Accuforce V2 Pro

I just sold my Fanatec V1, V2.5 and a couple of rims for near cost of an Accuforce but have to wait a couple months.
Just wanted to know what to expect. It's my first DD.
Got a chuckle when I read there's a safe mode for friends.
Oh boy! What am I getting myself into? Lol!

can you explain how the Cloud tuning works? I saw that mentioned - but have not had time to mess with it. If it replaces Owner’s Club - and better yet, improves on it, great.

To be honest I'm not sure, all I know is that if you start a track and car combination that is covered then it applies its ffb settings and I haven't tried one I don't like. Generally the overall strength seems to be based around your own preference but the rest is voodoo as far as I can make out

I just tried creating a profile with a telemetry lap from AMS2. Selected “All valid Laps” but it Didn’t seem to record the lap. I may have something checked wrong - or not opted for a setting in AMS2. I’ll have to dig deeper.

I’m assuming for the cloud based profiles you have to select the track and car (like the owners club). That was always a bit of a nightmare since tracks and cars were not all listed alphabetically....and the one I was looking for always seemed to be # 10,489 in the list :)

To be honest I'm not sure, all I know is that if you start a track and car combination that is covered then it applies its ffb settings and I haven't tried one I don't like. Generally the overall strength seems to be based around your own preference but the rest is voodoo as far as I can make out

What plugs into what when using an Accuforce with the controller box? I will have the Fanatec shifter and V3 pedals, so they will also need to plug in, guessing to the computer. Wondering how many and what type of connections i will need on the computer itself, and what the shifter and pedals plug into (maybe into the Accuforce control unit?)

Thanks
Randy
:)

What plugs into what when using an Accuforce with the controller box?
In addition to an 8-pin Molex connector for three 0-5V analog inputs e.g. for pedal potentiometers or instrumentation amplifier-style load cells, the Accuforce control box has two USB sockets for PC connection. One controls the wheel base and the other, called a hub, is wired out the wheel base front on a 6-pin RJ-11 connector, typically for a coil cord that connects to the AccuForce wheel button box.
The control box also has dedicated power and signal connections for the wheel base.

Controller_Plug_Descriptions_Dimensions.jpg

In addition to an 8-pin Molex connector for three 0-5V analog inputs e.g. for pedal potentiometers or instrumentation amplifier-style load cells, the Accuforce control box has two USB sockets for PC connection. One controls the wheel base and the other, called a hub, is wired out the wheel base front on a 6-pin RJ-11 connector, typically for a coil cord that connects to the AccuForce wheel button box.
The control box also has dedicated power and signal connections for the wheel base.

Controller_Plug_Descriptions_Dimensions.jpg

Still a little lost looking at this. So, i will be able to plug in all the connections from the Accuforce wheel base to this control unit no doubt. My questions are 1) what comes out of this control unit and plugs into the computer itself (i.e. 1 USB from the control box to the computer?, what type of USB, 2.0, 3.0?), and 2) will the Fantatec V3 pedals and/or the Fantatec shifter be able to plus their USB connections into this control box, or will the pedal and shifter USB connections still need to plug straight into the computer itself?

Thanks
Randy

Still a little lost looking at this. So, i will be able to plug in all the connections from the Accuforce wheel base to this control unit no doubt. My questions are 1) what comes out of this control unit and plugs into the computer itself (i.e. 1 USB from the control box to the computer?, what type of USB, 2.0, 3.0?), and 2) will the Fantatec V3 pedals and/or the Fantatec shifter be able to plus their USB connections into this control box, or will the pedal and shifter USB connections still need to plug straight into the computer itself?

Thanks
Randy
I definitely skip the “hub” on the control box and route the usb from my pedals directly to the computer. The connection from control box to computer is old school USB 2.

Yep! That's what Fanatec told me to do as well. Go straight to the computer. Less lag.
The next problem is USB ports. Especially when running VR. I had to get a powered hub.
Thinking of getting another one for 2.0?

Oh! And one more question!
Does Accuforce also need to be using a 2.0 USB port?
I found out the hard way about using a 3.0 port with my Fanatec wheel. Cut out half the signal from the software.

