Accuforce V2 vs. Simagic M10

It seems that the Simagic M10 has matured enough to be a strong competitor to the Accuforce V2, and the price (in the U.S. at least) is identical or nearly so. Both use similar "hybrid" stepper motors. A few of the more obvious pros and cons include the following (for base and optional wheel):

Accuforce Pros: Stronger max power (13 nm), mature hardware and powerful software with likely greater game compatibility.
Accuforce Cons: Loud-ish fan, arguably less elegant hardware construction and apparently lower quality wheel construction, software can be overwhelming or confusing.

Simagic Pros: Slightly less expensive base, arguably more elegant engineering over-all, distinctly higher quality wheel, no fan.
Simagic Cons: Lower max power (10 nm), simplistic and limited software controls, there have been some glitches reported early on (all good now?), perhaps lower compatibility with certain games.

Price being equal (again, at least in the U.S.), what are people's feelings about which to choose?

Last edited:
I do not run full force on my AccuForce; 10nm should suffice.
If paddle shifts and/or wheel buttons are important (I use neither),
then Simagic wireless seems less problematic than USB coiled cable
that is liable to destruction if not removed anytime AccuForce is powered on or otherwise calibrated.

I generally run without Sim Commander 4 software; partial cloud tuning matches did not impress.
SC4 might be handy for tweaking FFB while on track, but is unavailable in VR.

One key advantage (for me) with AccuForce DIY (without rim and base case) was easy rigid front mounting.
AccuForce stepper cogging is rarely noticeable when driving, with Assetto Corsa skid pad being an exception.
Having experienced alcantara deterioration on a real track car rim, I avoided that (eBay wood and pleather rims).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Simagic M10 has been selling like hot cakes. You’ll have stronger community support for recent buyers. But Accuforce has history and a lot of people own it. Issues are mostly ironed out.
personally I think the FfB difference will be minor, but the wheel difference is huge.

Upvote 0
I was looking at these 2 wheels before I purchased, and can tell you why I chose the Accuforce over the M10. Keep in mind this is just my opinion, and there is a lot of subjectivity as people look for different things.

1. American company vs Chinese company
2. Established company with proven quality vs new company
3. Some of the best support in the business vs have no clue
4. 13nm sustained torque vs 10nm max torque
5. Intuitive and highly customizable software vs basic software
6. Cloud and manual profiles vs manual only
7. Alcantara wheel vs Slick wheel
8. Wired wheel vs wireless
9. Accuforce appearance vs M10
10. Accuforce reviews vs M10.

For me support is one of the top things on my list. You never know when/if you are going to have issues, and a product is only as good as the company behind it. In this area the AF (SimXperience) is very good. I think the M10 only has support via Facebook (someone please correct me if I am wrong here). Not sure if they have a repair center in the US if you have a problem with the M10.

IMO the Accuforce 2 looks much better than the M10, but that is subjective. Not everyone likes the same thing :). Also, the Alcantara wheel is also very nice. Much nicer than the pictures would have you believe (This is subjective as well). However, the M10 wheel looks very nice although some have said it can be slippery.

Also, the software is worth a lot here. The AccuForce software is very intuitive, and not difficult to use once you get into it, and if you don't like to tinker with settings just let the cloud profiles set it up for you. You can push your settings directly to your wheel if you don't want to run Sim Commander.

With the wired vs wireless...that is very subjective although a physical connection is almost always more reliable. Furthermore, most DD wheels are corded, and rare to hear anyone complain about the cord.

I doubt anyone would be disappointed with either solution. For me the proven build quality, proven support, the appearance, great software, more power, and across the board reviews pushed me toward the AF.

I did post a review on the Accuforce. Not the greatest review, but at least it is something ;).

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Sim Commander software is what I really love about the Accuforce. It allows me to tailor the feedback exactly the way I like it. The auto cloud tuning is great for people who don't like to tinker, but it did not offer a complete experience for me until I adjusted the settings manually. I compared both by using ACC in game FFB tuning without Sim Commander and then did one with it, it was so much better after I used Sim Commander. The software alone is worth over the Simagic.

The Simxperience rim/button box was subpar for me, I have since moved to a different wheel and it has been amazing. Btw, you can purchase the base only, can't beat that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I considered and have reservations for both...

For the AFv2 it's the simplistic button box, coiled cable and from disassembly in the SRG video I wasn't pleased with the internals of the controller box (PSU on a standoff and wedged in with a piece of foam?).

For the M10 the hardware as a package definitely looks to be a step up with wireless/more advanced button box. My concerns are more about longevity and support -- I understand their resources are on Facebook ( a negative, IMO) and working with resellers can go either way in my experience.

If I was choosing on the hardware alone as a package, I'd go M10. I admit I've been tempted, but need more assurance for a $1000 purchase.

I'd really like to see Fanatec close the gap and bring DD1 pricing down. ;)

Upvote 0
I considered and have reservations for both...

For the AFv2 it's the simplistic button box, coiled cable and from disassembly in the SRG video I wasn't pleased with the internals of the controller box (PSU on a standoff and wedged in with a piece of foam?).

For the M10 the hardware as a package definitely looks to be a step up with wireless/more advanced button box. My concerns are more about longevity and support -- I understand their resources are on Facebook ( a negative, IMO) and working with resellers can go either way in my experience.

If I was choosing on the hardware alone as a package, I'd go M10. I admit I've been tempted, but need more assurance for a $1000 purchase.

I'd really like to see Fanatec close the gap and bring DD1 pricing down. ;)

Here is a nice video on using a Fanatec Mclaren GT3 wheel with the Accurforce.

S.R.M. Fanatec To Accuforce Adapter Install & First Impressions - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having learned from the AccuForce, I would hold out for their Alpha: 15Nm torque and front mount.
$1400-1600 for a 15 nm Chinese designed, built, and supported product? I personally would want to wait for reviews and longevity reports, or go with Simucube for a little more. It looks like you may not be as happy with your Accuforce Pro v2 as most. Maybe the OP and yourself could work something out on a sale;). A win/win.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like you may not be as happy with your Accuforce Pro v2 as most.
I own a DIY v2, not Pro. Other than software that others describe as intuitive
which I consider inconvenient and poorly documented,
my main AF issues are noisy controller fan and inadequate connectors.
Actual FFB torque and detail are acceptable.
I hope to eventually approximate Simagic's wireless controls, sadly without inductive power.

I suppose that nearly all DD wheelbase motors and circuit cards are built in China.
Based on the SRG review, likely M10 failure points may be:
* setscrews without loctite and key on the motor shaft
* right angle USB socket on the motor-side wireless board
.. with many other failures avoided by plugging both the M10 and game PC into a good surge suppressor.
Hybrid stepper motors draw relatively little power, generating relatively little heat,
which are typically aggravating failure factors, other than vibrations and shocks.

Long term, I expect cables and connectors are likely failing parts of most non-wireless DD wheels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with virtually all the points in the above posts - thanks.

The Accuforce hardware has a bit of a micky-mouse engineering approach with regard to the connectors and the external power-supply/electronics box, the strangely-designed mounting hole position, and so on. I'm an engineer myself and am very sensitive to this kind of thing. They really need a V3 version to clean up some of that. The software could also do with reorganization, but it is clearly among the most powerful out there.

And the reservations about the M10, such as its mostly user-provided support (seriously?), are important factors.

While the engineer in me, which values well-done hardware, leans toward the M10, support and software is at least half the equation, and that certainly favors the Accuforce.

My initial thought was to run the Accuforce without its companion button box ("your way") and only with a plain steering wheel, going for a classic car approach, as I'm not terribly interested in modern F1, etc. But then I realized that may be a little too limiting (plus many steering wheels such as from Momo are desperately back-ordered these days). Thus, the M10, which has a much better wheel/button system, started to look better and better.

I've even circled back around to getting a Simucube (Sport?), etc., but I already have a Sim Lab Evo on the way, and that isn't well-positioned for a Simucube, plus it would add quite a bit of expense.

What to do, what to do ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the engineer in me, which values well-done hardware, leans toward the M10
For classic race cars, 8 Nm torque from M10 may not feel realistic,
particularly with a larger diameter steering wheel.

I'm not terribly interested in modern F1, etc.
That works for me!
eBay wheels bolt directly to AccuForce 'Your Way' hub; I use these two:
320mm PVC Leather and 15" Classic Wood Grain Silver
SW-ZTL-9042-BK.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To put an end to my own personal debate about these two ... a Simucube Sport is on the way. :)

Stronger FFB than either of the above options? Check!
Smoothest response of just about any option? Check!
Incredibly solid engineering - better than either of them? Check!
Decent software, at least better than Simagic's? Check!
Far higher price than either? Um ... yeah ... check?

Now to figure out how to mount it to a Sim-Lab Evo, which wasn't the best option for this unplanned Simucube. I love a challenge, so that should be fun. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To put an end to my own personal debate about these two ... a Simucube Sport is on the way. :)

Stronger FFB than either of the above options? Check!
Smoothest response of just about any option? Check!
Incredibly solid engineering - better than either of them? Check!
Decent software, at least better than Simagic's? Check!
Far higher price than either? Um ... yeah ... check?

Now to figure out how to mount it to a Sim-Lab Evo, which wasn't the best option for this unplanned Simucube. I love a challenge, so that should be fun. :)
Good choice. I love my Accuforce, and can't imagine upgrading, but IMO the Simcube is the way to go if money doesn't hold you back. Congrats on your purchase, and the years of smiles that will follow.

Upvote 0
$1400-1600 for a 15 nm Chinese designed, built, and supported product?
I personally would want to wait for reviews and longevity reports
Good choice! Not even Chinese supported:
Laurence Dusoswa claims to have been using it for over 9 months.
I would rate him influencer; he dealt directly with Simagic for "teething" issues,
where regular customers are expected to get any support from resellers.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Misleading message that it offers better pricing than competitors including Scimucube 2 when bare base (15nm) is
1610323092618.png

And SC2 Sport (17nm) US price
Simucube 2 Sport
$1299.00 USD - US Shipping Included

It could be a good base, but considering the origin is way overpriced, may be it'll go down over time.
Still, glad to see more competition on DD market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
M10 was a good deal because it included a wheel for $1100. This is less torque than the SC2 Sport, costs the same as the SC2 Pro. The cheaper wheelbase from the same manufacturer is literally a better deal.

The only way to sell this for $1300 is if they were to lose money. Because of its manufacturing locale, it’s subjected to tariffs. SC2 is made in Finland so it has cheaper import costs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Misleading message
Agreed, although Laurence adds disclaimers about resellers both for pricing and support.
FWIW, US$1700 preorder bundled with dual clutch GT4 rim and shipping;
another $50 for analog pedal dongle + $50 for kill switch + $85 for angle mounting brackets
no listed bundle with both GT1 and GT4 rims...

The only way to sell this for $1300 is if they were to lose money.
US$1100 preorder for Alpha wheel base alone; have yet to see any DIY wireless project for Simagic...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%