Accuforce V2 Pro

I just sold my Fanatec V1, V2.5 and a couple of rims for near cost of an Accuforce but have to wait a couple months.
Just wanted to know what to expect. It's my first DD.
Got a chuckle when I read there's a safe mode for friends.
Oh boy! What am I getting myself into? Lol!

I've been meaning to ask, should I be starting from Sim Commander?
I have been using CM but I do kinda like the girl talking to me.
I think the girl talks only for cloud configurations, which are optional.
You can start CM, then SC4 and have it attach to the running sim.
That allows CSP with cloud tuning and/or effects generated by SC4 from telemetry ("Steering Force Foundation")

Apart from some learning curve on my part, the DD Accuforce wheel is very nice. Its another leap in connection to the road for sure. Everything I was hopping for.

Just a follow up from your last impressions in August. I have not made the move yet, still thinking about it though.
Having the wheel for 6 more month, Is it really better than the SW 2.5? Is the extra strength worth it.
Would you do it again?

Just a follow up from your last impressions in August. I have not made the move yet, still thinking about it though.
Having the wheel for 6 more month, Is it really better than the SW 2.5? Is the extra strength worth it.
Would you do it again?
100% I would.
Although the Fanatec v2.5 is a very good wheel base but I was always wondering if it was going to burn out after burning out the V1 and v2.
And I'm sure I'm not anywhere near getting the best out of the Accuforce. Just been abusing it with stock settings so far.
I'm sure there are better DD's out there but Accuforce definitely had their bugs worked out and as good to deal with as Fanatec, which is a huge compliment to both Accuforce and Fanatec.
Yes the V1 Fanatec was poor but they sent me all the updated parts for free to get it going, which I used for a few months while the V2 was being updated to a V2.5.
Sold the V1 and BMW rim for $400 CA.
I miss the controls and fanaleds. Tac and speedometer on the BMW wheel. And miss not being able to adjust EFI? If I remember correctly? It enhanced road and general FF but can rattle at times. With the Accuforce I have to open a window to get at the settings.

What wheels fit the Accuforce?

Last edited:
100% I would.

Glad to read that, also glad that they have good support, hoping it is not needed, but good, if it is ever needed.

About the driving feel, now that, presumably, the first few hours testing the muscles of your arms with your new DD wheels must have past, how different is it driving the SIMs you enjoy?
Game changer? Nice to have?
As a SIM racer not even using all the force of my present wheel, which is less than a SW 2.5, I have a hard time understanding why I should even consider a DD.
I trust your judgement, so I am interested in your comments after a long(ish) use of a DD wheel base, now that he novelty has dissipated and you probably do not need to justify your purchase anymore.

What wheels fit the Accuforce?

I use the Sam Maxwell SMZ1 and a MOMO MonteCarlo

Accuforce sells several wheels
https://simxperience.com/en-us/products/accessories/accuforcesteering.aspx

NRG ST-009R (All types)
Omp trecento 300mm
Momo Team 300
Sparco P310
OMP Kubic
Sparco P104 310mm cut top w/orange and white stripes (Sparco Knock-off? on Ebay)
Momo mod27c - (spacer required)
OMP Superquadro
Momo Mod 30
RMD 285mm Flat Bottom
Momo Team 280
Momo mod 27 290mm with spacer
Sparco P300

Last edited:
Other DD owners correct me if I got this wrong, but I don't think it's the 1:1 power that makes it better but the quicker more detailed response you get from more power. The power you can turn down but the latency is still reduced. And I think that's why we are see new DD's on the market with even more power, is the only reason that makes sense to me. Because this V2 Accuforce has more than enough power to hurt me. I can't imagine some of these new DD's out there now would brake your wrists?? Lol!!

PS l also built a massive 58 inch 90 degree triple cockpit and changed out a bad motherboard that was burning out hard drives and causing other problems related to AC.

Last edited:
The one negative about the Accuforce V2 is the settings!
Searching the web I come full circle to my own thread!! Lol!!
I get the feeling I am missing some software because the videos have windows I can't find in my SC4 software I have.
Is there two SC4 apps ??

Would you do it again?

So???
Are you getting an Accuforce??

You can probably sell your old wheel for more then you paid for it?
That's what I did!! Lol!!

Last edited:
So???
Are you getting an Accuforce??

If I was decided to spend money on a DD wheel, it would most probably be the Accuforce V2 Pro, more because of SimCommander than the wheel base itself, even though the price is attractive to me.
But, I am not in any rush, to me, as far as FFB is concerned, less is more. I do not find FFB, in any game, particularly representative of what I feel when I drive. More often then not, when too strong, it is breaking the immersion. VR, nice graphics, nice cockpit animations, believable physic, track and suspension feedback trough tactile, are vey immersive, FFB as well, but in moderation.
I would spend twice the money of a DD wheel base in a heartbeat for an haptic suit that would provide immersive G force feeling.
At this point I am still curious, but as long as my wheel is operational, DD is not on the top of the pile, as an expense I am looking forward to. A better GPU than my 1080ti or a better VR headset would be more important to me, in improving my immersion.

I get the feeling I am missing some software because the videos have windows I can't find in my SC4 software I have.
Some seemingly related settings are accessed in quite different ways.
SimXperience seems more than usually allergic to updating documentation,
which evidently has been unnecessary to keep them busy making and selling during the pandemic.
If I was decided to spend money on a DD wheel, it would most probably be the Accuforce V2 Pro
Were I starting now, having learned from a DIY AccuForce,
I am more tempted by VRS' DirectForce Pro: better connectors and motor, no fan, simpler software.

1) The PSU fan is loud and gets louder with more load.
Intending to wait for the warranty to expire before replacing it,
the noise finally bothered enough to motivate replacing it:
AccuFan.jpg

It is a 60x60x10mm 12V 2-pin fan rated 29dB, 3600RPM, 13.7 CFM and ball bearing,
as is wanted for horizontally mounted fans,
Perhaps because of it mounting next to relatively restrictive vent holes
that CFM rating seemed highly optimistic. While in there, I noticed
what may be a white ceramic power resistor very loosely inserted part way into a heat sink:
loosely.jpg

It has a little thermal paste smeared on it, but not enough to be worthwhile for such a loose fit.

Since there is plenty of space beneath the fan inside the power supply,
a 60x60x15mm replacement fan was ordered.

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye on mine.
While waiting for replacement fan delivery,
the original NBM was unscrewed from the power supply cover.
The fan certainly has an irritating whine,
but much noise is provoked by inadequate Mean Well grille opening,
which provokes "stall" (fan pitch audibly rising and dramatic airflow reduction).

Since the AccuForce controller plastic top cover already has a fan grille,
opening up the power supply grille and hanging a fan from rubber fan mounts
to reduce vibration conduction should appreciably reduce noise.
The cover's outer opening diameter being about 10mm smaller than the fan's
strongly impacts airflow and increases noise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back