ACC V1.6 and 2020 GTWC DLC Now Available

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
I can't see this in Steam. Anybody else?
Can't see it either, US West.

EDIT: Found it, it's not on game main Store page

Last edited:

Romandevison

100RPM
Jun 22, 2019
Don't know how representative that is but i think nürburgring is one of the heaviest tracks?
Yep. :unsure:

Bad frame pacing for me since 1.6.0.. FPS counter always shows a steady 60 fps (with frame limiter, no VSYNC), but it's running very uneven, sometimes it looks smooth, sometimes it feels like 30 fps, and anything between. GPU is bored and no CPU core is at 100 %.

Am I the only one?
2600x \ RTX2070 - bad performance.

Beta 2019 worked better in my case.

Last edited:

kamackeris

2000RPM
Premium
Sep 4, 2015
Unless I'm being dumb, I can't choose the 2 new cars in single player race?

Edit.... Sorted!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure if you meant this, but to clarify. When you press 2020 on top of the screen. All cars will now have this new Pirelli DHE tyre. For the older seasons there is also an update to the tyremodel but they still use the older tyre from Pirelli.

it doesn’t have anything to do with the year next to the car name.
That's what I meant indeed, but yes, your explanation is... clearer.

2018 and 2019 seasons... old compound, DHD something
2020 season... DHE compound

James Burton

50RPM
Premium
Apr 26, 2019
AI seem to have moved from a straight line to a checkered type line, looks fantastic though less blur:thumbsup: also the AI will defend your overtake which is a cool. i'm maxed out on a 2080ti and at 80fps, 25 cars.

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
AI is interesting. I find them very passive and boring at Imola even at 100% aggression, however at Brands they pass me like i'm standing still and have no problems being aggressive. I think Imola may need a bit more tuning for the AI.

I also don't see them battle much and have yet to see the AI make a mistake and crash out of race.

Reactions: G_B

PurgerUK

500RPM
Premium
Apr 28, 2015
It's not meant to be sarcasm .

I never played ACC much due to the bad vr performance and this is much better,

Gave it another shot, this time nürburgring with the same setup, so 15 ai and starting last.

Obviously some dropped frames at the first corner. After that i had two small stutters with 2-3 dropped application frames at the "Bit Corner" and 1 dropped compositor frame somewhere around the track.

Now that's not as smooth as monza but for me, that's good enough now to not keep me from playing in vr anymore.

Don't know how representative that is but i think nürburgring is one of the heaviest tracks?
Its certainly improved and will have to see how much eye candy I can switch back on but even with mid to low graphic settings and 120% SS it hits my GPU harder than AMS2 at mid to high graphics at 200% SS. On the other hand the physics, sound, FFB and motion are all better so I guess you can't have it all.

Last edited:

kamackeris

2000RPM
Premium
Sep 4, 2015
Not that I use the weightings on the advanced matchmaking settings but imola is missing on tracks... (I was wondering if I could just search for imola servers)

Zolazem

25RPM
Jan 16, 2020
Great update , Do a race @ Imola ....looks great , car behavior/physics and AI are incredible Clean and real racing .....great job Kunos :thumbsup::)
I also tried three races against AI and all three times this happened and no I’m not steering into them.

E80FCCE7-2609-4970-BD26-91F6B4112C4B.png

Reactions: Eng.

cr4wl3r0

50RPM
Dec 21, 2014
Thank you Kunos: I will purchase anything, even if in these days I do prefere playing ..... Assetto Corsa, because it' s more fun and with the contribution of the modder commuinity it has become also graphically stunning. I do hope ACC is going to be improved further on, and on, and on.....

Slapped

250RPM
Premium
Oct 2, 2019
I also tried three races against AI and all three times this happened and no I’m not steering into them.

View attachment 420745
I've had that, and my feeling was "YEAAAAAAA at last" The AI has now got some proper balls. Best racing I've had in ACC so far.

You just need to be aware of where you are, where the other cars are, and proactively keep yourself out of danger, much like real world racing.

Last edited:

Zolazem

25RPM
Jan 16, 2020
The whole reason we had terrible AI the first time around was folks complaining about being rammed. I'd like to see video of said incident before we determine the AI were at fault.
I’m sorry didn’t save the replays. I checked the replays myself to be sure it was not my fault. Actually it is not really ramming but just a little kiss on my taillight and i had no chance to hold the car and it goes around.

Slapped

250RPM
Premium
Oct 2, 2019
I’m sorry didn’t save the replays. I checked the replays myself to be sure it was not my fault. Actually it is not really ramming but just a little kiss on my taillight and i had no chance to hold the car and it goes around.
Well in real racing it's not always your fault if you get tipped into the kitty litter. Just learn how to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and if it does happen hit the brakes light to medium and countersteer - you may lose some places but you'll still be in the race

Reactions: Zolazem

G_B

100RPM
Dec 29, 2018
""DHE tyres available for applicable tyre dimensions for the 2020 GTWCH season.""

I saw a video saying that it was quite revolutionary and that it should inspire other simulations.

And you what is your feeling? Does it change the driving? the sensations? the tyre management?

Is it interesting or does it become too complex for the average player?

May 18, 2014
I've had that, and my feeling was "YEAAAAAAA at last" The AI has now got some proper balls. Best racing I've had in ACC so far.

You just need to be aware of where you are, where the other cars are, and proactively keep yourself out of danger, much like real world racing.
You're right man. I've tried GT3's @ Spa and I've crashed with another driver but totally was my fault. Specifically: Lap 1 Kemmel Straight and approaching Les Combes, drivers brake earlier, I see a gap but another driver tries the big (clean) lunge from the back, I try to make it 3 wide but he eventually came past me and there was not enough space, got taken out. AI races really well now. We have to think that ACC is an Endurance Sim so the AI is built around that concept and style of racing and not like BTCC