I don’t think I tried both. I have just gone on the assumption that if it works well, then it must be good enough :)

Seriously though: the only issues I’ve had with AccuForce or Sim Commander has been A) a jerk of the wheel when crossing the start/finish Only if lap telemetry was being recorded by SC4 (I leave that feature off now unless I’m trying to auto-tune), and B) for some reason Custom Shader Patch doesn’t load correctly in Content Manager if Assetto Corsa is launched from within SC4. This seems to be new since updates to both CSP and SC4. Not sure which is the culprit. So I boot CM/AC and then just click on my chosen profile in SC4. Works fine.

For the owners of Accuforce V2s, please spell out exactly the cabling needs for running an Accuforce V2 along with Fanatec pedals and shifter. That would really help me understand what i need on the computer i am getting.

The Fanatec shifter has such and such power cord and 1 USB 2.0 and the USB plugs into the computer (not into the Accuforce contoller box).

I am pretty confused as to what i am getting into regarding all the new cables, this is my first time to do anything like that, all new to me. Given the above setup, what cords come out of each device (power, usb, etc) and where exactly should they plug into?

This is still relevant to the Accuforce thread since i want to know how the Accuforce unit and controller box work in relation to the other cabling and devices like the Fanatec pedals. Do they plug into the Accuforce controller box or directly into the computer as was said above.

Spell it out like it is Sim Racing for Dummies ;)

Thanks in advance for the advice on this one!

Randy

I don’t have a shifter. But I do run Fanatec pedals.

1. SHIFTER: It appears that you will need a Fanatec USB adapter (Shifter natively plugs into only the Fanatec wheel bases). That allows you to plug the shifter directly to your PC via USB 2.0.

2. PEDALS: USB 2.0 cable plugs directly to your PC.

3. ACCUFORCE WHEEL: the cables between the wheel and the wheel base is done with provided telephone cable. AF Wheel base to Accuforce Control Box is done with provided multi pin cable.

4. ACCUFORCE CONTROL BOX: USB 2.0 plugs directly into the PC.

In my experience, plugging any of these USB cables into the PC has worked using USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports. So to clarify - the mention of USB 2.0 above was addressing the cable connector type on the hardware/peripheral end.

I don’t have a shifter. But I do run Fanatec pedals.

1. SHIFTER: It appears that you will need a Fanatec USB adapter (Shifter natively plugs into only the Fanatec wheel bases). That allows you to plug the shifter directly to your PC via USB 2.0.

2. PEDALS: USB 2.0 cable plugs directly to your PC.

3. ACCUFORCE WHEEL: the cables between the wheel and the wheel base is done with provided telephone cable. AF Wheel base to Accuforce Control Box is done with provided multi pin cable.

4. ACCUFORCE CONTROL BOX: USB 2.0 plugs directly into the PC.

In my experience, plugging any of these USB cables into the PC has worked using USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports. So to clarify - the mention of USB 2.0 above was addressing the cable connector type on the hardware/peripheral end.

Thanks!

Randy

According to a SimXperience owner forum entry,
that AccuForce V2 controller USB "hub" port needs PC connection
ONLY when using the AF V2 steering wheel button box backside USB port,
which would be a bad place to plug USB shifters or pedals,
and is presumably intended for add-on LED and/or LCD rim accessories.
As a DIY purchaser (neither Accuforce rim nor button box), I cannot confirm that,
but it seems peculiar, since signals for both button box and backside USB port
presumably share the same 6-conductor coil cord..?

Meanwhile, my pedals are analog...

Hello everyone. This is an off the wall question about the Accuforce and I feel kind of dumb for asking but, are there after market wheel options for the AF Pro V2? I remember seeing a Fanatec conversion kit for the now discontinued McLaren rim, but I am wondering if there is anything else out there? Asking the internet just gave me confusing results, and not much that specifically said it would work for the Accuforce.

EDIT - To clarify, by wheel I mean a button box/plate with paddles and a wheel rim. Something as close to plug and play, as possible. Maybe not including an install or swap of the quick release.

Also, wasn't there some sort of pass through kit for the Accuforce? Maybe that was just on the V1.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back