ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I run the latest update and it has been working fine. But all of a sudden the Companion is not opening in an active window. I can see it as a small; blank screen when I do Alt-Tab but I can not activate it. Its like its living outside the screen somehow.
I tried to re-install but it did not fix the issue.

Attachments

• 2021-06-17 (3).png
    2021-06-17 (3).png
    703.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I run the latest update and it has been working fine. But all of a sudden the Companion is not opening in an active window. I can see it as a small; blank screen when I do Alt-Tab but I can not activate it. Its like its living outside the screen somehow.
I tried to re-install but it did not fix the issue.
Go to the folder <Documents>\ACCResults and rename the file ACCResultsSettings.json (this saves the screen position & size among other things), then try restarting ARC

Hi!
I love the app! It's really helpful and just cool. Just Yesterday, I got a new PC and I was wandering, if it's possible to export/import all the data from the app that I had on my previous machine? Some folders to copy?
Greets

Hi!
I love the app! It's really helpful and just cool. Just Yesterday, I got a new PC and I was wandering, if it's possible to export/import all the data from the app that I had on my previous machine? Some folders to copy?
Greets
Sure...Find the folder <Documents>\ACCResults on your old PC and copy it to the same location on your new one and then all your history should be copied across.

However, if you moved your ARC folder, you can find its location on the settings page. Here, I'm moved mine to OneDrive
1623997988821.png

BTW...You should also perform regular backups on this folder

Last edited:
Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.12.6

• Fix race records for resumed SP races
  • Brake bias offset for Porsche 991 ii
  • Fix session fastest lap on session summary
  • Car/Track History - Option to display fastest laps from each session only
  • Car/Track History - Exclude In/Out laps will also exclude lap 1 for non-Hotstint/hotlap sessions)
  • Fix player identification where name in server list does not match driver name
  • Fix player car highlight displaying player laps the first time
  • Player car highlight...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion 1.12.6 Released (here)

Highlights:-

Fixed Server Entry List Changes​

ACC reports the player car to ARC, but not which driver the player is. ARC has to match on the reported driver first/last/short name to decide which driver the player is for multi-driver teams. For servers with fixed entry lists (private servers, SimGrid, simracing.gp etc), there may be a mismatch between the entry name, and the player driver name configured in ACC.

For single driver teams, the driver is always assumed to be the player. If there is a mismatch, this is reported when you mouse over the driver name (if no mismatch, no pop-up is displayed).

1624039583531.png

Where there are multiple drivers, and there is not an exact name match, it is not possible to identify the driver, but this can be done manually. Pick your driver by right clicking and selecting This is me
1624039609696.png

Ths laps will then be updated (using your ACC driver profile)
1624039622113.png

Note the colour coding has changed. The player is highlighted in blue, other team drivers are in grey (and other cars remain white)

For older races, all drivers may have been flagged as the player. For instance, the first driver is not the player here
1624039646968.png

To flag this should not be the driver, right click and select This is not me
1624039664256.png

This will de-select all drivers in the team, and then you can now select your driver. Fastest laps and leaderboards will be updated accordingly

All team drivers will now be shown in the leaderboard
1624039675296.png

Car/Track History​

When excluding In/Out Laps, this will also exclude lap 1 for races, practice sessions, qualifying as ACC adds time to the first sector (for older recordings In/Out lap information wasn't available). This should avoid the skewing of the heatmaps.
1624039686244.png

If you just want the fastest lap from each session, use the Fastest Laps Only checkbox
1624039697255.png

Note also, only the player laps will be displayed now, not including laps from other team members.

Other fixes​

• Brake bias offset fixed for Porsche 991 II
  • Where a race record was made in a resumed SP race (and the partial sessions were deleted), these will now be recorded
  • The fastest lap fixed on the session summary pop-up

For older races, all drivers may have been flagged as the player. For instance, the first driver is not the player here
1624039646968.png

To flag this should not be the driver, right click and select This is not me
I have a session with me as 2nd driver and it substituted the name of the first driver with my name and I don't get the "This is not me", how do I get it to show?

Also Question: Couldnt it just automatically mark any lap that doesnt have tyre data as "not me" cause if it were me it would in 99.99% of cases have tyre data?

Last edited:
I have a session with me as 2nd driver and it substituted the name of the first driver with my name and I don't get the "This is not me", how do I get it to show?

