Accuforce steering wheel

simxperience just come to display their prices !

-- AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949

--AccuForce Pro - $1749

--AccuForce DIY - A DIY Kit of Motor, Controller and Cables. - $1449

not cheap, but he kept his promise. below 2k. I'm looking forward to the tests now ....

@Saleem Hodge I race a Thrustmaster T500 which burned up some month ago. Got a replacement unit but still..the inside is plastic gear etc. This Accuforce...what a technology. I do understand your decision. The Accuforce is quality far beyond the regular commercial wheels available. And im sure you wont regret this purchase!!

Upvote 0
@Saleem Hodge I race a Thrustmaster T500 which burned up some month ago. Got a replacement unit but still..the inside is plastic gear etc. This Accuforce...what a technology. I do understand your decision. The Accuforce is quality far beyond the regular commercial wheels available. And im sure you wont regret this purchase!!
Yeah feel your pain. My Fanatec CSW died at the beginning of the year and is dying again at the end of the year :( so I have learned my lesson. That system was quite a bit of money and more than I thought I needed but alas it wasn't.

Upvote 0
how much steering force you race with?
I had it set to 70 in game and 100 on the wheel. No session went past two hours and never straight through. Lot's of tweaking in the pits and so on. There is no denying the motors they used were terrible. It looks like they have corrected this for future buyers but I am forever burned and will not be giving them anymore of my money. I also had my CS SQ shiftier bite the dust last week and my wheel has just about not force feedback left in it. Waiting for my shifiter to get back to me.

Upvote 0
I have a revised csw v1 (sort of a 1.5) set on 40 % steering force
and a css 1.5
they're doing outstanding but I only just got back behind the simwheel so
can't say that much about durability yet
Yeah, at this point I'm all about getting stuff that is consistent and will last for many years. I hope no one else runs into the problems I've been having.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I don't think any lower priced wheel under $1000 is going to be able to compete with the Accuforce wheel in reliability. There is a trade-off to keeping cost down which is why you see lower prices wheels fail more often. That being said, The Fanatec CSW v1 and the Clubsport pedals are just notoriously failure prone. Reports of them breaking and needing some repair are all over the internet. The other Fanatec wheels and pedals seem to hold up pretty well so it seems isolated to those two products mostly. I'm really hopeful the CSW v2 is a lot more reliable but I'm thinking it will be since it seems they addressed most all of the issues that caused failure in the CSW v1. That being said, I would imagine it still won't be as reliable as the Accuforce.

Upvote 0
Everybody is assuming that because it doesn't have gears it is the holy grail of durability. Without a gear ratio you have to have a stronger motor, hence more amps and more heat and stronger power supply. I assume they have addressed all the issues with this but there is no way of knowing yet. Time will tell.

Upvote 0
Everybody is assuming that because it doesn't have gears it is the holy grail of durability. Without a gear ratio you have to have a stronger motor, hence more amps and more heat and stronger power supply. I assume they have addressed all the issues with this but there is no way of knowing yet. Time will tell.
I'm under no illusions regarding that. But one can assume a servo motor that is rated for industrial use can hold up to sim racing at a much lower than max power.

Upvote 0
I'm under no illusions regarding that. But one can assume a servo motor that is rated for industrial use can hold up to sim racing at a much lower than max power.

And the fact that Bernie doesn't mass produce his products and can afford to take his time in development and testing tells me that he will make sure its reliable. I don't read about people with his SimXperience motion simulators breaking down and needing maintenance or repair. He builds his products for extreme use and I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the Accuforce is the real deal.

Upvote 0
Of course, SimXperience gear is high-end so their exposure to issues is going to be greatly reduced by volume. That aside, they certainly have a proven track-record and the fact that they continue to stress-test the AccuForce beyond early-estimated release certainly suggest that they are serious about long-term durability.

The motor itself is quite simple and the lack of complex gears, pulleys, belts, etc., makes sense for durability. The complexity is in the control and software design and I think SimX has the goods there too. Early tests have shown that the heat generated by the motor itself is minimal.

Also, the included software package features support for all the Sim-rig add-ons one could want. It seems to me that this wheel combined with a G-seat and OculusRift CV1 is going to round out a compact but, potent Race Rig.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing