ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I usually run ACC + ACC Results Companion + ACC Race Engineer + Crew Chief + FanaLabs + Logitech G Hub

I launch ACC through ACC Results Companion

It is working correctly at the moment.

I will check that it runs correctly each launch, and if it bugs out will post a shared memory screenshot for you.

carModel is display correctly.

View attachment 397144

OK - thanks. Also, if it does happen again, can you note what type of session you were running, how long ACC and ARC were running and what it took to get it working again (try restart of ARC...if that didn't work, try ACC)

Hi Doug,
Spotted a small bug, logging properties always set debug and broadcasting log on. If you untick these options, they are back on next restart.
And this one is just to be nitpicking ;) version number is out of splash screen when third part contains two digits.

Otherwise no issue in recorded session since a long time, everything is working fine.
The first thing was intentional - I was having issues supporting problems if they weren't always on. I may revert back if things settle down.

Re the splash screen - I think I must be using a non-standard font, and it reverts to a standard one (of different size) if you don't have it. Shouldn't be a big deal to fix

Thanks

Are you running any other apps accessing ACC shared memory? Clutching at straws, if you see the situation again, can you install the attached quick and dirty test harness (rename to zip, and install the app TestSHM). Start ACC, press Connect button, then refresh (as many times as you want) and it will display some of the shared memory fields. I'd be interested in smVersion in Static (should be 1.8) and playCarID in Graphic

Haven't encountered the problem again yet but I'll just add that I run DashPanel (via Steam) + ACC Results Companion at the same time.

Anyone else having issues that even checked in the settings ACC-Results Companion does not start to system tray. It's been started but not to the system tray like the tool-tip says.

1597220233375.png

That's strange...

If I close Fanalab I cannot even connect, while if it is running I'm getting no info, but at least it connects

1597250954741.png

So I guess that for some strange reason Fanalab is hiding ACC shared memory in some way?

Anyone else having issues that even checked in the settings ACC-Results Companion does not start to system tray. It's been started but not to the system tray like the tool-tip says.

View attachment 397471

It will create system tray icon even if you don't select that option. Are you sure it isn't in the hidden icon list?
1597303561230.png

If you want to make sure it is always shown, right click on the taskbar, select Taskbar settings and in Notification area section, Select which icons appear on the taskbar.

1597303698119.png

Make sure ACCResults in ON. Now it should always be visible

1597303732025.png

Attachments

• 1597303624043.png
    1597303624043.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 46
That's strange...

If I close Fanalab I cannot even connect, while if it is running I'm getting no info, but at least it connects

View attachment 397621

So I guess that for some strange reason Fanalab is hiding ACC shared memory in some way?

Hmm....I wouldn't have thought so - shared memory should be just that. ACC creates and writes to a shared memory region and anything else should be able to read it. Given that the Connect button above is greyed, the app has managed to open the region, it just appears that everything is zeroed.

If ACC isn't running, you shouldn't be able to connect above. ACC only creates the shared memory region the first time you start a session (it never closes it after that). If you only have Fanalabs and the TestSHM app running and it manages to connect, then Fanalabs must be creating the region if it doesn't exist, and maybe it gives odd permissions.

Is it possible to start your PC without Fanalabs, start TestSHM (it won't be able to connect at this point as there is no shared memory), then start ACC and begin a session (eg SP hotlap). At this point, shared memory should be created. If you connect with TestSHM, then in theory you should see the shared memory values. Let me know the results

I don't have a Fanatec wheel, so I'm not sure I can directly test this. However, if your test above shows a difference, then I can try to create a test harness to simulate what it is doing and see how I can overcome it

Hi,
first of all: Great tool, don't want to race without anymore :)

Unfortunately I can report two bugs: Was running 1.6.6 for the last weeks and ACR did not collect statistics for two of my races last week. Practice and Qualy session are completely recorded, but no trace from the race. Only idea why: in both cases I left the server before the post-race period was over and it switched to FP again. As there is nothing listed from the race, I can't export diagnostics, do I?

And a new issue after updating to 1.6.10 today:
Was running a GT4 race with the AMG GT4 and while ACR shows my car in the Practice results, my times and my car is missing in the Quali and Race results. As if I didn' take part. No lap times listed under "Player Car", and my car is wrongly shown as the 911 GT3 R. When trying to fix the session, my car number (#37) is also not in the list, but all other (as far as I remember) starters are in there.
I attached diagnostics for the set of FP, Q and R results (zip renamed to txt), maybe this is of help for you.

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• diagnostics.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Hi,
first of all: Great tool, don't want to race without anymore :)

Unfortunately I can report two bugs: Was running 1.6.6 for the last weeks and ACR did not collect statistics for two of my races last week. Practice and Qualy session are completely recorded, but no trace from the race. Only idea why: in both cases I left the server before the post-race period was over and it switched to FP again. As there is nothing listed from the race, I can't export diagnostics, do I?

