ACCFFB app has fixed ACC for me

First of all, I don't have any business with this app ( well, it's free and open source by the way). I just came here to talk about it as it completely transformed my experience with the game for the good.

The thing is I jump from one sim into another quite often and I noticed that ACC force feedback is lacking well... feedback in areas that other sims don't. I know Aris has talked about it before and they opted to just transfer real forces ( the forces the tires are suffering) into the FFB but in my opinion this is an awful approach that makes the driving experience flat and numb.

If you tried AC long enough with a decent wheel you know what I'm talking about. In AC you can feel the throttle out of the corners, you can feel the grip of the car on the rear while trail braking and so on. It transfers the G forces that the driver is feeling into the steering wheel, not just the tire forces.

And this is a massive thing because you really feel what is happening with car. For me, it's as important as playing with the sound on or off.

Well, that's it. I hope more people get into this thing and start to demand the devs to include these parameters in the game so we don't have to depend on a random dude on internet that is smart enough to fix the issue.

Greetings.

Reactions: Sil
  • Deleted member 197115

AC FFB is also based on real rack forces.
Which wheel do you have, as there is definitely more than enough information on grip loss and tire shudder in ACC on SC2.
AC FFB feels like primitive lackluster after spending some time in ACC, but that can apply to any other title.

I'll add something that may be relevant. For some reason, ACC's original force feedback was barely working on my T300. ACCFFB fixed this, because even after disabling the forces it adds, I started feeling much more on my wheel. I started feeling what ACC's actual FFB is, because it reacts to chaning in-game FFB settings.

So even if we disregard what ACCFFB adds to the game, in my case it allowed me to experience what the ingame FFB offers, because without it, I wasn't getting almost any FFB at all. And I thought that was the game's "approach" all along.

Maybe that's the case for more people out there.

• Deleted member 197115

Could be some stale controller settings in Documents folder that just needed to be wiped out.
\Users\<user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\controls.json

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a CSL DD and I have tested it in raceroom, ams2, rfactor 2 and AC. ACC is by far the less comunicative and less engaging experience with default FFB. Said that I have +500 hours on ACC, I'm not saying the game is bad, it's amazing, but its FFB doesn't do the things I need to feel to drive the car properly.

I know ACC has very realistic FFB but in my opinion realistic FFB doesn't mean good FFB.

Hi ladies and gents. Im trying to get ACC FFB to work but once ACC sees my wheel as Vjoy then my rotation is very wrong, Could anyone give me some advice on how to get this correct. Thank you. Moza R9 wheel base

Nevermind... found it, tried it...didn't like the way it took over other stuff.
Got rid of it 10 minutes later...lol
It did increase the ffb but it screwed with my driving perspective.
I had to toggle back to my view each time I opened acc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%