Accuforce Pro V2 review

I finally received my Accuforce V2 from SimXperience (Took just over 9 weeks), and thought I would share some quick thoughts. It definitely will contradict what some have said.

Pros:
1. It is a thing of beauty. Pictures do not do the AF justice. It is actually smaller than I expected it to be.
2. The wheel itself. Some have said it looks like a $50 wheel, but I have to disagree. Feels premium to me, and also looks better in person than in pics.
3. Well packaged.
4. Once you get a game dialed in it feels great.
5. Cable length to button box. Some have said it is too long. However, if you route it behind the mounting deck to the wheel it is perfect length.
6. Sim Commander software. Not enough has been said about this IMO. It is awesome. The cloud profiles are fantastic. You can start a sim, choose your car and track, and all of the sudden Sim Commander will tell you "found fully matching profile in our database..applying settings" (or something like that). If it only finds a partial match it will tell you that as well. You can also create your own, etc.
7. All in one kit that has everything you need. It didn't take much if any longer to get it setup then my T300.
8. Has more power than I will ever use. Doubles as a workout. At higher settings your arms will be tired.
9. The quick release works great, and there is no play at all once it clicks into place.
10. They put 2 coiled cables in the box. Nice to have a backup in case I break one.

Neutral:
1. Button box. It does the job, but nothing stands out about it.
2. Controller box. Can't really put a box in the pro category...or can I? There is talk about the fan being loud, but I don't get it. If your really listen and have no other noise in your environment you can hear it, otherwise I wouldn't put this on the list of things to worry about. I would actually put it in the quiet category as I have never heard the fan without actively trying to.
3. Shifters - Better than I expected, but I can see how someone may want a little more click to them.

Cons:
1. $1000 ($1049 after tax and shipping). I know this should probably be put in the pro category, but I still just dropped $1000 on a hobby. Stings a little.
2. I have to wear gloves. And I hate wearing gloves. Driving without them on alcantara the feel just isn't very nice for long stints, and assume the alcantara need protecting to stay looking nice.
3. This kit should come with the adjustable mounting plate. I was able to get it on my rig in a good position without it, but it would have been easier with the mount. However, I am not paying $62 for 2 pieces of metal (after shipping).

@TShrimp Would you mind sharing your ACC settings please? I'm currently just using the cloud tuning as I don't have much time to fiddle.

Did the steps I posted in the owners forum work by the way?

Upvote 0
@TShrimp Would you mind sharing your ACC settings please? I'm currently just using the cloud tuning as I don't have much time to fiddle.

Did the steps I posted in the owners forum work by the way?

I will check after work today. Yes, your suggestion was great, thanks so much. Simxperience has responded as well, and will include a possible fix in the next software update. They are not able to reproduce it, but they do know what is going on with the software when crossing the start/finish line, so looking to make an adjustment there.

Edit: I just remembered, I had reset my profiles while troubleshooting. However, I don't recall making many changes from the cloud profile though. I had decreased the RPM to 5% as I felt it was kind of strong at the default settings, and was also matching up the RPM in the wheel with the Buttkicker. In game I have the Gain at 49 and Damping at 100. All else at 0. I don't think this was much help, sorry. I was thinking I had also made some adjustments for a little more road feel, but can't recall what that was or if that was for AC. I have been dialing in Automobilista 2 after I reset my profile. IMO that one requires "Road Bumps" to be enabled and set between 20-40% to get a good feel for crashes, or going over sausages.

Edit2: I found this post from @Eric Rowland for the V1.

I have had the V1 for about two years now. Make sure you update SC4 to get the ACC plugin. Everybody uses different settings to get the feel they want. I've tried other people's settings and I don't end up using them because it doesn't feel right to me. I don't like a heavy FFB. I like to be able to feel what the tires are doing as best as I can get it.

I'm using 98 Gain and others at 0 in ACC.
In SC4, I'm using Default mode 45 Intensity, 6 Spring.7.06 Smoothing and 540 rotation.
Game FFB 98, Game FFB Smoothing 15.69, Friction 1.18, Dyn Osc Stationary 100, all others OFF.

This is a good guide from Accuforce to go by...I use it.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had my AF V2 for almost two months...very happy with it. In their forums there is a modification to go BLe for the button box...some minor modification, and you have a wireless button box with a battery that lasts +2 weeks between charges or more.

I highly recommend it. Using an Adafruit Feather nRF52, thanks to one of the users programming skills. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Anyone ever thought about taking the board and power supply out of the black outer box and putting it in a more conventional pc-style or simply bigger power supply case that has more ventilation and room to handle standard PC 120/140mm fans (which would be super quiet)?

I'm thinking something like those large OSW power supply boxes.

It's all very manageable in the AF power supply box. Just a board and power supply. I think it would be very easy to move it to new housing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great review! overall pretty much inline with my thoughts as well, except for the steering wheel and button box which I find subpar. I sometimes get missed downshifts even after adjusting the set screws every which way. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had the AF v2 Pro for about two months now, and I absolutely love it. I agree with most everything said here, so I will not repeat. Except to say that I do not love the button plate and wheel rim.
So, to combat that, I bought the USB conversion kit from SImRacingMavhines and modded the Fanatec Universal Hub, got a Turn r20 Rim, and happy days have not stopped.

SimCommander cannot be praised enough. The level of customization is mind boggling. I am not sure I could have made a better choice for $1000 budget.

Upvote 0
Anyone ever thought about taking the board and power supply out of the black outer box and putting it in a more conventional pc-style or simply bigger power supply case that has more ventilation and room to handle standard PC 120/140mm fans (which would be super quiet)?

I'm thinking something like those large OSW power supply boxes.

