Acopone Raceway

Tracks Acopone Raceway 0.9.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
doublezero submitted a new resource:

Acopone Raceway - Fictional FIA Grade 3 track made in 3ds Max.

View attachment 454299
  • Length 4.31km/2.68mi
  • Width 10-15m/33-49ft
  • Elevation change: 15m/49ft
Features
  • 28 grid/pit spots
  • Separate road mesh
  • Dynamic racing groove
  • Working AI + hints
  • Working startlights
  • Custom track map + alternatives
  • TV cameras (3 sets)
  • Reverb areas
  • DRS is disabled
  • KSLAYERS (less objects at lower details settings)
To do
  • Alternate layouts
  • Some...

Read more about this resource...

adding to my review, the only thing that immediately caught my eyes were the trees, I think something is not ideal with its normals. Another point is the 3D grass, which at least with my graphics settings produces artefact-like visuals at certain parts of the track:
1.jpg

many of the wall elements could profit from some careful chamfering, and overall it's very "clean".. but those are details, very nice work :thumbsup:

adding to my review, the only thing that immediately caught my eyes were the trees, I think something is not ideal with its normals. Another point is the 3D grass, which at least with my graphics settings produces artefact-like visuals at certain parts of the track:View attachment 454340

many of the wall elements could profit from some careful chamfering, and overall it's very "clean".. but those are details, very nice work :thumbsup:

What GPU do you have and what AA/AF settings do you use? Does enabling FXAA or MSAA fixes it?
Alternatively, you can remove all 3dgrass entrys inside models_main.ini file.

What GPU do you have and what AA/AF settings do you use? Does enabling FXAA or MSAA fixes it?
Alternatively, you can remove all 3dgrass entrys inside models_main.ini file.
RX580, 4x AA / 16x AF. But I think this may be something about the textures mip map, specifically how the alpha channel got compressed.

RX580, 4x AA / 16x AF. But I think this may be something about the textures mip map, specifically how the alpha channel got compressed.
Strange, I have the same GPU and the only way I can sort of replicate this, is by turning off all AA/AF. I think the problem is in the GIMP DDS plugin I'm using. It generates too many mipmaps and there is no option to change it. I'm gonna try manually editing mipmaps on grass and see how it looks.

Last edited:
Strange, I have the same GPU and the only way I can sort of replicate this, is by turning off all AA/AF. I think the problem is in the GIMP DDS plugin I'm using. It generates too many mipmaps and there is no option to change it. I'm gonna try manually editing mipmaps on grass and see how it looks.
That's weird, I also use Gimp and I could make it not create MIP maps at all. One of the Devs once posted we should not bother with MIP maps in the textures if we're not trying something special with them.

I've got CSP too with all sorts of options turned on, maybe some thing in there affects this too.

That's weird, I also use Gimp and I could make it not create MIP maps at all. One of the Devs once posted we should not bother with MIP maps in the textures if we're not trying something special with them.

I've got CSP too with all sorts of options turned on, maybe some thing in there affects this too.
Yes I can turn them off completely, but can't choose the amount like you could do in Photoshop. I thought saving without mipmaps would be bad for performance. Kunos 3d grass texture also has 4 mimpmaps, but Gimp dds plugin generates 9!
I forgot to ask, what's wrong with trees? You mentioned something about normals, can you post a screenshot? I would laso like to know, how the white lines on the road look? Are they too blurry or acceptable?

Last edited:
doublezero updated Acopone Raceway with a new update entry:

0.9.2 Update

0.9.2 Change log:

• Added CSP support (GrassFX, RainFX, Night lighting, VAO)
  • Added Geotags for better Sol compatibility
  • Added Media/Visitor center building
  • Added Club layout
  • Added skid marks
  • Tweaked start lights and added pit exit lights
  • Tweaked shaders and brightness on some textures
  • Tweaked mipmaps on some textures that use alphatest
  • Fixed holes and broken normals in various meshes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing