Cars ACFL selling CTDP conversion legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t find much information about this. But this doesn’t seem right (to me).

<mod edit: links removed>

Especially since the original is FREE.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 223075

Don't waste your time with their shitty mods. You can find better for lower price / free.

Don't waste your time with their shitty mods. You can find better for lower price / free.
Wasn’t planning on doing so. Just a question about the legality and a possible heads up if there are former CTDP members here. They managed to decrease the original rfactor 1 quality.

Originally ASR were to convert the pack, but there was some kind of problem from what I read on Facebook. I only know the ASR side tho.

you don't like frenchies ?

your sentence is not very clever

merci beaucoup
... He doesn't like the ACFL guys who are French and which are already known for ignoring copyright and common courtesy. Wasn't it them who deleted all their mods after we adviced them to change their business model? Not because of us but Formula One lawyers.

Selling content with copyrighted logos without permission is a no-go .
But i highly doubt that those frenchies care about those copyrights.
you don't like frenchies ?
your sentence is not very clever
It was related to ACFL, therefore 'those', and i do not have any problems with Frenchmen in general or any other nationalities!
It is easy to misread my comment if somebody want to do so!

I've not come across any permissions granted by the team for such a case. I'll query it internally.
I can't find their post on the ASR Facebook page anymore, but basically it said that CTDP team had given them rights to convert the F1 2006 mod to AC, but then the rights were taken from them for some reason and given to ACFL instead, There was a lot of whining about that fact. Me personally would have liked a conversion done by ASR, they do good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%