Resource icon

Misc ACE 2014 - AI Challenge Enhancer 1.40

Login or Register an account to download this content
Very good mod, probably the first that dont mess up the game at all. I have a few notes.
1) It seems to me, that I have more grip in Qualyfication or there is better "fuel-load" effect. Its fine, because there is no option to changing setup during racing like in real (except fuel mix) etc. A can be match faster now.
2) Sector time seems to be better balanced over the riginal times, but still is not perfect and not matching real 2014 results (but nevermind, its no complaint)
3) The game (top) speed dont match real speed. I trie to perfom the best possible corner entry (no wheel spin, short shifting, good traction setup, etc), but never reach speed like Daniil Kvyat with Toro Rosso in Melbourne - watch this :
. Im still at least 10-15 km behind at some "checkpoints". I have no idea, if only Toro Rosso is slower in game, because I have never tried to drive other car yet (even Lotus is catching me on straights).

And because of that, I lost few tenths a lap. And maybe..maybe there are still more likely 2013 cars (<- more downforce in corners but less speed on straights).

4) Also I have a feeling of AI still being like "nailed" in meduim/fast speed chicanes with full throttle. And if long streight is following, AI are REALLY fast and can even close up by 1s to me (Barcelona - but I am just in Melbourne with Your MOD).

Oh, i forgot the main idea. What about possibility to chose ammount of starting fuel? (you could, for example, start with -5 lap). I would like to perform good fuel managemant...and start to race with less fuel to be little bit faster (like Hamilton...or both Williams i think).

It would be based on 2013's possibility to choose fuel strategy and this feature is not operational in 2014.

Its a good mod no doubt, driving the mclaren in professional difficulty I seem to be around my team-mates pace on every circuit except hockenheim where its a job to keep caterham and marussia behind me, the AI seem really fast going into the first and last corners.

Will have a look at hockenheim, I also had the impression in my career race that they are a little fast out of the last corner.

@poiuz123: I don't think changing the Fuel load is possible in 2014, since the option to change it in setup is gone. My guess is, that that is something controlled in the .exe which I can't change.
IAlso I don't know if the 100 kg rule is fixed in the FIA rules, or if it is just a max limit. I don't think, anyone 2014 loaded less than those 100 kg of fuel.
As for the top speeds: I know the are not a perfect match. On some tracks it is better, on some worse. The Problem is, that I can't change the simulated qualifying times. With the times as they are I had to lower the grip levels of the cars significantly (Melbourne for example) and would have to lower those even more if top Speeds were higher, to bring player's laptimes on the level of the simulated AI times.

My main goal with this mod was not to get perfectly realistc laptimes (as with not being able to adjust the fast forward times it is impossible), but rather a better balance between AI and the player, to make the game more enjoyable.

I follow your mod since its first release and I think it's one of the best I found on racedepartment, making the game as best as you can. I'm also really happy to see you're still updating your mod, but that's really a shame to be forced of creating a new profile to see the changes ingame... It's not your fault but create a new career is quite anoying and I hope F1 2015 will fix this "bug".

Hi, let me write down about my another experience with this mode.
100% Australian GP
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUALIFYING AND RACING

I must say Im quite dissapointed with the balance between player and AI.
This is not really "heartwarming" that AI cars are almost half race pushing and setting qualifying laps. This cause, that player had to push hard to match the AI performace, but it results in high tyre wear, that AI has NOT.

I wish there were better balance between Qualification and Race, becouse there is no way be SO FAST and agressive during the race. In real, the fastest lap setting in a race are 2-4 seconds slower.

If there were this mod solving this, it would be so much better and it would definetly results in stop complaining about tyre wear.

AI MISTAKES, RETIREMENTS
There were no retiremens in my race in Melbourne. And also, its difficult to do good result with slower car, when better cars are simply faster, almost never do mistakes and still pushing without tyre wear. So, becouse of this "game settings" Im "convicted" to be race by race out of points.

CONCLUSION :
If your goal is make the game more enjoyable and make player and AI better balanced, it would be great, if you could (some way, if its possible) prevent AI cars pushing Q laps in race and make them, at least 1 second slower (especially last stint). It would result in situation, where players stop complaining about tyre wear and will not be forced tu push so hard.

info: I select AI level acording too fastest laps in qualify, but pushing so hard in 58 lap race is annoying.:D

edit:
I thing ther is only a little diff between tier 2 and 3, but maybe...Sauber and Lotus should be actually a bit slower, and diff between 3 and 4 too.

Last edited:
getting the retirements right is a really tough balancing and takes a lot of time testing.
I like it better when there are too little retirements rather than being too many.

As for the race pace: I tested the qualy/race-balance in china. Driving the mercedes I can go 1:37.9 in quali and ~1:40,8 on mix two at the start of a 100% race. (quick race)
I set the AI to ~1:38,2 and ~1:41,2 to adjust for the lower grip in career.
So I think that fits pretty well.

getting the retirements right is a really tough balancing and takes a lot of time testing.
I like it better when there are too little retirements rather than being too many.

I must agree with that but I'm wondering right now : is the amount of retirements sets with the distance of the race ? Like I only play on 25% races, will I see some retirements ?
P.S : sorry for bad english, rofl...

As for the race pace: I tested the qualy/race-balance in china. Driving the mercedes I can go 1:37.9 in quali and ~1:40,8 on mix two at the start of a 100% race. (quick race)
I set the AI to ~1:38,2 and ~1:41,2 to adjust for the lower grip in career.
So I think that fits pretty well.
Hm...try again, for exapmle, Melbourne 100 race. Its a tuff race for me, but still....I had to switch one level down for a race. If You are able to be fast enough 50-60 laps and posting Qlaps - its probably Ok.I will try to do, As I wrote, get down the Ai level for GP. athough i hope, that, at least, the F1 2015 game will change this...and I will have NOT push so hard in a race like in Q.

Hi thank for your mod is so good now, About GP USA a the last curve before the great line the point of break of the IA is good but after the IA break too much and they lose too much speed. can you do something ? for information and for make advance the mod .

last few days have been trying this at various tracks without the ai_vehicle_cornering_statistics.xml and going up a level (professional up to expert).

It is so much better now, ai is going through medium to high speed corners without silly speeds and the laps times are hard but not too hard, i'm not having to make qualy laps throughout the race as someone posted above.

As an example - before at Spa, used to lose about a second in sector 2 as the ai would go through Pouhon corner at speeds which i couldn't match without running wide and would make this time up in sectors 1 & 3, now through the lap it is much more consistent and more enjoyable.

Hi thank for you mod again , No I use your original cornering statistics , I don t have IA tyre wear , the laptimes decreases during race , like about 1,47 start race and 1, 44 at end race . I play at top level 100% race with MCE direct GP without calif. I tested again and again USA GP with your mod i thing the IA on the big line need too break 10 meter more late just at level of panel 100 metres , because they break at 10 méters before panel 100 m and is easy to take them on break. However now because your mod , I use traction control at top level . I can say too , that when the 4 or 5 firsts cars are front me in 10 laps they took me 10 s . But is hard to pass me haha
on the short line same little problem of break . if you have time I know is hard job , but try to focus you on the straight line braking of all the GP because for the rest your mod makes it much more addictive games .
A yes and the IA have real problem of losse speed after the last corner before big line and is hard for them to reatch me at end of line same with the DRS . ( I have 8 front and 4 rear wing )
God be with you www.falundafa.org friendly Pascal

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back