It's all very manageable in the AF power supply box. Just a board and power supply. I think it would be very easy to move it to new housing.
So many folks say that their power supply is super loud. I barely hear mine without headphones on. Once the headphones are on, I do not hear it at all.

Upvote 0
So many folks say that their power supply is super loud. I barely hear mine without headphones on. Once the headphones are on, I do not hear it at all.
I can only hear mine if there is nothing else on in the room. My PC fans are louder, and have desk fans in the room. Maybe some are just really sensitive to certain sounds. Rattling drives me nuts, and I can hear the slightest rattle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll try to take a video with sound the next time. The sound it makes is shockingly bad.

This may be due to age (2015) or V1 design or wheel mode (I use the max wheel mode, responsive w/peaks), I don't know.

If I'm honest, I believe I put up with this level of racket for 5 years, so that leads me to believe it's gotten progressively worse and was probably better when it was brand new.

Upvote 0
@TShrimp congratulation on your DD wheel and thank you for your user review.
You have had tactile with a non DD wheel and now you have tactile with a DD wheel, from your experience, would you recommend to change the wheel first or to go tactile first?

Upvote 0
@TShrimp congratulation on your DD wheel and thank you for your user review.
You have had tactile with a non DD wheel and now you have tactile with a DD wheel, from your experience, would you recommend to change the wheel first or to go tactile first?

That is a great questions that is hard to answer. Since the Buttkicker cost me $150 compared to $1000, I might lean toward the tactile feedback (I hate spending money). It may depend on the current wheel you have. I replaced the T300 which was a great price/performer for me (paid $200 new for the pack with the pedals and wheel). Not Accuforce level as you would expect, but good. I have been racing Dirt Rally 2.0 lately (not usually a rally guy), and my tactile is not working. I have not had time to troubleshoot Simhub, and I really notice the reduced immersion. With that said, the responsiveness of the AF is hard to beat. I think this would be a great main thread to get a responses from a wide range of views. I lean toward tactile if you have a good wheel, and the wheel if it is lacking. I did have to modify my tactile responses because of the amount of feedback I now receive from my wheel. Really cool how they affect each other. If you don't have good pedals, I might put that as number one. Going from the T3PA to Fanatec CS V3 was very nice. I hope this rant helps :).

Upvote 0
I'll try to take a video with sound the next time. The sound it makes is shockingly bad.

This may be due to age (2015) or V1 design or wheel mode (I use the max wheel mode, responsive w/peaks), I don't know.

If I'm honest, I believe I put up with this level of racket for 5 years, so that leads me to believe it's gotten progressively worse and was probably better when it was brand new.
I am not sure how accurate the phones db meters are, or if there could be differences between phones or stand alone db meters. I wonder if we can just measure that. It could be as simple as a perception issue. I will measure mine if my meetings ever end, and post the db level.

Upvote 0
You have had tactile with a non DD wheel and now you have tactile with a DD wheel,
from your experience, would you recommend to change the wheel first or to go tactile first?
FWIW, getting feedback thru my G29 wheel for effects
that I would not expect in a car was distracting,
so got an SRS ShakeSeat and drive it from SimHub ShakeIt.
While that addressed distractions and proxies for G forces,
I never really felt hopeful of recovering skids until getting the AccuForce.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the NIOSH app to my iPhone SE (1st gen).
From 2 meters away at 45 degrees from the fan port,
it reported 44dBA running and 32dBA off (room background).
NIOSH reported 55dBA running at 25cm, matching my sound pressure level meter.

I downloaded NIOSH to say consistent (iPhone 8)...

52 db at about 1" (2.5cm) away.
At 2 meters (~6.5 feet) I am at 44 as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What does NIOSH report when everything on sim rig is running except AccuForce?
~55 dba at 2 meters before I turn on the speakers, and without the GPU fan kicking up.

Edit: FYI...I measured this 3 different times throughout the day. No one else is home, and no noticeable noise differences each time. I noticed a range of 52-58. I am guessing there are other background noises we don't notice at times. AC on vs off. Refrigerator running vs off. etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GamerMuscle prefers AccuForce foundation feedback for ACC
  • AccuForce foundation can independently generate steering FFB from game telemetry
  • nearly every other FFB wheel is driven by game-generated FFB
  • ACC seemingly generates FFB that may more nearly approximate what might be felt in real life, but lacking the sense of lateral G-forces that other games add, to compensate for lack of other sources of such cues.
    • AccuForce foundation allows adding such cues that were missing in ACC FFB
    • The added complexity implicit in AccuForce's extensive set of FFB options can be mitigated by their cloud tuning option.
      • A new SimXperience posting indicates that steering foundation cloud tuning remains a work in progress: "You will find that cloud-tuned steering foundation is spot on for some car/track combos and not for others. This will continue to improve with time as we collect additional data."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GamerMuscle prefers AccuForce foundation feedback for ACC
  • AccuForce foundation can independently generate steering FFB from game telemetry
  • nearly every other FFB wheel is driven by game-generated FFB
  • ACC seemingly generates FFB that may more nearly approximate what might be felt in real life, but lacking the sense of lateral G-forces that other games add, to compensate for lack of other sources of such cues.
    • AccuForce foundation allows adding such cues that were missing in ACC FFB
    • The added complexity implicit in AccuForce's extensive set of FFB options can be mitigated by their cloud tuning option.
      • A new SimXperience posting indicates that steering foundation cloud tuning remains a work in progress: "You will find that cloud-tuned steering foundation is spot on for some car/track combos and not for others. This will continue to improve with time as we collect additional data."
Sim Commander is just a fantastic piece of software, and can't imagine not having it. Along with using foundation, being able to adjust every aspect of the FFB is just amazing.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years