Accuforce V2 Pro

I just sold my Fanatec V1, V2.5 and a couple of rims for near cost of an Accuforce but have to wait a couple months.
Just wanted to know what to expect. It's my first DD.
Got a chuckle when I read there's a safe mode for friends.
Oh boy! What am I getting myself into? Lol!

Yeah. I would be surprised if you had an issue. I run mine quite a bit - with no shutdown between sessions all day. I’ve never had an overheating issue. Circuit boards frying is another matter. That’s likely the silicone lottery unless the fanatec build was allowing excessive heat. The Accuforce is pretty well vented. And although the PS fan is loud - it seems effective.

The V2 had over heating issues for sure because the v2.5 had better cooling, but I was always wondering if I was pushing it too hard, which was a bit of a distraction. It will be nice to not have to worry about that. I was too afraid to do anymore dirt oval with the v2.5.
Really looking forward to driving as hard and long as I want!

Really looking forward to driving as hard and long as I want!

Congratulation for graduating to the top level of FFB driving wheel. Being able to drive at any, even insane, strength level without having to even think if it would damage my wheel, would be on the top of the list of why I would ever go for a DD wheel.
Now all you have left to worry about is for the strength of your DD wheel base to destroy your rig! LOL.

I am setting up and buying an entire sim racing rig for the first time, and after months of youtube watching and reading, i got really enthused about the Accuforce V2. Great price and all the reviews i saw really really loved it (other than the loud fan basically). For $999 for everything, it is super appealing to me to just jump right into a really well done DD wheel. And, it should last me a long long time to boot.

The company that makes it seems very legit (total opposite of the Chinese feeling of the Sim Magic), and the wheel seems very well made and plenty enough that i will ever want or need, so a great initial wheel if you have the $1K

Couple questions:

Would you advise to not buy the accuforce v2 for any reason?

How bad is the fan noise? Will i hear it over the PC speakers if i am not in VR? Will i hear it in VR with an Index style headphone (kinda away from the ear a bit)? I am figuring if i can't hear it in game, then so what, since the only time the wheel will be 'on' is during an actual race. I would think you could easily switch it off when just in the pits, etc and not hear it, so if it is not overpowering the race sounds at all (in or out of VR), then it should be fine. I really don't like loud computers, i always build silent ones, so don't want it to be so loud that it overpowers the racing sounds.

Randy
:)

I am setting up and buying an entire sim racing rig for the first time, and after months of youtube watching and reading, i got really enthused about the Accuforce V2. Great price and all the reviews i saw really really loved it (other than the loud fan basically). For $999 for everything, it is super appealing to me to just jump right into a really well done DD wheel. And, it should last me a long long time to boot.

The company that makes it seems very legit (total opposite of the Chinese feeling of the Sim Magic), and the wheel seems very well made and plenty enough that i will ever want or need, so a great initial wheel if you have the $1K

Couple questions:

Would you advise to not buy the accuforce v2 for any reason?

How bad is the fan noise? Will i hear it over the PC speakers if i am not in VR? Will i hear it in VR with an Index style headphone (kinda away from the ear a bit)? I am figuring if i can't hear it in game, then so what, since the only time the wheel will be 'on' is during an actual race. I would think you could easily switch it off when just in the pits, etc and not hear it, so if it is not overpowering the race sounds at all (in or out of VR), then it should be fine. I really don't like loud computers, i always build silent ones, so don't want it to be so loud that it overpowers the racing sounds.

Randy

Its funny, I never notice the fan noise at all.
Sure, its there, its just your brain can filer things out when concentrating on other things.

I also have a full motion system with sim wind (which is very noisy) and its never really bothered me as such.

The fan is powered with the main PS unit - so it’s on while you’re using the wheel/buttons. its really not so loud - especially since the provided connection cables are a healthy length. It’s just the one thing that stood out in an otherwise very solid package. I would consider it a very minor gripe. I definitely do not hear it while in VR - or even when my anemic monitor speakers are on.

UPDATE on the update:

The version of SC4 I just updated to (4.2.6?) seems to have dropped the “Owner’s Club” feature. Maybe we should get a thread going over in the Hardware section that posts settings for various cars/tracks? I did find it valuable to compare and contrast to other owners tweaks. There would have to be a standardized post format so it didn’t get too confusing.

The fan is powered with the main PS unit - so it’s on while you’re using the wheel/buttons. its really not so loud - especially since the provided connection cables are a healthy length. It’s just the one thing that stood out in an otherwise very solid package. I would consider it a very minor gripe. I definitely do not hear it while in VR - or even when my anemic monitor speakers are on.

UPDATE on the update:

The version of SC4 I just updated to (4.2.6?) seems to have dropped the “Owner’s Club” feature. Maybe we should get a thread going over in the Hardware section that posts settings for various cars/tracks? I did find it valuable to compare and contrast to other owners tweaks. There would have to be a standardized post format so it didn’t get too confusing.
I just bought the v2 a couple weeks ago and I have access to an owner website. Is this the owners club you're talking about?

