ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi - the software knows which track I'm on, it knows which car I am in but it does not record any data what so ever, what am I doing wrong?
unknown.png
That picture's too low resolution to read. Can you export the diagnostics and I'll have a look (instructions here)

Would it be possible to add a 'Close to tray' option in settings? I keep hitting close (instead of minimize) and expecting the app to still be running in the tray. So, sometimes I miss recording of sessions because I exited the app by mistake.

Thank you for this excellent app - it has been very helpful.

Would it be possible to add a 'Close to tray' option in settings? I keep hitting close (instead of minimize) and expecting the app to still be running in the tray. So, sometimes I miss recording of sessions because I exited the app by mistake.

Thank you for this excellent app - it has been very helpful.
OK - I'll have a look

Doug I just exported diagnostics, user ID rAidioVIifxhTaIIcZWBCxEQyXThL0M7PwA71JsgV2g

Having troubles getting the Leaderboards to fully download.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Unhelpfully, the GoogleDrive just reports the problem as "One or more errors occurred". I think that might just be a temporary error at the server side. To test all is good, interrupt the download after a few minutes (the full download is probably taking up to an hour now)

Go to the leaderboard page. If ARC has just been started, wait until the Refresh ARC Times button changes into a progress bar...otherwise, just click the Refresh ARC Times button

1625724235078.png

Wait a couple of minutes. When you mouse over the progress bar, you should see the progress count creep up (eg Downloading 100 of 4731 leaderboard records). Right click and select Pause Leaderboard Download. All records downloaded so far so be committed and visible in the leaderboard. Check the log page....you don't want to see any errors in red
1625724748053.png

If all is good, restart the download by clicking the Refresh ARC Times button again. As I mentioned, the first time, the download could take up to an hour...after that, only deltas are downloaded.

Important thing to note:
  • Partial downloads aren't committed when you close ARC - only when the download is complete or paused (mainly I didn't want a very slow close procedure)
  • When you enter a race, the download will be paused, so that it doesn't affect performance
EDIT: I'm going to add some logic to detect GoogleDrive errors and commit everything received so far, just to mitigate against this in case it is an intermittent issue

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
Unhelpfully, the GoogleDrive just reports the problem as "One or more errors occurred". I think that might just be a temporary error at the server side. To test all is good, interrupt the download after a few minutes (the full download is probably taking up to an hour now)

Go to the leaderboard page. If ARC has just been started, wait until the Refresh ARC Times button changes into a progress bar...otherwise, just click the Refresh ARC Times button

View attachment 486561
Wait a couple of minutes. When you mouse over the progress bar, you should see the progress count creep up (eg Downloading 100 of 4731 leaderboard records). Right click and select Pause Leaderboard Download. All records downloaded so far so be committed and visible in the leaderboard. Check the log page....you don't want to see any errors in red
View attachment 486562
If all is good, restart the download by clicking the Refresh ARC Times button again. As I mentioned, the first time, the download could take up to an hour...after that, only deltas are downloaded.

Important thing to note:
  • Partial downloads aren't committed when you close ARC - only when the download is complete or paused (mainly I didn't want a very slow close procedure)
  • When you enter a race, the download will be paused, so that it doesn't affect performance
EDIT: I'm going to add some logic to detect GoogleDrive errors and commit everything received so far, just to mitigate against this in case it is an intermittent issue
Thanks Doug. I think your solution seems like a good middle ground. Another option might be to retry X many times after a failure reported by Google. Not sure if it’s a number of request per minute or something causing this?

It always seems to error out on me somewhere between 70-100 leaderboards. Not sure why.

ill try and do the “pause” solution you mentioned to get it all downloaded.

Thanks Doug. I think your solution seems like a good middle ground. Another option might be to retry X many times after a failure reported by Google. Not sure if it’s a number of request per minute or something causing this?

It always seems to error out on me somewhere between 70-100 leaderboards. Not sure why.

ill try and do the “pause” solution you mentioned to get it all downloaded.
How much RAM do you have and how much free space is there for your paging file? It might be that it is running out of memory

If I can provide any other info, let me know. I've tried reinstalling several times, deleting all the files, registry keys, etc. Still seems to persist no matter what I try.
As well as retries, I'll add some extra messages in the next release - I think I've figure out how to get more information out of the GoogleDrive service when it has a wobble

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.13.0

ACC Results Companion V1.13.0 Released (here)
  • Custom league race types/points
  • Option to disable the close button
  • Improved detection of multi-driver teams in MP rac es
  • Leaderboards - If GoogleDrive throws an error, the operation will be retried. If unsuccessful, all downloaded results so far will be committed
  • Leaderboards - report the underlying...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.13.0 Released (here)

Highlights:

Custom League Race Types/Points
Customise Race Types

Race types are used to define different scoring schemas. You can either edit the names of existing schemas or create your own.
1625916199894.png

1625916207237.png

You can add or delete race types/sub types. When you add a race type, a template row is added. Double-click the row to edit the name.
1625916223652.png

1625916231992.png

Note: While you can edit the names of the default type/sub type ("GT World Challenge Europe"/"Default"), these can not be deleted.

Any changes will be reflected in the leagues page

Customise Points
Right click in the championship session to edit the points schemas. All race types/sub-types will be shown.

You can edit existing schemas:
1625916265383.png

For new schemas, initially, the form will be blank. Right click to add rows and double-click columns to edit
1625916283455.png

Once changes have been made, remember to press save to commit to the database.

Types
TypeDescription
POSITIONFinishing position
POLEStarting (qualifying) position. Most series give bonus points for qualifying on pole. Note, this is taken from the starting position, not the previous qualifying session, as that may not be known. For some race types (server results, resumed SP races), the starting position may not have been recorded, so the position is taken at the end of lap 1
PERIOD_LEADfor the position (normally 1st) at quarter and half distance. Normally used for the longer endurance races

Disable the form close button
If selected, the form close button will be disabled on next restart
1625916516362.png

Multi-Driver Teams
Improved detection of sessions in multi-driver teams, especially where the player isn't the first driver. Now the session type should be picked up correctly and when the driver changes, it should (hopefully) be displayed all in the same session

Leaderboards
A collection of fixes to handle GoogleDrive errors. If GoogleDrive throws an error, it will now be re-tried, and if unrecoverable, the results so far will be committed. Also, the underlying error will be reported, rather than the unhelpful "one of more errors occurred"

Last edited:
@Doug Duthie Not sure if new in this version or not but I'm unable to filter leaderboard down to team members.

It looks like when doing the join between the team_members table and leaderboard table, the join on moniker is failing because in the leaderboard table the moniker field is null and in team_member it's an empty string. I updated my tables manually to get it working but wanted to let you know.

Hi Doug - since I updated to version V1.13.0 this morning the car/track history tab no longer works. I get a message that no records are available for the chosen car/track combo. I've attached the log error report I get if that offers any clue to what is going on? Sessions are still being recorded and are showing as normal.

Attachments

• ACC Results Log.jpg
    ACC Results Log.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 39
Hi Doug - since I updated to version V1.13.0 this morning the car/track history tab no longer works. I get a message that no records are available for the chosen car/track combo. I've attached the log error report I get if that offers any clue to what is going on? Sessions are still being recorded and are showing as normal.
Same for me. Looks like the SQL statement needs a slight tweak to fix.

An update to one of the tables, broke one or two of the queries.

This will be fixed in the next update

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years