Accuforce DYI?

Somebody has experience with the DYI version of Accuforce? Besides the steering wheel and housing, i can't firgure out what the difference is between the pro set and DYI set beyond the massive price difference between both sets (800 dollars?)
I am able to create my own housing for the DYI AF made from aluminium. Im also able to get a nice momo wheel. I do not need a quick release system as i only race GT cars and occasionly i can handle an open wheeler with the same wheel.
So what does the DYI version lack from features that you actually need to make the DYI version work like the PRO version?

I had a similar query myself. It would help if the images were slightly better (items more spread out).

I would imagine (like you mention) you would need to manufacture some sort of bracket that would allow you to bolt the motor to your rig. I did ask Simexperience if this would be the same as the OSW brackets you can get hold of but the answer was a little vague (fair enough).

You would need to get hold of a motor shaft to wheel adaptor (something like this maybe?
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=226)

Then mount your quick release to this or bolt you wheel directly to it.

Apart from that I can't see much difference to the finished article. The base controller is there all ready to go.

Like you I have no need for the original wheel as I want to make my own as well.

The only nice thing missing is the USB hub on the wheel base which would make my cabling at home slightly neater (I could plug the pedals and SLI into it and then have one cable across the carpet rather than four!) but that's it.

If you decided to go this route I would be grateful if you send me a PM when you receive it as I probably prefer this option from a cost point of view.

I suppose the only slight negative is would it affect it's value when you come to sell it? Depends on how long you plan on holding onto it.

EDIT: I'm hanging on for a month, last year with the Black Friday deals they had this setup at $899

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DYI ? Do yourself instead?

Well I think he meant the DIY kit...;)
http://www.simxperience.com/products/accessories/accuforcesteering/accuforcewheeldiykit.aspx

I know that the OSW kits are slightly cheaper but I like the idea of the simexperience software and being able to play around with the in game FFB or switch it off completely and let the hardware do it's own thing.

Only negative compared to a Fanatec, Thrustmaster, Logitech is compatibility with other platforms if you wanted that type of extra of course :D

Upvote 0
A quick release is not that expensive. I might give the DYI a go. With the aluminium profiles it should no be hard to hardmount the base onto a solid construction.

Upvote 0
A quick release is not that expensive. I might give the DYI a go. With the aluminium profiles it should no be hard to hardmount the base onto a solid construction.

Depends on what you mean, you can't fasten a quick release to the spindle of the motor (unless you decide to use a weld on type, which would be a bit risky with the heat) You would need a special spindle adaptor first and then the quick release would attach to that. Like in the picture below. This is a bit of a heavy duty one but you get the idea! :)

DSC_0167.jpg

I think this part of the problem, spindle adaptor £80, bracket for the motor to the rig, possibly around £50-70 (something in aluminium would be cheap) as I don't think there are any brackets that will attach to the Accuforce motor (it sounds like you have engineering connections so that's great). Quick release would be the cheapest part at about £40 if you go for a cheap EBay one. Which brings it within the cost range of the Accuforce standard kit which does have the spindle adaptor with it and the casing, etc. Then you could just swap out the Accuforce wheel for a wheel of your choice.

It is a difficult one as I've done the maths myself, to bring the DIY kit to a functioning state (metalwork, parts, fasteners) costs about £30 less than the standard kit.

If you go for it though, good luck and remember to post pics when its done! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The simxperience software is idd a big plus to me. Not being so handy i just went with that propackage. Lot of money but immersionlevel increased bigtime and it s almost plug and play ( except for finetuning the wheel if you wanna do it right)

Upvote 0
The simxperience software is idd a big plus to me. Not being so handy i just went with that propackage. Lot of money but immersionlevel increased bigtime and it s almost plug and play ( except for finetuning the wheel if you wanna do it right)

Yeah same with me, the software is a big plus. Having watched the vids and seen it being setup and in action it seems to be a very clever piece of software.

Upvote 0
Nice move Tim! 2000 euro for a wheel is also 4 weeks Thailand;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years