Accessing Developer Apps in 1.8

Simon Marshall

Team Rookie Monsters #73
I've heard mention of developer apps being unlocked using config.ini file - however all the instructions I've found refer to older versions of AC and I am unable to find the relevant text in this file to amend. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to enable these? - specifically I'm after downforce info and have seen a 'wings app' which I would like to play around with.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Nah, still there. Hopefully they don`t ever shut that one off. Far too many good apps in there to suddenly do without :)

Years ago, I think many of those were ON by default. Then there was an update that hid all the dev apps.

You are certainly right that there are many useful apps in there, but the 1 problem I have with keeping them enabled is that the full list of apps becomes too darn long and time consuming for me to scroll through if I need to bring one up during a race. :p

I have grown too used to the position that they are in with the dev apps turned off to go back to using them. :p

I`m still hoping one day we`ll get visited by some magic pixie that sprinkles the ability to cycle through 4 or more app setups. Kinda like linux does desktops.

No more scrolling, just cycling through what we want to see at any given time.

Need some help here.
When I enable the dev_apps in the assetto corsa ini file, the game crashes. It loads track and car and then nothing more, just a window telling me the ac.exe is corrupt.
I had to do the Steam integrity check to get AC working again.
After a new try to enable the app, I had to go to this again.
AC is now working again, but as it seems, enabling the dev apps is impossible for me.
Thanks...

Need some help here.
When I enable the dev_apps in the assetto corsa ini file, the game crashes. It loads track and car and then nothing more, just a window telling me the ac.exe is corrupt.
I had to do the Steam integrity check to get AC working again.
After a new try to enable the app, I had to go to this again.
AC is now working again, but as it seems, enabling the dev apps is impossible for me.
Thanks...
Try clearing everything in your documents folder related to the telemetry app presets. If you played with it you'll know what I mean. iirc I had issues once when the telemetry app was looking for a channel that didn't exist anymore.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%