Apps Access/set replay data

Wouldn't this be technically possible?

You can set the active car with an app, you can have the app count (but this might be inaccurate). Or you could have an app with a shortkey, say "A", a list of car numbers in the order you want, a piece of paper with the timestamps and at each timestamp you could press A?

I'm not entirely sure why that would be a good idea as it would require a one take no mistakes recording session with a lot of figuring out before hand, while you could easily record in takes during the figuring it all out.

Hmm ok clear, thanks for answering! Lets say I would like to build this addon on the replay system, where would I start? Are there any recourses I can look at or can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there any other modding support besides python apps?

What I would like is the feature to select a car in the replay and with the press of a button(keyboard or on screen) jump to a predefined timestamp in the replay.

Last edited:
It's not a problem to have a button to select which car the camera focuses on. But there's nothing in the python to set the replay timestamp.

"no problem to have a button to select which car the camera focuses on"
Yes, thats already there, whether with apps or shortcuts ( MULTIPLAYER are replay shortcuts?) too, most are even configurable in control settings. No real other modding support for such. You want readily cut videos? You must cut the video yourself.
edit: useful replay shortcuts, at least you can hop from lap to lap
1611834692673.png

Last edited:
Hmm not thats not really the case. Ill explain my user case. We have a weekly race, people crash in these races so we steward it afterwards. We have the timestamp of the crashes but its a hussle to go to these timestamp manually. So I was thinking of creating a csv/json with drivername -> timestamp. My script/app automaticly reads the csv/json and creates a gui thingy that lets you select a car, and per car select the crash timestamp (selecting a timestamp means the replay with go to that point. Doing this will make the crash reviewing a lot easier.

Its clear to me that this cant be achieved with a python app. But are there other modding possibility's that would allow me to create that?

haha lol good you insisted, with CustomSPatch there is actually this now, from:
"custom_shaders_patch.log"
| INFO | New Python function: ext_getReplayPosition
| INFO | New Python function: ext_setReplayPosition
seems to be based on frames, not time, so could be hard to use
maybe soon there is frames/framerate too

Last edited:
Ooh nice, what is CustomSPatch? It seems to be a shader? How would it work, can I import that into my app or are these functions automaticly avialable to your app in content manager? Thanks for helping me out btw!

Last edited:
Uhm I don't think you understand me right. I know content manager. I was asking if you know how I can access the ext_setReplayPosition function. Is this avialable on the imported ac library or do I need to import an external library from content manager?

no library needed, it should work with CustomShadersPatch just like that, call
ac.ext_setReplayPosition(1000)
to jump to frame 1000
but without known replay frequency you dont know how far you have to jump timewise

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back