Accelerated Tire Wear?

I have been using accelerated (5x) fuel consumption and tire wear to incorporate more pitstop strategy in to my 45 minute races. The fuel consumption modifier seems to be working well, forcing pitstops every 12 minutes of so (racing P4) however, I don't see an impact on tire wear. I am able to run a single set of tires for the full 45 minutes by using the "Recommended" setting on my pit strategy. Is there something else I need to be doing to get accelerated tire wear?

So I ran a little test on this tonight. 15 Laps around Montreal with a P3 Roco-001, first with x5 tire wear and then with Realistic tire wear. With x5 tire wear I the left side tires degraded by 38%, as measured by using a ruler on the tire widget on my screen. Front rigt degraded 42% and back right degraded 27%. So average around 36%.

With the tire wear on realistic, there was actually hardly any wear after 15 laps. Average wear around 4%.

Conclusion: 5x tire wear does have an impact, but tire wear in general seems to be very slow. Also, I am seriously questioning my driving style. Am I to easy on my tires?

The P3s might have a hard compound tyre, they are used for 4-hour endurance races. I'm not sure how many times they actually change tyres during those races. Also they are severely over-aero'd for the amount of power they have, which probably helps save the tyres.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years