This review really sold me! Vegaguy don't miss this one, then you will really have trouble waiting...:)

Randy

Thanks for the video! I started watching it before but didn't have time. Since it's Saturday morning I watched the whole thing.
Thank you! And you're right! It's not making the wait any easier!! Lol!

On topic of fan noise. Dealing with nice quiet fans in the V1 and 2 Fanatec's, both burnt out! Then I got the noisy fan v2.5, which worked very nice. The fans were more noticable and I couldn't move it away because it was in the wheel base. And I think I remember hearing them in VR? And was concerned about pushing the wheel too hard being that I burnt out two of them earlier. Lol! But, according to the video we can update the fan which is comforting to know.

Did you order your Accuforce yet? If so, how long do you have to wait? I'm in Canada so it might be longer for me?

On topic of fan noise. Dealing with nice quiet fans in the V1 and 2 Fanatec's, both burnt out! Then I got the noisy fan v2.5, which worked very nice. The fans were more noticable and I couldn't move it away because it was in the wheel base. And I think I remember hearing them in VR? And was concerned about pushing the wheel too hard being that I burnt out two of them earlier. Lol! But, according to the video we can update the fan which is comforting to know.
I'm astonished that it's possible to burn out the motors in any modern wheel base.
Is there no temperature sensor at all? Or even a hard-wired thermal cut-out?

if you are talking about SimXperience on the web - that’s different. There was a feature of SimCommander4 that allowed you to look up, then Download profiles from other owners. And of course you could upload your own to share with others. That feature seems to have been removed from the software.

I just bought the v2 a couple weeks ago and I have access to an owner website. Is this the owners club you're talking about?

I'm astonished that it's possible to burn out the motors in any modern wheel base.
Is there no temperature sensor at all? Or even a hard-wired thermal cut-out?
I guess not in the first V1 and 2? Both burnt out motors and circuit boards.
The V1 was 5 years ago and the v2 was last summer.
I just realized this is my second summer without a wheel.

I will want to tap into whatever accuforce community there is so that we can share setups in different games, different cars, etc, and just share tips...

Also, as to the fan, you apparently can set the control unit (with the fan) pretty far away from where your rig is, so that is another way to minimize any fan noise (assuming it is actually heard over the speakers at all), plus you can apparently change the fan out (however that voids the warranty).

Vegaguy, no, haven't ordered yet, since Jeff Ford's (the guy helping me put the whole system together) wife just had a stroke, so haven't talked to him since he let me know that. Sending prayers to him and his wife. Once Jeff is ready to work again, i will work with Jeff to order it (he may have one already and not even need to order i am thinking). Jeff has a huge inventory of sim racing and computer gear.

If i do need to order it myself, what is the wait time right now for a new one?

Randy

I will want to tap into whatever accuforce community there is so that we can share setups in different games, different cars, etc, and just share tips...

Also, as to the fan, you apparently can set the control unit (with the fan) pretty far away from where your rig is, so that is another way to minimize any fan noise (assuming it is actually heard over the speakers at all), plus you can apparently change the fan out (however that voids the warranty).

Vegaguy, no, haven't ordered yet, since Jeff Ford's (the guy helping me put the whole system together) wife just had a stroke, so haven't talked to him since he let me know that. Sending prayers to him and his wife. Once Jeff is ready to work again, i will work with Jeff to order it (he may have one already and not even need to order i am thinking). Jeff has a huge inventory of sim racing and computer gear.

If i do need to order it myself, what is the wait time right now for a new one?

Randy

Having the community available is great but the new Cloud tuning feature is so good you may never need it. The difference to iRacing and Assetto Corsa ffb is noticeable and certainly feels better than I managed to extract from it.

AMS2 and RF2 aren't as well supported yet and I'd imagine they'll, due to the lower number playing them, take longer to get good information for many of the different options.

Having the community available is great but the new Cloud tuning feature is so good you may never need it. The difference to iRacing and Assetto Corsa ffb is noticeable and certainly feels better than I managed to extract from it.

AMS2 and RF2 aren't as well supported yet and I'd imagine they'll, due to the lower number playing them, take longer to get good information for many of the different options.

can you explain how the Cloud tuning works? I saw that mentioned - but have not had time to mess with it. If it replaces Owner’s Club - and better yet, improves on it, great.

I guess not in the first V1 and 2? Both burnt out motors and circuit boards.
The V1 was 5 years ago and the v2 was last summer.
I just realized this is my second summer without a wheel.
Hmm, I reckon that's straight-up appalling design then. If you dump enough power into something to fry it, you should have some kind of protection system in place. The wheels are too expensive and the protection required is too cheap for me to be able to make any sense out of it. Are Fanatec really that nuts?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back