Accuforce Settings

Just got my Accuforce setup, did a first test with it using Automobilista and I have a few questions:

First, just to make things clear, I am not currently using the settings from Settings -> Sim Device Manager - AccuForce Steering System. I know this for sure because I have the wheel set to 900 degrees there but 360 degrees in my particular profiles' output settings -> output mixer.

1) It doesn't matter if I set the game's FFB to 1%, 100% or anything in-between, FFB strength will not change. The only time it changes is if I set in-game to 0% (no FFB occurs) or a negative percentage in which case the FFB becomes negative but still always at seemingly full power (even at -1%)

2) I added the road bump effect, enabled it, set it to 400% and it did nothing. I checked the toggle-switch both ways (on and off position) and it made no difference.

3) What's the difference between the Game Force Feedback Smoothing effect and the regular smoothing next to the AccuForce Steering Wheel toggle-switch?

4) What does the Game Force Feedback effect do? I don't have that effect currently listed for AMS but saw it in a picture and I'm still getting FFB.

5) I have alt-tabbed out of game and went to Device Settings (next to the Effects tab), the wheel mode is always blank even though I selected default.

6) Whenever I go to check other people's setups, it's completely empty. There aren't even games listed in the games list drop-down (I have the Owner's Club option enabled and I'm logged in). I see one game called "My Game Definition" which is the name of one of my profiles, weird. Where are all the games?

7) Out of all the different effects possible (inertia, friction, engine RPM, lateral g-force, traction loss, etc.) how do I know which ones of those are part of, and therefore need, Steering Feedback Foundation enabled? I'm aware that Steering Feedback Foundation is to ignore the game's FFB and use Accuforce's own interpretation of FFB therefore shouldn't there be a suite of settings specifically for Steering Feedback Foundation mode?

8) When manually adding a game (Sim Commander found none) by pointing to it's exe, do I always have to also select the plugin from the Game Plugin dropdown or does that plugin only have to be added for special circumstances?

9) How do I power the AccuForce control box besides literally unplugging the power cord every time?

10) Clicking the question mark that says "More Information About the Chosen Effect" doesn't do anything.

Sorry about all the questions. I've watched quite a bit of video overviews and tutorials/tips but haven't been able to find many answers.

Just got my Accuforce setup, did a first test with it using Automobilista and I have a few questions:

First, just to make things clear, I am not currently using the settings from Settings -> Sim Device Manager - AccuForce Steering System. I know this for sure because I have the wheel set to 900 degrees there but 360 degrees in my particular profiles' output settings -> output mixer.

1) It doesn't matter if I set the game's FFB to 1%, 100% or anything in-between, FFB strength will not change. The only time it changes is if I set in-game to 0% (no FFB occurs) or a negative percentage in which case the FFB becomes negative but still always at seemingly full power (even at -1%)

2) I added the road bump effect, enabled it, set it to 400% and it did nothing. I checked the toggle-switch both ways (on and off position) and it made no difference.

3) What's the difference between the Game Force Feedback Smoothing effect and the regular smoothing next to the AccuForce Steering Wheel toggle-switch?

4) What does the Game Force Feedback effect do? I don't have that effect currently listed for AMS but saw it in a picture and I'm still getting FFB.

5) I have alt-tabbed out of game and went to Device Settings (next to the Effects tab), the wheel mode is always blank even though I selected default.

6) Whenever I go to check other people's setups, it's completely empty. There aren't even games listed in the games list drop-down (I have the Owner's Club option enabled and I'm logged in). I see one game called "My Game Definition" which is the name of one of my profiles, weird. Where are all the games?

7) Out of all the different effects possible (inertia, friction, engine RPM, lateral g-force, traction loss, etc.) how do I know which ones of those are part of, and therefore need, Steering Feedback Foundation enabled? I'm aware that Steering Feedback Foundation is to ignore the game's FFB and use Accuforce's own interpretation of FFB therefore shouldn't there be a suite of settings specifically for Steering Feedback Foundation mode?

8) When manually adding a game (Sim Commander found none) by pointing to it's exe, do I always have to also select the plugin from the Game Plugin dropdown or does that plugin only have to be added for special circumstances?

9) How do I power the AccuForce control box besides literally unplugging the power cord every time?

10) Clicking the question mark that says "More Information About the Chosen Effect" doesn't do anything.

