Resource icon

Apps ACDynamicBias 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
met-ita submitted a new resource:

ACDynamicBias - Change your brake balance automatically

ACDynamicBias was born from the idea of a friend with whom one evening I was having fun on Assetto Corsa. And here we are, after a few days to try and try again I can release a first version.

Operation is very simple, just press the record button, take a lap by changing the brake balance at the right time, stop the recording and press Start / Stop button. Everything is saved in a folder inside the app called {track_name} / {auto_name} /config.txt, the configuration is saved every time the...

Read more about this resource...

I'd love to use the app, but it doesnt work for me or my teammates.
The app says the balance is adjusted as we wish, but AC doesnt apply that change. In your video the brake balance change notification on top of the screen shows up, for us, it doesnt.
its like the app things the change is done but it isnt connected to AC correctly.

I'd love to use the app, but it doesnt work for me or my teammates.
The app says the balance is adjusted as we wish, but AC doesnt apply that change. In your video the brake balance change notification on top of the screen shows up, for us, it doesnt.
its like the app things the change is done but it isnt connected to AC correctly.
Hello! did you set 2 buttons on the keyboard for the brake balance? if so, what buttons did you put? did you edit the json with the keys you used? by default they are Z - move to front. X - move to rear

Last edited:
Hello! did you set 2 buttons on the keyboard for the brake balance? if so, what buttons did you put? did you edit the json with the keys you used? by default they are Z - move to front. X - move ti rear
Ah. I use a knob on my wheel. I didnt realise Id have to edit another file, guess that was lost in translation.

Ill have a look into that later on, thanks!

Ah. I use a knob on my wheel. I didnt realise Id have to edit another file, guess that was lost in translation.

Ill have a look into that later on, thanks!
exactly, if you have cm you have to put the check in "combine with keyboard" and set 2 keyboard keys for the brake Balance. if they are different from Z (to move the BB in front) and X (rear) you have to edit the json file

hi thank you for the app,

I have a conflict between your app and the app F1 Hud 2020 3.0.1. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2020-hud.35073/

Once installed ACDynamicBias the other app does not work and it does not show in the menu bar anymore.

I have also a request, it could be possible to save also the MGUK and MGUH?

Your app works as intended btw.

Thanks
Hi! can you pass me the AC app logs? The file can be found in documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/py_log.txt. For the mgu-h and mgu-k there should be no problem

Last edited:
Hi! can you pass me the AC app logs? The file can be found in documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/py_log.txt. For the mgu-h and mgu-k there should be no problem
Hi sorry for the delay in sending the log.

Re-installed and same issue.

You can find it attached.

thank you

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 73
yes removing your app the other one works properly even if I have to reposition it on the screen (like a fresh installation)

Last edited:
Hello, I'm using "per car" config files for wheel settings.
My setting file that i'm using is GT3.ini; it's not loading the keyboard settings and hence not changing the wheel balance. how can i fix this?

EDIT: it's sounding the horn instead of changing the bias so it's definitely a config issue :)

ALSO: I have a dvorak keyboard layout so i don't know if that messes things up?
"bias move to rear" is mapped to J; on a DVORAK keyboard that's where the H button is; and H is bound to HORN - so it looks like that's the prime suspect.
the only two keys that are in the same place on dvorak and qwerty are A and M - so i guess i could use those?

Last edited:
Hello, I'm using "per car" config files for wheel settings.
My setting file that i'm using is GT3.ini; it's not loading the keyboard settings and hence not changing the wheel balance. how can i fix this?

EDIT: it's sounding the horn instead of changing the bias so it's definitely a config issue :)

"bias move to rear" is mapped to J; on a DVORAK keyboard that's where the H button is; and H is bound to HORN - so it looks like that's the prime suspect.
the only two keys that are in the same place on dvorak and qwerty are A and M - so i guess i could use those?
Have you saved the settings?

I've been doing a little bit of digging and found out that it's a conflict between controls.ini and key_dict.py

Control.ini
[BALANCEUP]
KEY=0x60 ; Numpad 0
[BALANCEDN]
KEY=0x61 ; Numpad 1
key_dict.py
'NUM1' : 0x4F,
'NUM0' : 0x52,
It's taking "numpad 0" and sending it to pressKey() and then pykey can't map it.

So i've hacked key_dict and that got the keys working.
I also hacked the py file to use a single thread instead of spaming 10 threads that fight with each other as you drive through the distance boundary.
All very happy now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back