Accuforce V2 vs. Simagic M10

It seems that the Simagic M10 has matured enough to be a strong competitor to the Accuforce V2, and the price (in the U.S. at least) is identical or nearly so. Both use similar "hybrid" stepper motors. A few of the more obvious pros and cons include the following (for base and optional wheel):

Accuforce Pros: Stronger max power (13 nm), mature hardware and powerful software with likely greater game compatibility.
Accuforce Cons: Loud-ish fan, arguably less elegant hardware construction and apparently lower quality wheel construction, software can be overwhelming or confusing.

Simagic Pros: Slightly less expensive base, arguably more elegant engineering over-all, distinctly higher quality wheel, no fan.
Simagic Cons: Lower max power (10 nm), simplistic and limited software controls, there have been some glitches reported early on (all good now?), perhaps lower compatibility with certain games.

Price being equal (again, at least in the U.S.), what are people's feelings about which to choose?

Last edited:
Long-time AccuForce user Mike is quite favorably impressed by the M10:
Nice video. Looks like the M10 is a good option. I would suggest reading the comments as he and others have some good info there as well.

Example:
SimRacing604 - 2 days ago
I prefer the cloud sourced FFB on the AccuForce, personally. I usually just have to make small tweaks. I wasn’t able to accomplish that level of FFB with the RaceManager software

I love that we are seeing more options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember in Mike's AF formula rim he mentioned he didn't like the duramold grip, and I find it interesting he still went for the non-standard duramold grip on the Simagic GT4 rim.

What is even more interesting is that I watched his AF formula rim review, disregarded his comment on not liking the duramold version and bought one, and ended up not being a big fan either :roflmao:

Upvote 0
Duramold GT4 was not something he had chosen;
that sample was forwarded to him after Sim Racing Garage reviewed it.
I see. I don't hate the duramold material it actually feels good when you touch it. The problem I have is that I bought the duramold rim because I wanna drive with bare hands. However when using high ffb settings I can get blisters in my hands so I end up still using gloves.

Upvote 0
However when using high ffb settings I can get blisters in my hands
Responsiveness of direct drive can be exploited without employing uncomfortable torques.

patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I to that."
doctor: "Don't do that!"

I had and enjoyed a suede-wrapped steering wheel,
until discovering a profound lack of enthusiasm for maintaining its appearance.
I wear gloves similar to these for biking, but not (yet) for sim.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 227 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 154 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years