Sorry about all the questions. I've watched quite a bit of video overviews and tutorials/tips but haven't been able to find many answers.
Check this site for Accuforce Settings for dummies. Helped me a lot.
http://www.mockracer.com/

edit.

Upvote 0

Not sure I’ll be able to help with many of these questions - but I also just got an AccuForce V2. Been messing with various settings to try to get it dialed in. I’m using Assetto Corsa.

To be clear: the setting you mention in your 2nd paragraph (that you are NOT using) is only active when the sim commander software is not open. If you make some tweaks in that area - hit the “save to device” button, it will be the default, internal settings that the wheel uses in conjunction with any settings you make in-game. It’s the simplest way to use the system, and removes all the Sim Commander complications.

Question: have you done some laps with sim commander open, and then created a new profile, and used the “auto” feature to create new settings for you based on the lap? I made a new, default setting for a car. Selected “best laps....” from the drop down menu. That logs the laps. Then I drove a few clean laps. Went back into SC and had it create an auto-tune. It definitely had plenty of force after that (when I double-clicked the icon to make sure that was the setting being used - SEE BELOW).

The feedback effects/controls that are created in the main windows of Sim Commander are enabled in game by double-clicking on the icons/names that represent the created profiles on that main carousel window. The way I have successfully gotten them to work (after creating them) is to have the game closed, double click the icon, it opens the game automatically and the settings are present and working. This may lead to answers to you question #2.

3) I believe the 2 effects at the very top (intensity and smoothing) are an overall adjustment - i.e. they intensify and/or smooth all the effects that have been set in the individual settings below them. I think of it like mixing music. All the instruments are balanced well, but I just want the overall volume down a bit. Make sense?

7) you can add any/all the various effects with the “add” button at the top of the window. I don’t think there is a set that is required, it’s more to your liking/needs. Again, this would only be for the particular profile. So only accessed in-game via the icon.

8) I didn’t even know about a game plugin drop down!

9) my System came with a small IEC to IEC jumper cable that has an on/off switch on it. Although helpful, it’s painfully short and so barely easier than getting to the main connection at the power supply.

10). There is literally zero info in the question mark buttons. The guy on the Dummies page mentions it too. A tease of sorts I guess, considering how complicated the whole program is :)

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. I’ll be continuing to tweak and find out more - so maybe we can be in this together!

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Scott

Upvote 0
1 &2 &4) You may have a profile loaded/set but it isn't loading. Look for the "attaching to running game" message, otherwise you're just running using the default hardware settings
6) When searching for setups, make sure you list the game on the drop down as well as accuforce. There's also a box that enables search with more than just the accuforce. Enable that and you will see more results.
7)Game Force Feedback, Game Smoothing, Inertia, Friction and Dampening are the basics. Start there and work your way up. Foundation Force Feedback is an alternative FFB for games with lousy or no FFB.
9)buy a switch connector on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Eonvic-Power...+switch+cord&qid=1565835989&s=gateway&sr=8-26

My recommendation. Start simple. Your making your life way too hard at the moment and are going to be unhappy chasing all these things.

Go to Device Manager>SimSteering
-Mode High
-Power 70%
-Smoothing 16.5%
-Rotation 900deg
-Inertia, Friction,Dampening = 1.2%

Hit "Save Settings to Controller" and close SimCommander. Now, just go play some games and see how everything feels. You'll probably find it's pretty good at this point and if you want you can open back up SimCommander and start creating separate profiles to tweak things.

Upvote 0

This on/off came with my Accuforce V2.

7)Game Force Feedback, Game Smoothing, Inertia, Friction and Dampening are the basics. Start there and work your way up. Foundation Force Feedback is an alternative FFB for games with lousy or no FFB.

TLSMikey,

I think your recommendation is a great place to start. But I have some questions about when it's time to explore SC a little more?

1. What's the best place to start with in-game FFB settings - if the game has decent FFB? I assume the major players have decent FFB (AC, rF2, Automobilista etc)? I guess my major confusion is how SC FFB works in conjunction with in-game settings. And does one or the other have priority, and how that works?

2. Is it best to set in-game to a nominal setting (say, 50% - or more/less?), drive a few logged laps and then run autotune to have SC determine how much to +/- from that setting? And then always leave the in-game setting alone?

3. Or is there a better procedure to get the most out of SC?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I think it will help everyone who is new to this software/hardware combo.

