Accidental wrecking - how much trouble will I get into for it?

I always try my best to be a courteous driver, and whenever things go wrong for me, priority number one becomes not taking anyone else down with me. But I had something happen a while ago which has left me worried.

One day, iTunes decided it was time to update while I was doing a race online in Race 07. So it opens it's update dialogue, which minimizes my game. And while I can't see what's going on, I smash my car to pieces and take two other people out of the race with me. Never before did the £300 I spent on that iPod touch seem like as much of a waste of money as it did that day.

What is RD's policy on this sort of thing? Would I get the bollocking of a life time from you guys if this happened during an RD race? As I'm starting to get worried about racing online... :(

Well i am not staff but i had some issues the same with my iphone a long time ago while playing games. If you look at the itunes software there is a setting somewhere to stop auto updates this will take the problem away from you mate. Dont ask where cause i dont have itunes now i dont have my iphone.

However accidents do happen to us all and i would assume as long as you explained yourself i doubt you would get into massive trouble but i think i would ask that you exit itunes before any further racing with RD. Of course you can make yourself another boot and just have the game prorames active in that so there is no chance of it happening again.

Pretty sure that others will be able to find out if this is a rare occurrence or something that happens on a regular basis. If it happens regular, expect others to react accordingly. If this is a rare occurrence, I am pretty sure others will accept an apology.

Assuming you apologised, I doubt any more will come of it. If people can see/know you are a clean, courteous driver, and that this is rare, no more will be said. Things like this, and other accidents, happen to the best of us :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%