And a new issue after updating to 1.6.10 today:
Was running a GT4 race with the AMG GT4 and while ACR shows my car in the Practice results, my times and my car is missing in the Quali and Race results. As if I didn' take part. No lap times listed under "Player Car", and my car is wrongly shown as the 911 GT3 R. When trying to fix the session, my car number (#37) is also not in the list, but all other (as far as I remember) starters are in there.
I attached diagnostics for the set of FP, Q and R results (zip renamed to txt), maybe this is of help for you.

Keep up the good work!

I'm currently looking into a problem related to the first issue. The background is that when I come to build the results, I can't find a driver for a given car (the usual symptom here is that the car was excluded from the results). In your case, it looks like it couldn't find the driver for your car, which caused an exception and the session didn't save.

I think I solved the session save issue after 1.6.6 (I'd have to check which version), but the problem still remained that sometimes drivers weren't recognised. I need to verify this but, I think when you get the 911 with no results, that is the same core issue It creates a template driver with default settings and car id 0, which happens to be the Porsche, to ensure the session can at least be saved.

I now think this might be the issue that @Günthar Rowe and @aserbaser were having

I think what is happening is that I had assumed that ACC supplied the car with drivers in one go (which it does in 99% of cases). However, occasionally, I think it supplies the car, then supplies an update later on with the drivers. To avoid a performance hit, once a car is registered, I don't update it, so I might be missing the drivers occasionally. I'm currently testing a fix for this although it is rather time consuming as the condition only occurs every few races. However, I hope to have a fix out in the next release.

In the meantime, you can fix your session. Right click on the session in question and select Fix Session
1597477745914.png

Now pick your race number. If you can't remember it, cycle through them all until you see your name
1597477867472.png

The session should now be visible
1597477901583.png

In the meantime, you can fix your session. Right click on the session in question and select Fix Session
Well that's the issue. The sessions that weren't recorded are not there to fix, and the session with no car listed for me, also dont include me in the list of driver numbers.
And I cant imagine a reason why my result should have been excluded from race and qualy results, because my P3 in quali was taken over to the race and I started in P3. In the lap view, when selecting "All cars" P3 is also not listed for lap1 (and similarly, my positions in the following laps are also not given to anyone else):
1597581825710.png

Well that's the issue. The sessions that weren't recorded are not there to fix, and the session with no car listed for me, also dont include me in the list of driver numbers.
And I cant imagine a reason why my result should have been excluded from race and qualy results, because my P3 in quali was taken over to the race and I started in P3. In the lap view, when selecting "All cars" P3 is also not listed for lap1 (and similarly, my positions in the following laps are also not given to anyone else):
View attachment 398773

Ok - I see. Unfortunately, I can't get back old results where they haven't recorded properly.

I think I have a fix now but I'm just trying to test it. It's not terribly consistent on reproducing the condition - every now and again, ACC notifies cars without drivers (and possibly race numbers/car models) and updates them later which caused problems with my logic. I'm trying to ensure the fix works now (and doesn't introduce any new problems) but I haven't seen the condition repeat in the last couple of days. Once I can verify, I'll release an update.

Looking forward to a fix. Did some more races today, and in all races at least one driver is missing in the results.

Can we assist you with logs or similar? I'm eager to help :)

Looking forward to a fix. Did some more races today, and in all races at least one driver is missing in the results.

Can we assist you with logs or similar? I'm eager to help :)
At this point the logs won't help as I didn't dump out enough information in the situation I now suspect is the cause.

I'm having issues recreating reliably. When you get the issues, what is the situation:
  • Online/SP
  • Any driver changes/pitstops?
  • How many consecutive sessions in ACC ?
  • How many drivers in grid (minimum/maximum when issues occur)
Cheers

At this point the logs won't help as I didn't dump out enough information in the situation I now suspect is the cause.

I'm having issues recreating reliably. When you get the issues, what is the situation:
  • Online/SP
  • Any driver changes/pitstops?
  • How many consecutive sessions in ACC ?
  • How many drivers in grid (minimum/maximum when issues occur)
Cheers
since me updating to 1.6.10:
- all online, except for two SP sessions after the last race
- no driver changes and no pit stops (in one race there was a disconnect by one driver, who reconnected. His times and laps are correctly shown)
- 8 (races as #5 and #8), 5 (race as #4) and 8 (races as #2 and #7) sessions
- drivers: 8 (none missing), 14 (+1 missing), 8 (+1), 8(+1), 14 (+4)

Also an old bug is back in v1.6.10, when you delete a session, list is not automatically refreshed. Deleted session is still viewable with empty lap record. A WA is to click clear button, even without active filter.

Also an old bug is back in v1.6.10, when you delete a session, list is not automatically refreshed. Deleted session is still viewable with empty lap record. A WA is to click clear button, even without active filter.

I think that is is worse than that :redface: - I think the refresh is happening, but because the deletes are now asynchronous, the refresh happens before the rows are gone from the DB.

When I get some free time, I need to sort out the whole delete session area. It is super slow, especially if you try to delete a few sessions at a time, as well as the issue you mention

Found another refresh issue. When you exit the game after a session, when you go to circuits tab, the list shows lap time from latest track played in game whatever is previously selected in track dropdown list.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%