\previews folder to assettocorsa\content\showroom\previews.

Btw, in 1.5.7 all previews were redone using the default filter (instead of S1-Showroom) and in 1022x575 (1:1 reduction) as their tool exports.
Hmm, thanks, I hope I'll be able to update it later (sadly, that size was hardcoded into AcTools.dll and newer versions of this library are incompatible with Cars Manager, so my only hope is some binary editor).

But at least here is a new version of that console tool:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GfX1zRa8pObjNqSXlSLUlUWDA/view?usp=drivesdk

Now it automatically sets proper video settings (with restoring at the end, of course), uses 3840×2160 resolution and ImageMagick for the best output quality.

Before:
w9RWfod.png

After:
Sraj07P.png

The only problem is that if it would crash, user will have to restore video.ini from video.bak.ini manually.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back