Accuforce Settings

Just got my Accuforce setup, did a first test with it using Automobilista and I have a few questions:

First, just to make things clear, I am not currently using the settings from Settings -> Sim Device Manager - AccuForce Steering System. I know this for sure because I have the wheel set to 900 degrees there but 360 degrees in my particular profiles' output settings -> output mixer.

1) It doesn't matter if I set the game's FFB to 1%, 100% or anything in-between, FFB strength will not change. The only time it changes is if I set in-game to 0% (no FFB occurs) or a negative percentage in which case the FFB becomes negative but still always at seemingly full power (even at -1%)

2) I added the road bump effect, enabled it, set it to 400% and it did nothing. I checked the toggle-switch both ways (on and off position) and it made no difference.

3) What's the difference between the Game Force Feedback Smoothing effect and the regular smoothing next to the AccuForce Steering Wheel toggle-switch?

4) What does the Game Force Feedback effect do? I don't have that effect currently listed for AMS but saw it in a picture and I'm still getting FFB.

5) I have alt-tabbed out of game and went to Device Settings (next to the Effects tab), the wheel mode is always blank even though I selected default.

6) Whenever I go to check other people's setups, it's completely empty. There aren't even games listed in the games list drop-down (I have the Owner's Club option enabled and I'm logged in). I see one game called "My Game Definition" which is the name of one of my profiles, weird. Where are all the games?

7) Out of all the different effects possible (inertia, friction, engine RPM, lateral g-force, traction loss, etc.) how do I know which ones of those are part of, and therefore need, Steering Feedback Foundation enabled? I'm aware that Steering Feedback Foundation is to ignore the game's FFB and use Accuforce's own interpretation of FFB therefore shouldn't there be a suite of settings specifically for Steering Feedback Foundation mode?

8) When manually adding a game (Sim Commander found none) by pointing to it's exe, do I always have to also select the plugin from the Game Plugin dropdown or does that plugin only have to be added for special circumstances?

9) How do I power the AccuForce control box besides literally unplugging the power cord every time?

10) Clicking the question mark that says "More Information About the Chosen Effect" doesn't do anything.

Sorry about all the questions. I've watched quite a bit of video overviews and tutorials/tips but haven't been able to find many answers.

Sorry if I missed it but, what game are you referring to? Auto-rotation (steering-lock) works differently in some titles; some require file edits to enable while others may work well with an average wheel-rotation setting (540 degrees for example). Others may work by adjusting steering-lock per car while saving your preference.

IIRC, iRacing / AC's soft-lock should work automatically. rF2 may still require custom file edits (not sure if S397 updated the AF preset). AMS works pretty well for me with about 600 degrees set in the wheel-driver.

SC4 can save custom profiles per game / per car / per track / per setup, etc., so it's just a matter of how you want to set things up. Use SC4 to launch the game or you can alt+tab to SC4 and launch the desired profile at any time. You can also define other supporting programs for SC4 to run for you when launching profiles.
I mainly play AMS and rF2, more on rF2 right now because of GT3's. I tried your set up and it feels good. Without the SC4 software my rotation stays at 900 deg(what I have in settings-wheel-device) no matter what car I use for both games. The in-game auto rotation does not work for me so i let my profiles active while playing. I thought there's some lines I need to change in config files of the game.
edit. Do you have that sudden wheel spin in ACC when you're on the car then escaping to menu? That's why I'm avoiding ACC for now. Not just me but some other AF owners.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mainly play AMS and rF2, more on rF2 right now because of GT3's. I tried your set up and it feels good. Without the SC4 software my rotation stays at 900 deg(what I have in settings-wheel-device) no matter what car I use for both games. The in-game auto rotation does not work for me so i let my profiles active while playing. I thought there's some lines I need to change in config files of the game.
edit. Do you have that sudden wheel spin in ACC when you're on the car then escaping to menu? That's why I'm avoiding ACC for now. Not just me but some other AF owners.
I did alter the rF2 AccuForce Preset using the recommended json parameters (Auto steer-lock) as outlined by S397 for OSW wheels and can confirm that it does work with the AccuForce. I had to use the 1440 degree rotation setting in order to have the virtual wheel sync with my wheel (not recommended by SimX).

I don't play ACC very much at all and it's been some time since I tried it. I do recall having had some issues with it though.

Upvote 0
I did alter the rF2 AccuForce Preset using the recommended json parameters (Auto steer-lock) as outlined by S397 for OSW wheels and can confirm that it does work with the AccuForce. I had to use the 1440 degree rotation setting in order to have the virtual wheel sync with my wheel (not recommended by SimX).

I don't play ACC very much at all and it's been some time since I tried it. I do recall having had some issues with it though.
This is probably my mistake. I created my own preset. I'll delete the json files, verify integrity files and start fresh with AF preset. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have an issue with Raceroom and Automobilist 1 that the ffb tends to want to drop the wheel into the turn.
In AMS I have the ffb to -100 in game
But I can't dial out the control, it is the opposite of self centering it wants to turn. I dialed out most oscillations on straights but this is making me mental with just not understanding what I need to adjust, and "auto tuning" accuforce is doing nothing to fix that. The FFB effects work well, but this general steering issue is ruining the game altogether.
No issues in AMS 2 or assetto

Upvote 0
I have an issue with Raceroom and Automobilist 1 that the ffb tends to want to drop the wheel into the turn.
In AMS I have the ffb to -100 in game
But I can't dial out the control, it is the opposite of self centering it wants to turn. I dialed out most oscillations on straights but this is making me mental with just not understanding what I need to adjust, and "auto tuning" accuforce is doing nothing to fix that. The FFB effects work well, but this general steering issue is ruining the game altogether.
No issues in AMS 2 or assetto

Is there an "invert force feedback" option in automobilista? When I was using the Accuforce Pro it worked perfectly in Raceroom, I don't have Automobilista

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i will try this in raceroom, i think it is how i have it set, thanks, now in Automobilista it is "invert FFB" i have it set at 100, but still weird.
some one commented over in the Reiza forums, but i am not understanding what they did.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing