ACC V1.6 and 2020 GTWC DLC Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The new 1.6 Assetto Corsa Competizione update and DLC content is now live.
  • 1.6 build update live.
  • Imola DLC live.
  • GTWC 2020 cars DLC live.

Additional Reading | Aris Blog 1: Click HERE
Additional Reading | Aris Blog 2: Click HERE

1.6.0 Changelog

GENERAL

• Added 2020 season with all entries, teams and drivers.
  • Bonus liveries that were previously added in the 2019 season now form part of the new 2020 season.
  • 2020 championship, Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 and Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 available as DLC.
  • Imola circuit available as DLC.
GAMEPLAY
  • New and improved AI algorithms for racecraft and attack.
  • New skill-dependent AI driving error algorithm.
  • AI: removed throttle lift by low-skill opponents when global AI strength is set to 90 or higher.
  • Adjusted AI lines on several tracks.
  • Increased sensitivity for blue flag trigger if a GT3 is behind a lower-class car.
  • Brands Hatch marshal fix.
  • Misano marshal fix.
  • Nürburgring marshal fix.
  • Lumirank: added yellow colour for Silver class cars.
  • Marshal yellow sectors are now created based on centre position and not the starting point.
  • More accurate sector yellow flag alerts.
  • More sensitive yellow flag trigger for cars with stalled engines or facing the wrong direction, even at speed.
PHYSICS:
  • DHE tyres available for applicable tyre dimensions for the 2020 GTWCH season.
  • Provides better feedback and more traction with less overheating.
  • Available when playing 2020 season. Older seasons retain their corresponding BoP and tyre versions!
  • Wet tyre compound tweaks and fine tuning.
  • Revised BoP system (backend) and added support for 2020 season BoP.
  • Added camber limitations for BOP 2020 as per regulations.
  • Global tyre model improvements in realignment forces based on new data.
  • Improvements in the simulation of pressure dependency and its effects on the tyre footprint and related tyre dynamics.
  • Aero yaw simulation improvements.
  • See our blog post on the official support forum for more detailed information on the above changes/improvements.
  • Old setups might need revision and it is generally recommended to run safer setups.
  • Further improvements to the global weather model and dynamic track.
  • Fixed Porsche 991II GT3 R Laguna Seca wet preset.
  • Improved Ferrari 488 GT3 aero simulation
  • Fixed rear brake pads in the BMW M6 GT3 Monza wet preset.
  • Minor revision of collider meshes for certain cars.
  • Adjustments to brake disc consumption (less).
AUDIO:
  • User commands to increase/decrease master audio volume in session (default NUM+/-, remappable).
  • Spotter message added alerting for faster car approaching.
  • Improved spotter message system.
  • New spotter messages for race pre-session countdown.
  • FMod Studio: fixed continuous play/stop events.
  • Thunder sound is now played already when heavy rain is on the forecast.
UI:
  • Replay HUD: added results table overlay and button to toggle it. (sector times not available for lap-per-lap breakdown).
  • Special Events page minor styling adjustments.
  • Leaderboard: minor styling adjustment.
  • Revised manufacturer logos for the UI and leaderboards.
  • MFD: checkboxes toggle using left-right UI binding and ignore the enter/forward UI binding.
  • Freed up the "enter/forward" button for all controllers - so you can bind that to some other driving function as well on the wheel, the pitmenu checkboxes will only toggle with left/right - and in MP the forward/enter button (when pressed on a directinput controller) won't pop up the chat window (with electronics or pitmenu active).
  • MFD: now always visible even when HUD is hidden (using HUD cycle long press), can be hidden by cycling to empty page or long pressing MFD input.
  • Now allows driving with MFD only with the HUD hidden, cycling MFD no longer unhides the HUD.
  • Server list: track season tag is now always explicitly shown.
  • Loading screens revised and removed obsolete track status information.
  • Bindable inputs to increase/decrease FFB gain per car in session.
  • Bindable inputs to increase/decrease master audio volume in session.
  • Global UI styling refresh.
  • Fixed mouse scroll function on the TV Session Time overlay.
  • Localization update.
  • Improved delta and predicted laptime accuracy.
  • User setting in the hud.json added to disable automatic MFD page swap on pit entry/exit:
  • "autoSwitchPitMFD": true/false
GRAPHICS
  • Mirror refresh rate settings in Video Options.
  • Option to set a fixed fps cap, a fixed rate cut based on current fps or "Auto", which is a dynamic setting.
  • Global performance optimizations.
  • Potential fix for virtual mirror clipping with geometry in some car cockpits.
  • Added stop marker in the regular pitstop animation to help with car positioning.
  • Revised pedal animation system and fixed an issue where the throttle pedal would occasionally remain stuck in pressed position.
  • Optimized secondary animations in replay and spectator mode.
  • Fixed National class sticker visibility.
  • Added Lumirank SAS driver info device showing track/car status.
CONTROLS:
  • Added FFB per car setting (default keys are NUM8 and NUM2 to increase/decrease, remappable).
  • Values are stored in a file called "ffbUserSettings.json", it is a multiplier on the global gain you set in the controls settings.
  • Added gamepad rumble effect type enhanced/legacy options, legacy being the rumble implementation used to date.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

Last edited:
Pure hate speech or trolling and I shouldn't response to it, but... The changes in the tire physics are noticable at my wheel (T300RS). Also the game runs great at 1080p. (I9-9900K and GTX 1070). What the heck did you bought?

Oh dear, has it really got to the stage where criticising a racing sim can be construed as "hate speech". While I am in agreement with you, @Eng. is entitled to their opinion, with whom I do disagree with. But that said they are not the first to critcise ACC on issues such as FFB, and required system resources to run the game.

"Hate Speech" is a powerful term these days, and is often deployed, and therefore abused, as a means to discredit a person with whom somebody simply disagrees with. We all know what "Hate Speech" really is, so please don't use that term for somebody who simply doesn't like a sim that we happen to like.

Last edited:
Oh dear, has it really got to the stage where criticising a racing sim can be construed as "hate speech". While I am in agreement with you, @Eng. is entitled to their opinion, with whom I do disagree with. But that said they are not the first to critcise ACC on issues such as FFB, and required system resources to run the game.

"Hate Speech" is a powerful term these days, and is often deployed, and therefore abused, as a means to discredit a person with whom somebody simply disagrees with. We all know what "Hate Speech" really is, so please don't use that term for somebody who simply doesn't like a sim that we happen to like.
There are options mate. You can call @Eng. a troll as well :)
Jokes aside:
While I'd normally agree with you in terms of opinion and criticism I can't do it here.
Just have a look:

Making money from DLC looks like easy money for the producers in my opinion.

They should focus on earning money by gaining new players, not by charging same users again.
Making skin etc can be time consuming for amateurs and they are using their free time without pay. That is not an easy job.

But for a gaming company, it can't be that hard which has full time designers etc. Maybe they are getting new designs from the teams as well because of sponsorship agreements.

I don't see anything new except 1 new track in this DLC. And it should be evaluated accordingly.

Modified version of same car is a little difeerent than new content. Rfactor gave them free of charge last month for some cars.

New tire model should be free. I didn't get the point 2020 season was accessible without DLC and because of my previous message would be wrong at that point.

If they charged players during early access, it is normal to expect game ımprovements without charge, like I said before.
Same cars with update doesn't look new car for me.

I couldn't understand of getting new driver names and new decals benefit for the player. Is AI changes behaviour depending on the driver name?

If you have AMS2, you could understand better the developers agenda. Even the AMS has many missing items and bugs, developer is focusing on new DLC packages as priority.

If everybody is happy with pay for upgrade practice, than there is no problem for them. But I am not.
after trying the so called new tire model I didn't feel any difference at all. I was expecting more feedback from the wheel after so called physics and tire change.

Still no reaction from wheel during traction loss or weight transfer. I can't understand the reason of this even the previous AC has more lively wheel reactions than this. I have downloaded some popular mods and the cars feel more alive than ACC.

Still unoptimised that I couldn't get fluid gameplay. I have bought new CPU, GPU & Ram for this game but still unable to achieve fluid game.

Maybe Kunos will introduce Performance Optimisation or Real Feel DLC in future. Everybody in this forum would be pleased to pay the price.

Just talking BS is not a valid opinion or any constructive criticism. At least not in my eyes.

Afraid we don't, exactly as you pointed it out, it's invented term everyone twists to suit own agenda.

Yeah, you're right. I think everybody has their own definition of "Hate Speech" - mine is the really evil crap that people say.

There are options mate. You can call @Eng. a troll as well :)
Jokes aside:
While I'd normally agree with you in terms of opinion and criticism I can't do it here.
Just have a look:

Just talking BS is not a valid opinion or any constructive criticism. At least not in my eyes.

I've read everything they've written and posted in disagreement. But it certainly isn't "hate speech", and if it's trolling then it's borderline trolling. You like ACC, I like ACC, if somebody wants to come along and slag it off then that's fine, we just know better ;)

Pure hate speech or trolling and I shouldn't response to it, but... The changes in the tire physics are noticable at my wheel (T300RS). Also the game runs great at 1080p. (I9-9900K and GTX 1070). What the heck did you bought?

Sharing experience shouldn't be considered as hate speech. This game is the most played game on my pc. I had i3 cpu and it couldn't run at all. After I bought mid range cpu and a mid range gpu to make it playable. Now with mid to high settings I could see 60-70 fps but there is always stuttering. It isn't fluid. I think at 1080p, mid range system shouldn't experience stuttering at all.

With the NSX Evo and 720S there is definitely a difference. However, those cars have always had handling which is very different to that of all the other cars - relying in the ABS and TC like the other cars is a one-way ticket to the barrier. As for the other cars, there is more difference in the 2020 season compound changes than in the 2019 and earlier tyres, but there is a much bigger difference on the limit.
The FFB you say isn't there definitely is, but most of the recommended FFB settings on YouTube and on random websites do nothing but ruin the FFB. If I were a betting man, I'd say some of those posts are either copy-paste from others or a little malicious,
I don't know which wheel you are using, but it may be a good time for you to delete your current settings and remake them. If you are using Logitech, reset ALL values in Logitech Hub and make NO changes there after. The Logitech Hub software will disable meaningful FFB if any of the settings are modified. Make all changes in ACC. If you are using Fanatec DD 1/2 or CSW or CSL, use Fanalab and the beta firmware. Then use the recommended FFB settings from the forum. It makes a huge difference!
Those are the only two systems I know intimately so I cannot comment on others.

I have Logitech as you guessed. As I remember, with the default settings, there was too much noise from the wheel because of the gears. But I don't care about road effects, I wan't traction loss or weight transfer to be felt. As I said, I could feel them on AC, but not on ACC. There is no better comparison than the same developers game I think.

I am an early player of the game since early access. Because of that, I was thinking myself as a supporter of the game in the first year. But after waiting too long, the game is still in progress with paid DLC's in focus.

In every update, everybody says how perfect it is but if it is already perfect, what they are changing than?

A hotfix aired even for this upgrade yesterday. It should be 2x perfect than for some people

In every update, everybody says how perfect it is but if it is already perfect, what they are changing than?

who said it's perfect?
It's a simulation.. it'll never be perfect and it'll never be done.

With every new info, data and knowledge acquired code and parameters (can) improve, it's a constant process that only stops when devs decide it's time to move something else.

Every release, every single hotfix is not meant to be "perfect" it simply represents the best that team has to offer at that particular point in time.

Last edited:
Another step forward ... kudos to the team. You have done a great job. :thumbsup:

Finalmente Imola ... this is my favorite track since years and it great to have it now in ACC.

And yes ... 1.6.1 feels different than the previous releases, imo, significantly better. AI could have been a bit smarter, but this will might be subject of further development steps.

Cheers

You must be smoking something very strong to suggest its as buttery smooth as AMS2! I nearly choked on my Mars bar when I read that.

Wanted to come back to this comment as i tried to optimize my settings after the initial performance boost with 1.6

For some reason the game has recently started to run like **** (and by **** i actually mean worse than before) again and i don't know why. Constant huge framedrops, sometimes for a couple of seconds and the game seems to run differently every time i start it. And all that without any ai on track.

So, while performance was amazing right after 1.6 (i swear, even with ai) you seem to be right in the end. I have uninstalled and will probably just give up on ACC. No clue what Kunos is doing with the UE4 here as this is honestly the most erratic performance i have ever seen in any sim in VR.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Wanted to come back to this comment as i tried to optimize my settings after the initial performance boost with 1.6

For some reason the game has recently started to run like **** (and by **** i actually mean worse than before) again and i don't know why. Constant huge framedrops, sometimes for a couple of seconds and the game seems to run differently every time i start it. And all that without any ai on track.

So, while performance was amazing right after 1.6 (i swear, even with ai) you seem to be right in the end. I have uninstalled and will probably just give up on ACC. No clue what Kunos is doing with the UE4 here as this is honestly the most erratic performance i have ever seen in any sim in VR.
Do you have GPU Scheduling enabled in Windows by any chance?

Do you have GPU Scheduling enabled in Windows by any chance?

No...but i'm an idiot :whistling:

I thought i did not change anything but realized that i wanted to try if i can spot a difference between 333Hz and 222Hz FFB. Turns out that 333Hz causes huge stutters for me. Reverted back to 222Hz and everything was fine again, no issues running 15 ai.

Weird that this can have such a high impact on performance.

Should have known though, if i remember correctly this settings could also cause issues in AC, resulting in the infamous 99% cpu_occupancy warning.

Last edited:
No, actually i'm using a simucube 2.

Do you think it might be correlated to the device, or in this case, a setting on the device side? I admit that i did not read up on all available settings yet, so maybe i need to change something in true drive to match ingame settings to avoid this problem.

Really enjoying the DLC and updates. Has the SA rating system changed? i have gone from 84 to 77 in 7 races with just 4 small touches! I have also run two 0.5 hour night races in the rain with no contact against the ai with close side by side racing and only gained 1 SA rating so now back up to 78.
I haven’t raced as much ACC lately, but SA implementation, IMO, just doesn’t work. Being penalized for being punted, used as a bumper, etc. just irritates. Also, I have an issue where mine has maxed out at 90.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%