Acti & Motec instal problem

Hi , I'm pretty conversant with Motec telemetry analysis after running it with GTR/GTR2, race07 etc over many years. Recently purchased AC and thought, great Motec can run alongside once installed the acti app. Also have had sidekick installed and running ok..

So this is the conundrum which has me tearing my hair out at present.
I've followed the instal guide to the letter for acti & motec instal ; several times now!

I type in the acti file location (C:\Users\Steve\Documents\acti\acti.exe) within the ACTI control in game session and enable auto launch etc

I exit the AC session reload and then, chose car track, start and during the race load screen I get this warning flag up from windows.

Windows cannot find C:\Users Steve\Documents \acti\acti.exe.
Make sure you typed the name correctly,and try again.

unzipping and placement of the file directories is correct after checking. see attached file directory images

really at a loss why others have this running ok and im not? I run on Win7
file 1.jpg
file 2.jpg

any help would be great

thanks for the reply, alas sorry to say thats just my typing here. I didn't cut n paste the file directory but typed.. wrongly

I found an oddity late last night. When I looked at the Config file for the acti file location it read as this.
Putting in a T T as a subscript format as below.
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 12.12.38.png

Ive never seen this before? So the path I had typed into the the act ctrl trigger was correct but the actual config file had this anomaly. I opened up the config file in notepad, edited it by deleting the TT subscript text. Acti now and records ok.Green traffic lights saying connected recording etc... But. . . .

Next problem, when I open up Motec I get a 'stop error flag' in windows, " do you wish to run this script ( 'error 50' i think it was .. ( getting a screen grab is difficult as it resides behind the Motec opening Logo)

Then Ive tried selecting the act recorded file, select open with program 'Motec' and Im simply not seeing any data on screen within Motec, just blank template?

Rather frustrating as I know Motec inside out too analyse recorded data and is an invaluable tool for setup control.

In case you haven't done so yet, make sure you edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\acti\config.ini" and enter the path to acti.exe there again manually using Notepad. The only possibility that occurs to me right now is that somehow the in-game configuration wizard introduced some invalid, possibly even invisible characters on that path.

In case you haven't done so yet, make sure you edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\acti\config.ini" and enter the path to acti.exe there again manually using Notepad. The only possibility that occurs to me right now is that somehow the in-game configuration wizard introduced some invalid, possibly even invisible characters on that path.
you've hit the spot exactly. It had entered some odd characters ( subscript TT) as highlighted above, as this..
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 12.12.38.png

Problem now is getting MOTec to run without the script error and displaying recorded data

Which version of MoTeC are you running? The one included with the plugin is a bit too old, so I decided to download the latest version which is i2 Pro V1.1.4.0421 (64Bit) and it works flawlessly. You can get it from the official site under "Data Analysis" here:

https://www.motec.com.au/software/latestreleases/

You'll also have to ignore the instructions in the plugin to create a new project, just create what's now called a new workspace in MoTeC. Let me know if you get stuck or have any further questions.

Reactions: VRY
Cheers Gluon.. that might be the issue right there regarding the Motec. Yep defo' old version and wondering if its a 32bit piece of software too with the later version being 64bit OS. Ill download that link and give it a go tonight.. many thanks. will let you know

Which version of MoTeC are you running? The one included with the plugin is a bit too old, so I decided to download the latest version which is i2 Pro V1.1.4.0421 (64Bit) and it works flawlessly. You can get it from the official site under "Data Analysis" here:

https://www.motec.com.au/software/latestreleases/

You'll also have to ignore the instructions in the plugin to create a new project, just create what's now called a new workspace in MoTeC. Let me know if you get stuck or have any further questions.

Boom.. spot on mate.. downloaded the 64bit version you kindly linked too and Bing Bong all good to go!

many thanks much appreciated,

now just have to get my head back into analysing graphs after a few years away from racing

again thank you

Reactions: VRY

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%