ACT Labs box problem.

Hey i am new here and
I bought the act labs H shifter and it won't calibrate right.
So the shifter is only stuck on the button 3 and won't shift.
so i assign gear 1 and it's fine. It won't even do 2 which is at the bottom. So I try 3 and it replaces 1 because it sees it as a joy button which is 3.
Any ideas???
Or did this happen to you? It is brand new and so is the adapter
The shifter move i just mean it's not detecting the joy button/axis it only pick up joy button 3.
So i need help with this or is it a bad shifter? if so i will get replacement
I got this to have something other then the Logtiech g27 setup

My ACT Labs box had two dummy plugs that you use in the other two connectors when you are using the shifter - I assume that you are using those in the wheel and pedals connections? It's about 4 years since I was using mine but, is there any software to download from the ACT Labs site or does it work straight out of the box.

Upvote 0
After you posted this i put the shifter in the wheel spot and then the bottom axis worked but i only have the shifter real cable so it's more likely this box or they expect you to get their wheel which it says this work with any wheel.
here some pics

j7sp4z.jpg

see it in 7th gear
2a9b6s2.jpg

2lbcowo.jpg

and it shows joy button 3 now when plugged into wheel this is what i get

ok plugged into wheel spot

n1ozfo.jpg

now going to 4th gear

fcmgb7.jpg

and this is what i get the bottom axis

990w7l.jpg

and i get 11 and 15 so what is going on here. Bad box or still possible the shifter can be?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have mine plugged into the "Shifter" option on the box. The "buttons" won't necessarily correspond to the gears so that's not an issue. Each gear just needs to be a unique button (i.e. it's only a problem if two gear "spots" report the same "button" in the control panel).

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years