Upvote 0
Run Sim Commander 4. Click on Control Center. Click on New. Click on Get from owner's club online. Pick a specific game and then put a single checkmark in the accuforce column. The setups which come up when you press search are pretty amazing. Try a few (more recent are often better due to updates in game software). I suggest finding a setup you like and then doing minor tweaking....

Note: You may already be doing this. If not, TRY it ASAP!

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. OK, I've made a bit of progress after more thoroughly looking into things. I still have quite a few questions but I'll ask one at time so we take it one step at a time and not overwhelm myself (or others with a thousand questions) :)

OK, first thing. I understand the settings from Settings -> Sim Device Manager - AccuForce Steering System are only used if a profile isn't selected or SimCommander isn't booted up at all. I currently have that settings' intensity set to 10% and degrees to 900 this is so I can easily notice in-game if I'm using those settings by mistake since my current games' profile settings uses intensity 100% and degrees at 420.

The first issue/question is that I have not added any effects to keep things simple but my FFB strength doesn't change as I adjust the FFB setrength in-game in Automobilista. I tried in-game from 1% to 100% and it strangely has no effect on the FFB. Remember, I am not using Steering Feedback Foundation so the FFB should be normal FFB from the game so this makes no sense to me at the moment...

Upvote 0
This on/off came with my Accuforce V2.

TLSMikey,

I think your recommendation is a great place to start. But I have some questions about when it's time to explore SC a little more?

1. What's the best place to start with in-game FFB settings - if the game has decent FFB? I assume the major players have decent FFB (AC, rF2, Automobilista etc)? I guess my major confusion is how SC FFB works in conjunction with in-game settings. And does one or the other have priority, and how that works?

2. Is it best to set in-game to a nominal setting (say, 50% - or more/less?), drive a few logged laps and then run autotune to have SC determine how much to +/- from that setting? And then always leave the in-game setting alone?

3. Or is there a better procedure to get the most out of SC?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I think it will help everyone who is new to this software/hardware combo.

Game FFB Setting is basically your power setting for the default force feedback from a game. I run game FFB exclusively and don't use "foundation steering". Typically, I run this at 95 or 100% and adjust the power in the game to around 60-70% which is where I want to be in terms of power. By doing this, you eliminate any soft clipping from within the game and get the full range of feedback. In AMS for example, I run 70% power inside the game and 95% in SC4.

I don't use autotune unless i'm doing an iRacing car. iRacing adjusts power based upon the maximum force coming out of the steering column, so the slider under the game ffb setting has a separate power adjustment. Use the autotune here based upon a completed lap and it'll select the right force. Then you just turn the game ffb setting higher or lower for what you want.

Upvote 0
I just tested other games, and the same thing is happening: adjusting in-game FFB strength doesn't change anything. FFB is always running at full power or whatever strength ("intensity") I have it set to in the AF control panel.

I tried using Accuforce's internal saved settings instead of custom profiles to see if that changes anything but it didn't; in-game overall FFB strength adjustments are still not doing anything.

From what I understand about the Accuforce, all stuff FFB from our games should still work like with any other wheel (cheap wheel, DD wheel, etc.) unless I enable Steering Feedback Foundation - only then should in-game FFB be completely ignored by the wheel...

Upvote 0
I just tested other games, and the same thing is happening: adjusting in-game FFB strength doesn't change anything. FFB is always running at full power or whatever strength ("intensity") I have it set to in the AF control panel.

I tried using Accuforce's internal saved settings instead of custom profiles to see if that changes anything but it didn't; in-game overall FFB strength adjustments are still not doing anything.

From what I understand about the Accuforce, all stuff FFB from our games should still work like with any other wheel (cheap wheel, DD wheel, etc.) unless I enable Steering Feedback Foundation - only then should in-game FFB be completely ignored by the wheel...

Nope, you've got it wrong a bit. If you turn off SC4, it will use the hardware settings provided in the simdevice tab and operate like any other wheel. If you are running SC4 and it has attached to game (look for that message on SC4 to verify), then the power is changed with the game ffb slider (assuming you have steering feedback foundation off). Steering feedback foundation is an alternative to game ffb and has it's own slider, so make sure you aren't running both.

Upvote 0
Nope, you've got it wrong a bit. If you turn off SC4, it will use the hardware settings provided in the simdevice tab and operate like any other wheel. If you are running SC4 and it has attached to game (look for that message on SC4 to verify), then the power is changed with the game ffb slider (assuming you have steering feedback foundation off). Steering feedback foundation is an alternative to game ffb and has it's own slider, so make sure you aren't running both.
That's all what I said. Which part am I wrong about???

Upvote 0

Be careful in rfactor2 the speed sensitivity must be turned of.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what's going on. I'm using the hardware-saved settings of my AF and none of my games respond to in-game FFB changes. I'm using the in-built hardware settings (no output mixer effects). Some games have FFB but in-game strength adjustment does nothing (Automobilista), other games don't even have any FFB at all except what seems like damper and/or friction (GTR2, GT Legends).

I tried it with SimComm opened and not open (shouldn't make a difference as long as you don't select the game or profile from SimComm).

I even disconnected all my other controllers (shifter, pedals) so that the AF was the only controller detected by the games and still no difference.

Be careful in rfactor2 the speed sensitivity must be turned of.
Yep :).

Upvote 0
I don't understand what's going on. I'm using the hardware-saved settings of my AF and none of my games respond to in-game FFB changes. I'm using the in-built hardware settings (no output mixer effects). Some games have FFB but in-game strength adjustment does nothing (Automobilista), other games don't even have any FFB at all except what seems like damper and/or friction (GTR2, GT Legends).

I tried it with SimComm opened and not open (shouldn't make a difference as long as you don't select the game or profile from SimComm).

I even disconnected all my other controllers (shifter, pedals) so that the AF was the only controller detected by the games and still no difference.

Yep :).
Have you contacted Simxperience? They have a great client support.
Do you run any motion? I remember that you have motion so maybe it can be EMI .
I have motion and at the beginning I have my AccuForce controller box close to my pc and my MD box( motion controller box)... and my AccuForce some times was without ffb and some times wasn’t responding to any input..... then I put my servo driver motion on the other side of my rig( far from my pc and AccuForce controller box) and finally it worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
Ya, I have motion but it's completely disconnected at the moment from PC and power.

I have the box around 4-6 ft from the PC. I messaged in the official SimExperience forums.
Hopefully it's just some issue with SimExperience and a SimCommander update will fix it.

Upvote 0
It sounds like your AccuForce system is stuck utilizing SC4-telemetry FFB instead of the game's FFB output (never seen that before but, it's the only way I can imagine that result happening). Normally, reducing the game-FFB strength should lower wheel forces like any other FFB-wheel.

Once you have updated or re-installed SC4, be sure that only the "Game FFB" is enabled in SC4 and test the game output again. The results should reflect changes in FFB-strength output accordingly.

IMO, rF2 / AMS / AC / ACC don't require the addition of telemetry-based FFB-effects (generally speaking) but, those can still be used to enhance or reduce / increase certain effects. iRacing, Dirt Rally and some other titles can definitely benefit from some additional effects or even, use full telemetry-based FFB.

Keep in mind that not all titles support all telemetry-based effects so the results may vary from one title to another.

Upvote 0
My recommendation. Start simple. Your making your life way too hard at the moment and are going to be unhappy chasing all these things.

Go to Device Manager>SimSteering
-Mode High
-Power 70%
-Smoothing 16.5%
-Rotation 900deg
-Inertia, Friction,Dampening = 1.2%

I tried this and it's good, thanks, but auto rotation in-game does not work for me. Is there anything I need to change somewhere?

Upvote 0
I tried this and it's good, thanks, but auto rotation in-game does not work for me. Is there anything I need to change somewhere?
Sorry if I missed it but, what game are you referring to? Auto-rotation (steering-lock) works differently in some titles; some require file edits to enable while others may work well with an average wheel-rotation setting (540 degrees for example). Others may work by adjusting steering-lock per car while saving your preference.

IIRC, iRacing / AC's soft-lock should work automatically. rF2 may still require custom file edits (not sure if S397 updated the AF preset). AMS works pretty well for me with about 600 degrees set in the wheel-driver.

SC4 can save custom profiles per game / per car / per track / per setup, etc., so it's just a matter of how you want to set things up. Use SC4 to launch the game or you can alt+tab to SC4 and launch the desired profile at any time. You can also define other supporting programs for SC4 to run for you when launching profiles.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing