ACC V1.6 and 2020 GTWC DLC Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The new 1.6 Assetto Corsa Competizione update and DLC content is now live.
  • 1.6 build update live.
  • Imola DLC live.
  • GTWC 2020 cars DLC live.

Additional Reading | Aris Blog 1: Click HERE
Additional Reading | Aris Blog 2: Click HERE

1.6.0 Changelog

GENERAL

• Added 2020 season with all entries, teams and drivers.
  • Bonus liveries that were previously added in the 2019 season now form part of the new 2020 season.
  • 2020 championship, Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 and Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 available as DLC.
  • Imola circuit available as DLC.
GAMEPLAY
  • New and improved AI algorithms for racecraft and attack.
  • New skill-dependent AI driving error algorithm.
  • AI: removed throttle lift by low-skill opponents when global AI strength is set to 90 or higher.
  • Adjusted AI lines on several tracks.
  • Increased sensitivity for blue flag trigger if a GT3 is behind a lower-class car.
  • Brands Hatch marshal fix.
  • Misano marshal fix.
  • Nürburgring marshal fix.
  • Lumirank: added yellow colour for Silver class cars.
  • Marshal yellow sectors are now created based on centre position and not the starting point.
  • More accurate sector yellow flag alerts.
  • More sensitive yellow flag trigger for cars with stalled engines or facing the wrong direction, even at speed.
PHYSICS:
  • DHE tyres available for applicable tyre dimensions for the 2020 GTWCH season.
  • Provides better feedback and more traction with less overheating.
  • Available when playing 2020 season. Older seasons retain their corresponding BoP and tyre versions!
  • Wet tyre compound tweaks and fine tuning.
  • Revised BoP system (backend) and added support for 2020 season BoP.
  • Added camber limitations for BOP 2020 as per regulations.
  • Global tyre model improvements in realignment forces based on new data.
  • Improvements in the simulation of pressure dependency and its effects on the tyre footprint and related tyre dynamics.
  • Aero yaw simulation improvements.
  • See our blog post on the official support forum for more detailed information on the above changes/improvements.
  • Old setups might need revision and it is generally recommended to run safer setups.
  • Further improvements to the global weather model and dynamic track.
  • Fixed Porsche 991II GT3 R Laguna Seca wet preset.
  • Improved Ferrari 488 GT3 aero simulation
  • Fixed rear brake pads in the BMW M6 GT3 Monza wet preset.
  • Minor revision of collider meshes for certain cars.
  • Adjustments to brake disc consumption (less).
AUDIO:
  • User commands to increase/decrease master audio volume in session (default NUM+/-, remappable).
  • Spotter message added alerting for faster car approaching.
  • Improved spotter message system.
  • New spotter messages for race pre-session countdown.
  • FMod Studio: fixed continuous play/stop events.
  • Thunder sound is now played already when heavy rain is on the forecast.
UI:
  • Replay HUD: added results table overlay and button to toggle it. (sector times not available for lap-per-lap breakdown).
  • Special Events page minor styling adjustments.
  • Leaderboard: minor styling adjustment.
  • Revised manufacturer logos for the UI and leaderboards.
  • MFD: checkboxes toggle using left-right UI binding and ignore the enter/forward UI binding.
  • Freed up the "enter/forward" button for all controllers - so you can bind that to some other driving function as well on the wheel, the pitmenu checkboxes will only toggle with left/right - and in MP the forward/enter button (when pressed on a directinput controller) won't pop up the chat window (with electronics or pitmenu active).
  • MFD: now always visible even when HUD is hidden (using HUD cycle long press), can be hidden by cycling to empty page or long pressing MFD input.
  • Now allows driving with MFD only with the HUD hidden, cycling MFD no longer unhides the HUD.
  • Server list: track season tag is now always explicitly shown.
  • Loading screens revised and removed obsolete track status information.
  • Bindable inputs to increase/decrease FFB gain per car in session.
  • Bindable inputs to increase/decrease master audio volume in session.
  • Global UI styling refresh.
  • Fixed mouse scroll function on the TV Session Time overlay.
  • Localization update.
  • Improved delta and predicted laptime accuracy.
  • User setting in the hud.json added to disable automatic MFD page swap on pit entry/exit:
  • "autoSwitchPitMFD": true/false
GRAPHICS
  • Mirror refresh rate settings in Video Options.
  • Option to set a fixed fps cap, a fixed rate cut based on current fps or "Auto", which is a dynamic setting.
  • Global performance optimizations.
  • Potential fix for virtual mirror clipping with geometry in some car cockpits.
  • Added stop marker in the regular pitstop animation to help with car positioning.
  • Revised pedal animation system and fixed an issue where the throttle pedal would occasionally remain stuck in pressed position.
  • Optimized secondary animations in replay and spectator mode.
  • Fixed National class sticker visibility.
  • Added Lumirank SAS driver info device showing track/car status.
CONTROLS:
  • Added FFB per car setting (default keys are NUM8 and NUM2 to increase/decrease, remappable).
  • Values are stored in a file called "ffbUserSettings.json", it is a multiplier on the global gain you set in the controls settings.
  • Added gamepad rumble effect type enhanced/legacy options, legacy being the rumble implementation used to date.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

Last edited:
I think there are some things very injustice, when someone hits you back in your car, you lost race and SA, i disagree with this kind of SA system, of course you lost your position but only the drivers who crash must lost SA, maybe it could be better toó if we can use more damage settings and less lost SA points from involved drivers

There are race with a lot of touch, but most of the time, if you have 1 touch and you make a clean race, the SA don't go down.

Isn't that a little like saying i buy all my weekly food from Tesco, so they should let me have todays few groceries for free?
I don't believe this is the same argument, but at least Kunos don't force the purchase of unused cars just to be able to race on a mixed grid (RR3) or even spectate (iRacing). Having said that, Kunos setting the price such that US$8 = £8 = €8 does nothing to endear them to British consumers.

There are race with a lot of touch, but most of the time, if you have 1 touch and you make a clean race, the SA don't go down.
It's a balance of OBWP and other factors such as race-craft and consistency. If a single touch knocks down the SR, it's likely the other metrics were not going in your favour over several events.
For AI races and offline practice, until I am used to a track I tend to have ratings disabled. I get no benefit from running cleanly, but conversely I can try new approaches without jeopardising SR.

Oh, easy money is it? New track, two new cars, and the whole 2020 line up and liveries. That takes work - a lot of it.

Oh sod it, I give up. Really would all of you that are complaining about chargeable DLC that's cheaper than a bloody pizza prefer that Kunos dumps the DLC model and goes for yearly full price releases. You know like ACC '18, ACC '19, ACC '20.
To be honest, programming the base game takes a lot more man-hours than creating the assets. So in a certain way, DLCs are always overpriced compared to the base game.

So far ACC and all of the DLC has cost me less than a single yearly iteration of the F1 series.
That doesn't make sense.

F1 2020 Deluxe Edition = 70 €
ACC + Intercontinental GT Pack + GT4 Pack + 2020 GT World Challenge Pack = 45 € + 15 € + 20 € + 9 € = 89 €

Oh please AI are still pure crap. Did five 30min races yesterday and same old monkey business. Saved and watched the replays in full. AI have no race craft whatsoever. Unrealistic driving behaviors. They zig zag on your back on the braking zone, they always want to tap your back side to spin you, they ram you on the side and cannot race wheel to wheel, or if they do spin you, they do the worst thing possible, go full throttle at it like its demolition derby. AI still form a train ahead/behind you. The only position changes was me. Sure they can attach you but why don't they do it among themselves?

I play strictly offline/single player so for me AI is everything. I don't care about DLC/Liveries/Tires. That is secondary stuff for me to enjoy. All this hype of developing the AI and this is what we get.....brainless and clueless. In decades of racing games this is among the worst and dull. I will not hold back on this because this game has been out for over two years. People hype it up like its the best thing to happen to sim racing but it has plenty of issues and faults. Kunos need to seriously get at team to work on their AI for future games. This nonsense has to come to a stop. RaceRoom has by far the best AI and AMS2 is getting there.

Last edited:
.....brainless and clueless.
That's what they are. Robots :cautious:

I play strictly offline/single player
That's on you.

RaceRoom has by far the best AI and AMS2 is getting there.
So you can go on with RaceRoom and AMS2. While I don't agree on AMS2's AI.

Oh please AI are still pure crap. Did five 30min races yesterday and same old monkey business. Saved and watched the replays in full. AI have no race craft whatsoever. Unrealistic driving behaviors. They zig zag on your back on the braking zone, they always want to tap your back side to spin you, they ram you on the side and cannot race wheel to wheel, or if they do spin you, they do the worst thing possible, go full throttle at it like its demolition derby. AI still form a train ahead/behind you. The only position changes was me. Sure they can attach you but why don't they do it among themselves?

I play strictly offline/single player so for me AI is everything. I don't care about DLC/Liveries/Tires. That is secondary stuff for me to enjoy. All this hype of developing the AI and this is what we get.....brainless and clueless. In decades of racing games this is among the worst and dull. I will not hold back on this because this game has been out for over two years. People hype it up like its the best thing to happen to sim racing but it has plenty of issues and faults. Kunos need to seriously get at team to work on their AI for future games. This nonsense has to come to a stop. RaceRoom has by far the best AI and AMS2 is getting there.
This nonsense has to come to a stop.
Exactly

Making skin etc can be time consuming for amateurs and they are using their free time without pay. That is not an easy job.

But for a gaming company, it can't be that hard which has full time designers etc. Maybe they are getting new designs from the teams as well because of sponsorship agreements.

I don't see anything new except 1 new track in this DLC. And it should be evaluated accordingly.

Modified version of same car is a little difeerent than new content. Rfactor gave them free of charge last month for some cars.

New tire model should be free. I didn't get the point 2020 season was accessible without DLC and because of my previous message would be wrong at that point.

If they charged players during early access, it is normal to expect game ımprovements without charge, like I said before.

I do not think you have any clue what you talking about :O_o:

Last edited:
Despite not really being a fan of Imola, I'm happy to...and did contribute for it, two cars and liveries.
It is my way of saying 'Thank you...keep going' to Kunos Simulazioni.
There are a lot of things we can complain about in simracing.
Kunos pricing to date isn't one of them.
If you go back to the very beginning of ACC' early access, the price was beyond fair.
Following on from that, every new DLC release has been reasonable for the type and amount of content.
A track, two cars and a whole host of other improvements is well worth $9.00.
Think about what $9.00 gets you by todays standards.
I think multiple guys sitting down at their computers coding a product for hours, is well worth it.
The fact they continue to streamline and optimize the software is an added bonus.
It doesn't have to be perfect at release but they keep advancing it...as we do in the real world of simulation.
That is what makes the difference.

Last edited:
Same here, even at 70FPS it's like playing at 30... Some sort of stuttering, or trembling...
It's a little better with VSYNC.
AA is also worst than before, without it looks like a PS2 game and in KTAA epic it looks like a low AA setting, even in DSR 2K

I have been assured repeatedly in the process of working out an AMD-related issue that literally nothing has changed in the graphcis engine. I'm inclined to believe them, no point in hiding that. Imola might need some optimising.

What I still really miss, and I know its a major task to do, is the dinamic racing line (in dry and mostly in wet, where is even more important). And a much greater difference in turns of grip for "racing line" and "off-racing" line on rubberized track when starts raining.
In my opinion thats actually the only thing that I miss.

I've been driving in light rain a lot since the dynamic weather got somewhat broken, & there is a noticeable advantage to not using the dry line when you're on slicks & it's damp. By the time you're on full wets the rain is cleaning the track anyway. I agree there should be more of a difference though.

To be honest, programming the base game takes a lot more man-hours than creating the assets. So in a certain way, DLCs are always overpriced compared to the base game.

Well it does come down to the game as to how this is balanced, but in general asset creation is by far and away the most labour intensive aspect of producing a game. For a AAA title you generally have a small team of coders working on the core engine of the game, but you'll have multiple large teams of artists creating the assets.

That doesn't make sense.

F1 2020 Deluxe Edition = 70 €
ACC + Intercontinental GT Pack + GT4 Pack + 2020 GT World Challenge Pack = 45 € + 15 € + 20 € + 9 € = 89 €

I bought pretty early on when the base ACC was cheaper than it is today, but even with the current pricing you've proved a point here in that ACC with all the DLC still offers damned good value for money, and the base ACC offers a complete GT3 experience over 2 seasons for relative peanuts compared to the F1 titles.

The graphic engine have no change, but he game is slower now, and there is performance optimization in the changelog
I have had to adjust core affinity after the update to prevent micro-stutters. I suspect the GPU optimisation in ACC is fighting with the OS CPU and GPU pipline optimisation. I've explicitly disabled core 0/1 for ACC - it should have done this by default, but it seems the new engine is compiled to override W10's default of preventing games from using Core 0/1 on CPU's with above eight cores when game mode is enabled.
When I next get a chance, I'll publish my updated VR settings for ACC 1.6 which create the double benefit of improving the graphics and eliminating the micro-stutters. (No, it's not all about v-sync and frame rate caps!!)

Last edited:
after trying the so called new tire model I didn't feel any difference at all. I was expecting more feedback from the wheel after so called physics and tire change.

Still no reaction from wheel during traction loss or weight transfer. I can't understand the reason of this even the previous AC has more lively wheel reactions than this. I have downloaded some popular mods and the cars feel more alive than ACC.

Still unoptimised that I couldn't get fluid gameplay. I have bought new CPU, GPU & Ram for this game but still unable to achieve fluid game.

Maybe Kunos will introduce Performance Optimisation or Real Feel DLC in future. Everybody in this forum would be pleased to pay the price.

Same cars with update doesn't look new car for me.

I couldn't understand of getting new driver names and new decals benefit for the player. Is AI changes behaviour depending on the driver name?

If you have AMS2, you could understand better the developers agenda. Even the AMS has many missing items and bugs, developer is focusing on new DLC packages as priority.

If everybody is happy with pay for upgrade practice, than there is no problem for them. But I am not.
There's no finished games today, take a look shooters, flight, adventure, we bought an unfinished product, but we are the only guity, first step we made wrong was pay for a beta, now there's no turning back, is sad and agree with you, but sometimes we help in the creation of new companies and studios, take a look here at ACC, i bought Netkar Pro and Ferrari Academy, and it was the begining of Kunos, now we have a great team in the development of ACC, same with Reiza or a little group of modders that released a mod from f1 2001 inspired on GT1, they known as simulation binaries, now Simbin...
Everything has two ways you could look, good or bad, i want to believe in good

after trying the so called new tire model I didn't feel any difference at all. I was expecting more feedback from the wheel after so called physics and tire change.

Still no reaction from wheel during traction loss or weight transfer. I can't understand the reason of this even the previous AC has more lively wheel reactions than this. I have downloaded some popular mods and the cars feel more alive than ACC.

Still unoptimised that I couldn't get fluid gameplay. I have bought new CPU, GPU & Ram for this game but still unable to achieve fluid game.

Maybe Kunos will introduce Performance Optimisation or Real Feel DLC in future. Everybody in this forum would be pleased to pay the price.
Pure hate speech or trolling and I shouldn't response to it, but... The changes in the tire physics are noticable at my wheel (T300RS). Also the game runs great at 1080p. (I9-9900K and GTX 1070). What the heck did you bought?

Last edited:

With the NSX Evo and 720S there is definitely a difference. However, those cars have always had handling which is very different to that of all the other cars - relying in the ABS and TC like the other cars is a one-way ticket to the barrier. As for the other cars, there is more difference in the 2020 season compound changes than in the 2019 and earlier tyres, but there is a much bigger difference on the limit.
The FFB you say isn't there definitely is, but most of the recommended FFB settings on YouTube and on random websites do nothing but ruin the FFB. If I were a betting man, I'd say some of those posts are either copy-paste from others or a little malicious,
I don't know which wheel you are using, but it may be a good time for you to delete your current settings and remake them. If you are using Logitech, reset ALL values in Logitech Hub and make NO changes there after. The Logitech Hub software will disable meaningful FFB if any of the settings are modified. Make all changes in ACC. If you are using Fanatec DD 1/2 or CSW or CSL, use Fanalab and the beta firmware. Then use the recommended FFB settings from the forum. It makes a huge difference!
Those are the only two systems I know intimately so I cannot comment on others.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%