ACC sound mixing

I've been trying to find the optimal settings in the sound options.

Overall the sound engine seems to be very good but...

My goal was to optimise the sound and spatial awareness of the opponent cars, with me driving in my car using in cockpit view.

The main problems I ran into are:

- The Dolby Atmos for headphones option I have does not really enable hearing the difference between a car in front or behind me (left and right are ok but that's easy..)

- To hear the opponents at all, I had to set opponent's and external engins to 100% and all other settings related to my own car to no more than 50%.

- Even with these settings, when driving full out in a race field you need to be very close to an opponent (one or two car length) to hear him. And the sound of the other car is very weak. This seems idealistic to me and a pitty. So I would suggest that sound dropoff due to distance be less sensitive and that sound of surrounding cars be made stronger.

- Although internal engin sounds are set at 50% or lower, when you drive along the stands, you get a very strong sound reflection/echo from your own car due to the fact that external engine is at 100%. There is some logic to that but it does not sound natural and is too much

I would've happy to discussing this and what the best settings are with those interested.

Paul

- The Dolby Atmos for headphones option I have does not really enable hearing the difference between a car in front or behind me (left and right are ok but that's easy..)
Dolby Atmos that's included in Windows doesn't really work well, and, more importantly, needs support from the game. I'm almost certain ACC doesn't support Atmos (only a handful of games does).

If virtual surround is what you're after, I can wholeheartedly recommend using HeSuVi and picking whatever HRTF algorithm works best for you (since that depends on many factors and differs from person to person).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hesuvi/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 83 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.5%
  • < 5 years