Resource icon

Misc ACE 2014 - AI Challenge Enhancer 1.40

Login or Register an account to download this content
RowingAce submitted a new resource:

ACE 2014 - AI Challenge Enhancer - Improved Driving Experience in Races against the AI

Welcome to ACE 2014 - The F1 2014 "AI Challenge Enhancer"!

Features:

- Adjusted AI Team & Driver Performances (on track & fast forward) to match 2014 Season

T1 - Mercedes, RedBull, Williams
T2 - Ferrari, McLaren, Force India, Toro Rosso
T3 - Lotus, Sauber
T4 - Caterham, Marussia

- Adjusted Player Car Performance to match simulated Quali times in dry conditions

- Reworked ai_vehicle_track & ai_track files to match AI-on-track Performance to player's...

Read more about this resource...

not if you look at the constructors championship.
I agree that williams was stronger in the last races of the year, but in the overall season redbull was ahead of williams.
In my mod Williams is faster than RB in quali but suffers higher tyre wear.
Also the order in the listing doesn't reflect the performance level

not if you look at the constructors championship.
I agree that williams was stronger in the last races of the year, but in the overall season redbull was ahead of williams.
In my mod Williams is faster than RB in quali but suffers higher tyre wear.
Also the order in the listing doesn't reflect the performance level
Ricardo did it and not vetell

Did you even try it?
I didn't say anything about Vettel and Ricciardo (Ricciardo is faster btw), don't know why you assumed it would be otherwise.

I did AI Team and driver performance levels on the base of the 2014 championship results, meaning:
Hamilton > Rosberg
Ricciardo > Vettel
Bottas > Massa
Alonso > Raikkonen
Button > Magnussen
Hulkenberg > Perez
Vergne > Kvyat
Grosjean > Maldonado
Sutil > Gutierrez
Bianchi > Chilton
Kobayashi > Ericsson

Tier 1: Mercedes > Williams ~ RedBull
Tier 2: Ferrari ~ McLaren > Force India > Toro Rosso
Tier 3: Lotus > Sauber
Tier 4: Marussia > Caterham

Having not enjoyed the way the Ai compete when playing the un-modded game i found this MOD extremely good. Just raced Sochi and it was one of the most competitive and enjoyable races i have had so far... Well done RowingAce !! Just to mention though i still find that the difference between the 3 fuel settings is too harsh, not very realistic. i.e. if you are on lean mix and ai is standard mix the lap times and speeds i find are still too big, they can be 2 seconds a lap faster. Is there any way of making this lap time difference less.?

Agree, good mod. Still testing, but so far so good. One issue: on Malaysian track I have no fuel left in lap 3 in a 3 lap race. Wet conditions, nothing changed to fuel settings or fuel mix. Can you look into this issue?

Just to mention though i still find that the difference between the 3 fuel settings is too harsh, not very realistic. i.e. if you are on lean mix and ai is standard mix the lap times and speeds i find are still too big, they can be 2 seconds a lap faster. Is there any way of making this lap time difference less.?

Glad you like it! As for the fuel mixes: I am not sure if that can be done, I will have a look at it though. What can be done is change the fuel consumption for mixes 1 and three, as they are in relation to mix two. When testing fuel effects (shanghai) i noticed a gap of ~1.5 sec between mix one and three though, and I thought that was fine

Agree, good mod. Still testing, but so far so good. One issue: on Malaysian track I have no fuel left in lap 3 in a 3 lap race. Wet conditions, nothing changed to fuel settings or fuel mix. Can you look into this issue?

Will have a look at it. Manual or automatic gears? If Manual, when do you shift up?

What car did you use? Just tested the RedBull in dry and full wet conditions with automatic gears and i did get to the end without a Problem.
Did you actually run out of fuel (engine stuttering) or was the fuel gauge blinking?
I use the traction control, but even with that I see (or better hear) massive wheelspin in the low gears in full wet, which obviously leads to a higher fuel consumption through higher average revs. But even with that i made it (mix two).
Maybe you could try Manual gears and short-shift in wet conditions, is better for the tyres either ;)

Very quick questions, for very quick answers, if you have it...

When you say, "Adjusted Player Car Performance to match simulated Quali times in dry conditions"
That means in race they are faster then real life, I m right? This include Ai?

How did you control fast forward times?

Thanks in advance.

Note:
I can imagine how many time you spend on this...
I am trying to do something similar, but so far, without satisfactory results

Yes they are faster in Race, because the fuel effects are lower than in real life.
My main goal was to make The player and AI cars equally fast, so that you have a good challenge.
I don't know how to control the fast forwars times, hence the Wet weather issues and the adjustment according to those times. If I could really control them, I would have made them realistic ;)
But the database-option to adjust the simulated times was gone in 2013 already, and I have no clue where they are determined now, I fear the are hardcoded into the .exe though ..

Hi RowingAce, you obviously know what you are doing so i have some questions too. The Ai don't have tire degradation or wear so their times remain constant is this correct?, but the player will suffer understeer once their tires get to about 80% worn and struggle to keep pace. Is there anyway to make this fairer so that the Ai times get slightly slower as their tires wear?
Also, Correct me if i am wrong as the players fuel gets less the car should get lighter a quicker ! i think the Ai does, but i don't see extra speed with less fuel when i am playing.
Your MOD is very good and i have raced 3 races using it and it is very competitive. I still find that the Ai are too quick on worn tires compared to my times on the same worn tires.
Please correct me if i am wrong about the Ai tire wear, their lap times never decrease on worn tires!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.1%