F1 2014 Accelerating and Name fix

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,
First off, I have a little problem which I think is normal but I wondered if someone has a fix, My name is Mark de Boer but in F1 2014 The Game I am known as MARK DEBOER, without the space because you can't have a name with a space in it?

Second and last off, I'm having real trouble accelerating the f1 car without going to slow or wheelspinning, I wondered if there are any tips for this :)

Your in-game name doesn't matter when it comes to F1 2014, it's pretty obvious who you are. It' certainly better than 'NightRider666' or something like that :)

As for your second point, it's down to throttle modulation, being careful with how you use your right foot. That's easier said than done if you use a game controller, they just don't have the finesse of a steering wheel and foot pedals.

If you are playing with AI, then I have always though that they have too much grip coming out of the slow speed corners (F1 20xx series), they seem to floor it with no loss of grip.

I suppose the pay-off is that they a great coming out of those corners, but they are dismal when entering in the braking zone. So the human player loses on the slows corners, but gains in the braking zones ......... balanced'ish ;)

If you can't modulate the throttle to your liking, then use medium traction control if you want, after all it's your game, and it's up to you how you play it. :)

Your in-game name doesn't matter when it comes to F1 2014, it's pretty obvious who you are. It' certainly better than 'NightRider666' or something like that :)

As for your second point, it's down to throttle modulation, being careful with how you use your right foot. That's easier said than done if you use a game controller, they just don't have the finesse of a steering wheel and foot pedals.

If you are playing with AI, then I have always though that they have too much grip coming out of the slow speed corners (F1 20xx series), they seem to floor it with no loss of grip.

I suppose the pay-off is that they a great coming out of those corners, but they are dismal when entering in the braking zone. So the human player loses on the slows corners, but gains in the braking zones ......... balanced'ish ;)

If you can't modulate the throttle to your liking, then use medium traction control if you want, after all it's your game, and it's up to you how you play it. :)

Aha, Thanks man really helpful :) I'll try out some settings right away, and it's just the AI accelerating so fast I thought it was only me being new to the game :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%