Paul Jeffrey

Premium
This Saturday 21st March, the Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club will be running a special 90 minute endurance sprint around the tight and twisty confines of the Formula One hosting Hungaroring circuit.

With no restrictions on the amount of pitstops, a track where technical driving is a must and mistakes are quickly punished, and a field of GT3 drivers fighting for every inch of tarmac, the 90 minutes of Hungaroring is sure to be an online race you don't want to miss out on!

CLICK HERE to see event details and register for the race.

Taking place using Kunos Simulazioni's Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, the event is open to any Premium member of RaceDepartment regardless of experience and skill. All we ask is you race fair, have fun and enjoy the event!

How do I sign up?

Easy, get your name down on the sign up page at the Assetto Corsa Racing Club sub forum HERE.

When are we racing?

The whole event will take place on Saturday 21st March, with practice starting at 20:00 UTC. Full schedule below:

Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (90 minutes)

So folks, what's stopping you? Get on over to the race sign up page here and put your name down for some exciting Assetto Corsa Competizione racing action at the Hungaroring Circuit this Saturday evening!

ACC Hungaroring header.jpg

Maybe one day we'll finally have enough drivers in Asia Pacific to get races catered to our time zones.
Oh there are enough people who race ACC in AP time zones but they (myself included) race elsewhere as sadly RD doesn't cater any longer to timezones outside of Europe for AC and ACC events :-(

I suggest to check out some of the many good discord groups which is where racing is happening these days.

I also found the US time based CP races in ACC to have a decent following with good racing on a regular basis.

Maybe one day we'll finally have enough drivers in Asia Pacific to get races catered to our time zones.
Oh there are enough people who race ACC in AP time zones but they (myself included) race elsewhere as sadly RD doesn't cater any longer to timezones outside of Europe for AC and ACC events :-(

I suggest to check out some of the many good discord groups which is where racing is happening these days.

I also found the US time based CP races in ACC to have a decent following with good racing on a regular basis.

If someone volunteers to organise then it can happen! Most of our staff members are from Europe, you can offer your services.

If RD wants to run an event that has more global reach I would be happy to donate my Azure based server in Singapore, this should give good latency to most regions in the world as it’s very central

If someone volunteers to organise then it can happen! Most of our staff members are from Europe, you can offer your services.

So no point getting a Premium membership if you are not living in Europe as you will get no support from RD Staff, is that the message you want to send ?

Honestly with a little less eurocentric schedule and earlier race times RD could serve a larger user base IMHO.

So no point getting a Premium membership if you are not living in Europe as you will get no support from RD Staff, is that the message you want to send ?

Honestly with a little less eurocentric schedule and earlier race times RD could serve a larger user base IMHO.

So as I understand it, most staff are volunteers? Do correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of the day these RD events are run for peoples enjoyment. Running any events at all is a great thing, let alone with the attitude and organisation, dedication and passion with which RD does it. If you want it to be better and have the spare time, then volunteer. I appreciate that many (myself included) don't have time, but if you do have time then complaining isn't going to fix anything, volunteering will.

Thank you for the lesson. Coming from someone who does not have the time himself, it means a lot ... Where is the difficulty in organizing a morning or midday race once in a while ?

Thank you for the lesson. Coming from someone who does not have the time himself, it means a lot ... Where is the difficulty in organizing a morning or midday race once in a while ?

Given that I don't know much about these races, take everything I say with a bucket of salt.

I suppose it would be the fact that the organisers can't be present for fixing problems, stewarding and things like that. I'd imagine that just in case something goes wrong, with an entrant or with the core event itself, the organisers need to be there. For that to happen, it needs to be organised for a time when the organisers are free. Unfortunately, if most/all are European-based then that means most/all events are held in European free time hours. The only possible exception would be weekends, but then people might be working on weekends or have another hobby/sport they take part in during 9-5 on weekends.

This is of course forgetting that other than work and simracing, people have things such as families, sleep, food, general relaxing etc that take priority.

Maybe put a post out, see the number of people in your time zone that are interested and if any of them have the time and willingness to volunteer, then you could have some events!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%