Resource icon

Apps ACDynamicERS 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just a dream :sleep:

Being able to let some settings unchanged would allow, for example, to set two buttons just for two brake bias settings to use on track (long / short corners). Endless possibilities ...

tmp.jpg

I saw simhub allow button mapping to virtual key stroke, even sequence of them. But you can't set absolute value then, just increment or decrement x times.

I also saw in your code that you make a loop to in/decrement value and read set value until it is the same.

I dunno if python can access what button is pressed in ac but in controls changing the encoder pos is exactly like pressing a button when encoder is set to pulse. For example, putting enc to pos 1 press button 34 on the right ui. Switch to pos2 and button 35 appear pressed once, etc for each pos. I can make a gif of that if you want.
in my opinion this would be doable but would make it less scalable than the solution of decrementing/incrementing the map. A map should be mapped for each key, and there may be encoders with more or less steps. I'll think about it, however in my opinion it will always be necessary to bind to a key/set of keys on the keyboard

The problem with inc/dec is that you will never know which preset set which value. If I start with different brake bias or even modify it with another rotary/button before loading a preset you are dead, the preset will never set the right value as start value can be whatever. This would dismiss all the preset thing.

But yes it would need key set to inc/dec to the right value. It seems AC doesn’t allow to set absolute values, which is quite strange on a dev side.

Last edited:
The problem with inc/dec is that you will never know which preset set which value. If I start with different brake bias or even modify it with another rotary/button before loading a preset you are dead, the preset will never set the right value as start value can be whatever. This would dismiss all the preset thing.

But yes it would need key set to inc/dec to the right value. It seems AC doesn’t allow to set absolute values, which is quite strange on a dev side.
it could be done that for each button of the encoder used, it is mapped to a key on the keyboard. Then in the app you specify the key to the preset. I don't know if you know, but you could use a dictionary to make it look better. ex:
Python:
{
    "encoder_mappings":{
        "1": "Mapping1",
        "2": "Mapping2",
        "<keyboard key>": "<mapping name>"  
    }
}

Last edited:
it could be done that for each button of the encoder used, it is mapped to a key on the keyboard. Then in the app you specify the key to the preset. I don't know if you know, but you could use a dictionary to make it look better. ex:
Python:
{
    "encoder_mappings":{
        "1": "Mapping1",
        "2": "Mapping2",
        "<keyboard key>": "<mapping name>"  
    }
}

Love the idea of this app. Would allow far more focus on the race without having to worry about ERS switching. I have buttons for deployment on my wheel. They work perfectly when manually changing the settings.

I’ve installed the app and recorded a lap (recording before changes, and then stop recording as I get to the end of the lap). The info area at the bottom of the app window shows the changes I am making in real time. Restart the session and hit Start (playback). But unfortunately the only change that happens is at the first turn. It increases the ERS deployment one step - but not to the ultimate setting that I had recorded, and never changes again over the entire lap (despite having set several ERS changes).

Is there something simple that I am missing? I have turned off ACTI to be safe. Before I did that, Start would never change the ERS deployment. It only said it was Started.

Thank you for any guidance to get the app working.

Love the idea of this app. Would allow far more focus on the race without having to worry about ERS switching. I have buttons for deployment on my wheel. They work perfectly when manually changing the settings.

I’ve installed the app and recorded a lap (recording before changes, and then stop recording as I get to the end of the lap). The info area at the bottom of the app window shows the changes I am making in real time. Restart the session and hit Start (playback). But unfortunately the only change that happens is at the first turn. It increases the ERS deployment one step - but not to the ultimate setting that I had recorded, and never changes again over the entire lap (despite having set several ERS changes).

Is there something simple that I am missing? I have turned off ACTI to be safe. Before I did that, Start would never change the ERS deployment. It only said it was Started.

Thank you for any guidance to get the app working.
Hi, can you send me some logs? You can find them in "Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/pylog.txt"

Thanks so much for the reply! I have attached the log file below.

After I posted here, I wondered if the issue I am having is because I run AC Content Manager launcher) on an secondary internal drive? The log file was in the documents folder, but I wondered if the app is expecting everything to be on the C drive???

Let me know if there is anything else that would help diagnose. Appreciate your help.

Scott

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 37
Thanks so much for the reply! I have attached the log file below.

After I posted here, I wondered if the issue I am having is because I run AC Content Manager launcher) on an secondary internal drive? The log file was in the documents folder, but I wondered if the app is expecting everything to be on the C drive???

Let me know if there is anything else that would help diagnose. Appreciate your help.

Scott
Seems like you didn't enabled the app. There are no logs of it

Seems like you didn't enabled the app. There are no logs of it
I had it enabled and it definitely partially worked, because I was able to have it open in-game and saw the recorded change happen (only the first change).

Does the log file only update the latest session in AC? Because I had turned it off again to enable ACTI after I posted the first time.

If so, I could enable it again and send a new log?

I had it enabled and it definitely partially worked, because I was able to have it open in-game and saw the recorded change happen (only the first change).

Does the log file only update the latest session in AC? Because I had turned it off again to enable ACTI after I posted the first time.

If so, I could enable it again and send a new log?
Strange, in the logs there are no mentions about it

Hi good morning

It is since yesterday that the app has stopped to work.
The following is the error in the log file:

[ACDynamicErs: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/ACDynamicErs\ACDynamicErs.py", line 205, in acMain
get_buttons()
File "apps/python/ACDynamicErs\ACDynamicErs.py", line 72, in get_buttons
config.read(get_documents_path() + "/Assetto Corsa/cfg/controls.ini")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\configparser.py", line 672, in read
self._read(fp, filename)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\configparser.py", line 993, in _read
for lineno, line in enumerate(fp, start=1):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x90 in position 659: character maps to <undefined>

I haven't changed anything.
I have tried to verify the files in steam, set the buttons with a new preset, a fresh install, used a backup from a previous PC ( the one used since yesterday after all) no luck unfortunately.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

EDIT:SOLVED
The issue was related to the Windows Unicode setting. Searching on line I found this thread
https://superuser.com/a/1435645 and after restarting the issue was solved.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back