ACC: Redbull Games interviews Marco Massarutto

“Of course we'll have a career mode, the championship, a single and multiplayer system. But in terms of what's new, the rating system, driver profile, stats and the tutorials will keep players busy. Our aim isn't just to say ‘that's the game, here's the available cars and tracks, enjoy it.’ Instead, we want to keep players involved with the GT Series and all the aspects that the GT3 Championship can offer them. That includes providing the tools and information the players need to improve their driving style, consistency, and more.”

Full Interview:
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/assetto-corsa-competizione-interview

assetto-corsa-competizione-car.jpg

assetto-corsa-competizione-wet.jpg

assetto-corsa-competizione-track.jpg

Massarutto enthuses about what was learned during this demonstration, “One of the great little details we got from them, was the fact that if they find themselves on slick tyres on heavy rain, they’ll try to go and collect rubber marbles from the outside of the turns. The marbles will stick on the slick tyres, creating a kind of “tread”. It will give vibration and less pure grip, but it will help the tyre to drain standing water a tiny bit better than a completely slick tyre, thus helping drivers survive for a couple of laps until the pitstop or end of the race if it’s close enough, without changing to rain tyres. It’s not much, but slicks are really dangerous on wet and every little thing helps. Obviously we’re hard at work, implementing this into our physics engine.

The drivers also contributed to the sound design of the game, contributing details about distinctive sounds that most people can't hear in a normal car or in videos of racing cars. Massarutto says, “The noise generated by the ABS is a good example: it can provide information to the drivers regarding their driving style. In Assetto Corsa Competizione we're now able to reproduce the same audio experience of the real race car when the ABS engages, and it’s fully driven by physics, so no fake sounds! This, together with many other details in the audio department like puddles, debris, different surface conditions, engine start-up and shutdown, will offer much more information to the driver and at the same time improve the overall driving experience.

OH MY! :confused:

remember the last game that generated this much hype?... pcars 2, yeah just saying

just wait and see and don't buy into hype trains
I'm quite happy with AC1, not perfect but solid. If ACC improves on it, as you would expect it to, then great. If not, it won't be worse than AC1 that I like already. "Just" another solid sim out there. So, what "hype train"? Kunos seem to promise modest goals, an achievable amount of quality content and detailed simulation. People know how they've developed their past games (slow and steady with limited resources and manpower) and know that the studio has grown since and what they can build on.

Wholly different situation with Project CARS. Before AC was even a thing they already were a large studio, promised the moon and hyped the community for years with the initially crowdfunded PC1, and then promised to really do everything that game was supposed to deliver and more this time, for real, with (the way too soon after PC1 announced) PC2. All this time after release PC2 might be a solid game but coming from PC1 I was certainly not "hyped" for it. More like "that's what the first game should've been...".

• Deleted member 379375

I'm quite happy with AC1, not perfect but solid. If ACC improves on it, as you would expect it to, then great. If not, it won't be worse than AC1 that I like already. "Just" another solid sim out there. So, what "hype train"? Kunos seem to promise modest goals, an achievable amount of quality content and detailed simulation. People know how they've developed their past games (slow and steady with limited resources and manpower) and know that the studio has grown since and what they can build on.

Wholly different situation with Project CARS. Before AC was even a thing they already were a large studio, promised the moon and hyped the community for years with the initially crowdfunded PC1, and then promised to really do everything that game was supposed to deliver and more this time, for real, with (the way too soon after PC1 announced) PC2. All this time after release PC2 might be a solid game but coming from PC1 I was certainly not "hyped" for it. More like "that's what the first game should've been...".

I totally agree. I have PC1 and didn't buy PC2 as I don't like the 'promise everything and deliver inconsistent quality' business model.

I was interested in your statement that it's 'solid', Is that the case now? Do replays work and has the invisible wall gone? Not that I have changed my mind on SMS just to be clear.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%