Also Question: Couldnt it just automatically mark any lap that doesnt have tyre data as "not me" cause if it were me it would in 99.99% of cases have tyre data?
I know multi-driver teams are a problem at the moment. Can you export your diagnostics - this sounds like a scenario I haven't catered for (instruction here)

Sure
BpSqAzf2P3oTVNsM313gmk2xn9kfeqJ6hExJiHkgds4
Here you go.
Trying to answer 2 questions in one go...
  • The This is me/This is not me option should be shown on right mouse click of the lap row if the driver is ambiguous from the data stored. It won't be shown if ARC thinks it is certain who the driver is. 1.12.6 should lower the chance of incorrectly identifying another driver as the player. However, I'll look at your suggestion - if there is SHM data present, it must be the player. I won't be automatically fixing up old sessions though as there is too much risk of breaking things (not enough information was stored in older sessions). I've had a look through your longer races and can't find an example of where This is me/This is not me isn't shown. Can you give me an example.
  • Not correctly storing multiplayer team sessions where you aren't the first driver.: I think an example of this is your Bathurst race on 19/6/21 from 12:00 to 18:25. Can you confirm this was all one race (image below)? The new broadcast method does at least mean something is stored, so it is a step in the right direction. However, for the first stint (lap 1-27), ACC is reporting this as practice in shared memory (practice is "0" which probably just also means it isn't set). Laps 27-97 (you and driver 3) were recorded, but this ACC reports no session active until you driver again at lap 113
  • 1624207317135.png
The main notification of events for ARC is the shared memory status. I'm going to have to see if I can get any supplementary information from the Broadcast interface. However, ACC isn't making this easy and I need to ensure that any change I make to address this, doesn't break everything else.

Bear with me

Not correctly storing multiplayer team sessions where you aren't the first driver.: I think an example of this is your Bathurst race on 19/6/21 from 12:00 to 18:25. Can you confirm this was all one race (image below)? The new broadcast method does at least mean something is stored, so it is a step in the right direction. However, for the first stint (lap 1-27), ACC is reporting this as practice in shared memory (practice is "0" which probably just also means it isn't set). Laps 27-97 (you and driver 3) were recorded, but this ACC reports no session active until you driver again at lap 113
Yea it's all one race.
It went like this:
Driver 1 -> Me -> Driver 1 -> Driver 3 -> I leave lobby -> I rejoin -> Driver 3 still -> Me -> Driver 3
Then Driver 3 disconnected, Driver 1 got the car and Driver 1 disconnected and I left. (I assume ACR doesn't really mind that)
Can you give me an example.
For that Bathurst Race I don't have
giphy.gif

There's also Laguna Seca Race on 12/06 where I don't have the option, cause same name I guess.

Yea it's all one race.
It went like this:
Driver 1 -> Me -> Driver 1 -> Driver 3 -> I leave lobby -> I rejoin -> Driver 3 still -> Me -> Driver 3
Then Driver 3 disconnected, Driver 1 got the car and Driver 1 disconnected and I left. (I assume ACR doesn't really mind that)

For that Bathurst Race I don't have
giphy.gif

There's also Laguna Seca Race on 12/06 where I don't have the option, cause same name I guess.
OK - thanks. That make sense then. I was worried about the missing laps, but your disconnection explains that. I'm stuck in an infuriating situation with ACC. 99% of the time I can use shared memory to report when a new session starts (based on change in session type etc). However, shared memory doesn't update correctly (IMHO anyway) if you aren't the first driver - probably because it thinks its job is just player centric. However, Broadcast does report the track correctly if you aren't the new player. But, and this is a big but, a Broadcast session is only valid for a given session and won't tell you anything about a change in session. So in most circumstances I need information from shared memory, and in one I need information from Broadcast but there is no way of telling which scenario I need. I'm sure Kunos do this just to drive us crazy. I'm going to have to work out a way that works in both scenarios, without having to re-architect the whole code.

BTW, on Laguna Seca, ARC is certain that is you so doesn't give the option to say "This is not me"

Hello Doug and users, is there a way import results file from a server? That would be really great.
Thank you very much
Sure.
1624892619574.png

You can monitor server results folders from the settings page. This can either be a local folder where you copy the files to, or a share to the server results folder. Press F1 in this text box to bring up more help on this

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 103 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 109 13.3%