Resource icon

Misc ACE 2014 - AI Challenge Enhancer 1.40

Login or Register an account to download this content
not completely right, AI have tyre wear and fuel effects, but in race they overlap and a Third effect seems to come in play, the track rubbering in. That seems to have a bigger effect on AI cars than the player.
I tested the tyre wear on 100% race length at shanghai and they loose ~0.7 seconds during the first stint, which I thought was fine.
I have to admit though, that in 50 % (and shorter) races it seems not to work as good. After the Holidays I will have a look into it, maybe I can find a fix.

Last edited:
Wowwwww, Rowing Ace, another top job!!!! You seem to do this every year. It looks like you have set later braking distances again on every track at every corner - top job.

Have you done anything to try to make the AI more aggressive at defending and attacking or is this just a natural consequence of the later braking points they use?

Also, is there anything you can try to make the AI faster on the First Lap as it looks like they are trying to find a different line in the early corners rather than just leaving the inside of the track open for us to steal 3 or 4 places at each corner.

Again, top job, look forward to your reply.

The first corners after race start they take a different racing line through these corners than in the following laps. This line, to put it mildly, is crap. They are following the center of the Track more or less. I tried to improve it, I think it is a little better, but far from good.
Will look if something can be done about it.
I didn't change any aggression or overtake or blocking values, thats just the braking points :)

Your mod is amazing, the best I've ever seen for F1 2014. I prefer to play on Expert difficulty instead of Legend because I think there is a big difference between these two difficulties and you could reduce them , not completely , but could . Is there any possibility that you release an update to close this gap even more ? Thanks

It is possible of course.
Would like to know how others think about the difficulty gaps. good? bigger? smaller?
To adjust that is relatively easy ;)
There will be an update after the holidays, will try to improve fuel and tyre effects more.
But now it's Christmas :)

Hi Rowing Ace, I will test the different levels and tell you my view on gaps.

in mean time you reference "aggression or overtake or blocking values" ..... can they be changed?

okay, I tested the lower Difficulty Settings and the AI are about 4 seconds a lap quicker on every Difficulty level. It is pretty linear, so the AI in Professional vanilla game is now about the same pace as Amateur.
I normally run at between Professional and Expert AI pace on vanilla but am having to play at Intermediate level on Rowing Ace's mod which is about right for me.
I am finding that the AI are about 2 seconds a lap slower in DRY conditions on FAST FORWARD x6 or x30 mode than standard pace which is meaning I am having to sit through 3 full Quali sessions to enjoy the full race weekend of qualifying. That is annoying.
I race 25% distances and the fuel levels on Automatic gears mean when you use this Mod if you run standard mode mix 2 for the entire race you have just enough fuel to get to the end. If you do lots of wheelspin you run out on the last lap. The vanilla game normally allows me to have 2 or 3 Rich Mix Level 3 Laps. It is now on the limit and tracks like Austria require me to have a t least 1 Lean Level 1 lap to avoid running out of fuel. I use AUTO gears. Some may not like this but I think it is great - you have to manage fuel better. I tend to race with Level 1 on 1st lap every race now and move to standard mix after Lap 1 - this is because I find it too easy to gain up to 6 places on first lap, but on Lean Fuel it does cut that down to a couple of places gained which I find more enjoyable - If only Rowing Ace can make the AI faster on Lap 1, although I don't think it is speed I think they just don't defend well enough on Lap 1 (or anywhere for that matter). I don't know why Codemasters Collision AI is so sensitive to aggressive players, the cars seem to be hard coded to jump out the way and give up a place even when they are a car length ahead and on the racing line going into or through a corner.
Overall this mod is by far the best addition out there!!

I'm a fairly experienced driver (over 700 hours in several CM F1 games), and I could easily outrace the AI on F1 2013, but 2014 in a different league. I race with a G27 wheel on PC, and therefore I don't have the stupid hidden assists every keyboard/pad user has. This makes me an easy prey for the AI as they're build to race against people using assists (especially in the rain).

So I had good hopes thought your mod would fix this, or at least make the AI slower under certain circumstances. Not really, the AI are worse. Even when racing in a Mercedes, the AI are quicker and right now I cannot even catch them on Expert difficulty.

As you can see in any F1 video from the real life 2014 season, the cars are slow and very hard to keep on track. There's no downforce but the game doesn't reflect this. Sorry for being harsh (it's because Codemasters didn't do their job well) but I would like to see more realistic AI.

Can you please update your mod again and decrease their grip levels? Thank you very much in advance!

@daytona64:
I could not reproduce the differnce between fast forward and on track in Qualifying in the lower difficulty levels, at least not in dry conditions. In wet conditions it can happen, but that is track-dependant and something I can't really change.

@Levano :
I use the traction Control as only assist, and I can see, how it is a big help, especially in wet conditions.
When I chose how fast to make the AI cars in relation to the player, I just made them as fast as I can drive with my Pad (override to steering wheel and TC as only assist). My experience from the older CM F1 Games is, that there is a bunch of people who still can drive faster than me, so I figured that people who find Legend too fast could always lower the difficulty.
So I won't make a whole new version. If it is only the wet conditions you are referring to, I can make a database for those who play without TC. The dry weather speed would be the same, but the wet weather ability will be reduced, so that the gap between dry and wet conditions will become bigger.

Levano is correct with his assessment of the unmodded game. I still persist in my thought that......if there is some way to match or produce Ai tire degradation (which they don't have) to the players obvious degradation and understeer then it would make the whole game exceptionally better. Once tire wear is starting to effect handling the Ai corner like they are on rails, too fast for me with wearing tires and understeer which is true to life.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back